[USA] Sponge's Ethics Committee Assistant Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponge

Feb 3, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:52062904
Discord name: Sponge#1337
For how long have you played on CG SCP: I have about 2 weeks total v-time, but I've been playing for about a month consistently
In what country are you located?: United States of America
Time zone: CST
Character name(s): Foundation: "Sponge", GOC: Andrew Smirk
Civilian name: Homer Winters
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?:
-
Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
-
Nu-7 SPC (held), CI-A (held), E-11 SPC (held), B-1 CPL (holding), Medical Consultant (holding), GOC SPC, (holding)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
-
N/A
What makes you the best candidate for Ethics Committee Assistant?:
-
I believe there are multiple reasons I am the best candidate for ECA. First off: I have Jr. CL 4 experience. As a consultant, it's up to me to manage alongside Dpt. Directors of the medical department and make sure people are doing what they need to me. I assist the Dpt. Director where need be, and I feel like this is gonna be extremely similar to something I may do if I'm accepted for ECA for EC members. Another reason I feel like I am the best candidate is my attitude and professionalism set me aside from most. I tend to act differently depending on different jobs I am on, i.e. if I'm on my MTF, I tend to be a bit harsher, cold, etc. This will obviously differ if I were to get ECA and get on it, I'd most likely have the attitude already for it because as previously stated, I'm a consultant, I help people, and that's most likely what I'm gonna be doing an ECA. I also am willing and can, present the EC very well as an ECA. Making sure that: The Ethics are around to HELP people, they're an organization of professionals, and they're very watchful, which I feel I would be very competent and professional in doing, though of course, I understand that ECA will be a position of learning, which I am fully willing to improve, and as well as show strengths I have.
What are the responsibilities of Ethics Committee Assistants in RP?:
-
Apparent in the name: ECAs are responsible for helping official EC members, and the Chairman, ensuring ethics are being applied to everything within the foundation and all departments within it. This also includes making sure that any ethical violations are being dealt with via the EC or IA, by bringing it to whatever department it may be applicable to. They also serve in the Site Administration, so they're also responsible for making sure that appropriate threats are being dealt with in the foundation, including as stated earlier, ethical violations, but also threats to humans via utilizing the O-1 Task Force, and making sure everyone is safe, and the SCP Foundation is stable.
Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee Assistant character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Bob "Sponge" Smirk grew up in a mid-wealthy life, and a brother: Andrew Smirk, but "Sponge" ran away from home to escape the abuse that he received from his parents, and grew up in foster care. He would take a great interest in medicine, study it in High School, and majored in University. It took him 13 years in college and training but was able to perform medical duties as a public doctor. It took him about "Sponge" was a successful and great doctor. He would always put others before himself, and would even be near the battlefields of war in the middle east and treat patients sent back to the U.S. military base. Though his glory was short-lived, as "Sponge" became greedy, and desperate for more and more money, regardless of any means. "Sponge" began harvesting deceased patients via post-mortem operations, and sold them for money. He made quite the buck doing this and proceeded to do this until he was caught. When he was caught, he not only got his doctor's license taken away, but was charged with death row for being also charged with the murder of patients of post-mortem operations. "Sponge" however, was given a chance: to serve as a D-Class for a month, or die. He took the D-Class of course and lived a lie. However, there was an incident, and riot in D-Block, Riot Control was dispatched and sent to control the crowd as guns were shot and eventually, a guard and a d-class were shot, and people stopped rioting, which led to panic. "Sponge" saw this and knew what to do, and used resources around him and a field kit he found and treated both the D-Class and Guard. Everyone was impressed, and this took notice of Site Administration and so they gave him another choice: Become a doctor for the foundation, or be terminated.

"Sponge" has been taking his career as a consultant very well. He's been grateful for this opportunity by showing his competence and providing aid to the foundation. These skills he had and his helpfulness to the Foundation landed him as a Medical Consultant, being appointed and highlighted by Dpt. Directors, and the Overseer Council. This was a great milestone in "Sponge"'s new restart in life. "Sponge" would spend his first days getting trained, and then afterward, teaching the ropes to Medical Trainees and current Doctors needing help. He would also still help people to the best of his abilities, as well as communicate with other consultants and the Dpt. Director. Through the moments of crisis in "Sponge"'s (like breaches), "Sponge" would constantly try to ensure the safety of other Medical, Researchers, and Site Staff in PW, and keep them safe. This would appeal to the Site Administration, as it was understood and thought that Sponge had a good understanding of Ethics, humanity, and morals, always protecting foundation staff, and ensuring that violators of ethics are brought to justice through making contact with IA. He felt that as CL 4, he would be a role model to many other people, not just including other medical staff, and it was important that his staff and others understood their conduct and their ethics requirements. This would of course, make him a possible candidate for the EC, through the introduction and selecting him for ECA, but that's yet to be decided.

ants

Jan 22, 2023
+support even tho sponge is insane he would be a great ECA

Mike7

Feb 3, 2023
+support great guy with a solid work ethic. Very knowledgeable. Will be an excellent ECA

McApple

Dec 3, 2022
From the Ethics Committee of Site-56

2zUzcvACxWkthmFMqqc1u8ZgYMu6SqcEy6OVMIRukpv04NNqcSmB46LZ3Iz8-45KsCdmlxgXl3EnVEADU0CUJqZhNlj2sVh1R_iIaGzqclt-P94p3IjLskQOYupqWtoMEAXwUfKA2m6vbszzWjiUKSI

Hello, Sponge!

First of all, thank you for taking the time to apply for the position of Ethics Assistant!
Your time's very much appreciated.

Upon review, your application has been Accepted!

After Committee Vote.

Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.