May 24, 2022
Louisiana
Your Discord name & tag: Pulsewalker#7790

What server is this for, Network, CityRP, SCP or MRP?: SCP

Permanent Discord ID (see format thread for help): 135682492651798537

Date of ban (if known): 12/12/2022

Reason for ban (if known): Toxicity

Who banned you?: Ethics Member 'Foxatron'

Prior to this, have you ever been banned off Discord?: Never.

Why should we remove your ban from Discord?:

In a single sentence: Because it never should have happened to begin with.

I was the former O5-1 of the USA server. Server Leadership and I have admittedly have our problems in the past, especially when it's come to the treatment of their members. However, these complaints have often stayed contained within the moment or have been hashed out soon after. Due to these pressures from SL and nothing from within the game, I left my position with a bittersweet farewell. I created a farewell message as well that read as follows:

This following message is to be digested in an OOC fashion.

I am officially retiring as O5-1.

I have given a lot of thought to this decision over the past three weeks. A lot of events have occurred on the server to sway me in each direction, but ultimately, I have decided to take my leave from the server. I like to believe I have a great reputation among Site 56's personnel and it is in my best interest to keep it that way. As such, alongside my own health concerns, I will be taking my official leave.

This is due to a combination of aspects that I will not divulge in a public forum. The only reason I am pinging this is because while I have spoken at length about this, no one knows that I intended to truly leave. This is just as much for them as it is for the people who have never spoken to me before.

I have enjoyed being your -1. I have enjoyed this server. However, this is the time I shall say goodbye. I do not intend on returning until certain aspects have either been altered or calmed down. Then, and only then, will I feel comfortable returning to my duty.. and it likely won't be as -1, as someone else will have slipped into that role as they rightfully should.

It has been an honor serving you, Site 56. I will linger to answer any questions, transfer documents or information for the next seven days. Thank you for allowing me to be your -1.

- Former O5-1 "The Prodigy"

This message was combined with a ping to the USA server, as I had gained a positive reputation with the members and wanted to ensure everyone knew that I was going to be stepping down. This was where the saga was supposed to end, where the story of my tenure came to a close. However, this did not end in anything positive at all.

This ping was requested to be removed by UK Super Admin Winkie. As he is not a USA Super Admin nor should he hold any jurisdiction over anything that I do (not to mention his history of being a poor member of SL in the first place due to attitude problems) alongside the fact that I was no longer O5-1, I saw no reason to comply with this extremely pointless request. He followed this up with a threat to delete the announcement if I did not remove the ping. The ping was already sent out, so there was zero point. So I chose not to do so.

The announcement was deleted on 12/12/2022. So I sent the following message within #mess-hall to voice my relief in how he did so:

I appreciate my send off message in #?foundation-announcements being removed because I didn't feel any desire to bend the knee to frankly idiotic and meaningless demands from UK Super Admin Winkie. It only makes me feel more empowered by my decision to leave my position due to the poison choking SL and the current attitude present within their highest rankings.

Thank you for making this even easier than it already was.

After this message was sent, I left the server. However, just a few minutes later, I was informed that I was permabanned from the server for toxicity. This by itself is not grievous. After all, I had already left and didn't exactly care about the opinions of staff members I can't bring myself to respect due to their attitudes and the way they conduct themselves in public. It was only today that I was informed that US SL was not informed about my permaban.

I was encouraged by multiple people to appeal this ban, if only because it shouldn't be on my record in the first place. I did not want this to be on my record either, but I didn't care. I only want this off my record in the small chance that I return to the server when the SL team improves in their public conduct.

The facts are as they are stated. If more information is needed on the issues leading up to this, I can handle these explanations as well. Until then, this is my appeal to have the permaban lifted from my record. Thank you.

Foxatron

Donator
Apr 16, 2022
Hello @Pulsewalker

Thankyou for taking the time to appeal this ban .

Whilst I understand that was irritated about your announcement being deleted , the SL team agreed it was inappropriate as we have a leaving section of the forums for a reason ; your reaction in mess hall was completely unwarranted and came across to me as petulancy . If you speak to me in discord or TS as I don't know your circumstances . I'll be more than happy to reduce this ban to a shorter time period.

Kind regards,
Foxatron​

Pulsewalker

May 24, 2022
Louisiana
With all due respect,

Petulancy is coming into a channel where people are attempting to vent and calling them embarrassing for it while simultaneously not providing them a proper place to release grievances due to wanting surveillance over every in-Discord conversation among players.

Petulancy is requesting that staff members watch over Teamspeak channels to ensure that proper conduct is followed at all times, not allowing for any downtime from the IC conversations nor the feeling that someone is watching every single word they have to say.

Petulancy is the fact that most of the SL see sexual harassment as such a tiny, itty bitty subgenre of punishments that when it has been requested on multiple occasions to have its own classification of punishment, it's so irrelevant that it can be forgotten about in its entirety.

Petulancy is feeling the need to bring down a permanent ban on someone (a ban length that goes much farther than actual racism and sexism on the server) because I explained that Winkie made an extremely pointless, needless, useless request of me and wanted to ensure that grievance was public.

For next time, let me give you a cheat sheet on how this interaction should have gone:
  1. Inform me that my message will be removed within the next 24 hours, as according to your explanation, the message was to be removed. This completely goes against Winkie's request to simply remove the ping that had already pinged USA (something he also stated on record that wouldn't have mattered since the ping went through), but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say Winkie didn't understand what he wanted and SL shifted their stance later down the road.
  2. Give me those 24 hours to copy my message down. This is where Winkie should have directed me to put this message into a post within the Leaving section of the forum.
  3. Then, if I complained about needing to move my message from one place to another, you look like the good guys in the end because I'm being a right bellend about where I want my message to be.
This issue was handled poorly by both you and Winkie. You due to how reactionary your permanent ban was and Winkie for simply being the messenger of a will that was clearly unsure of what they wanted to happen (among other things). I will not apologize for the way I spoke because frankly, I was very nice and sliced a lot of dialogue out of those two posts quoted above out of respect for the remainder of SL and their image on the server.

You will not receive a message from me on TS nor Discord. I have no reason to speak with you.

You can remove my Discord ban.

Thank you.

Foxatron

Donator
Apr 16, 2022
Hello @Pulsewalker

Thankyou for your past response .

I'm not sure where you're getting some of this information but if you don't report it , it makes it difficult for us to deal with any of these situations without any prior knowledge .

I will reduce your ban to 1 month .

Kind regards,
Foxatron​

Status
Not open for further replies.