[USA] Sylveon's Senior Gamemaster Demotion/Removal Appeal

Name: Sylveon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:73012697
Previous Rank (convert if required): Senior Gamemaster

Who demoted you?: Artemis and World
Date of demotion?: 09/17/2024
What server were you demoted from?: USA
What is the case against you?:
For this overall Demotion appeal, I will be including all relevant information that has led to my demotion.

With that being said, I have had 1 Minor Infraction, 2 Regular infractions, and then the recent incident that wasn't an infraction that resulted in my removal.

The First Minor Infraction: This happened roughly a year ago, when I was still a gamemaster. I was inside the EOC with a Site Director as we were discussing Topics, during this as we started talking about some fun stuff, I decided to blow him up with a C4. He had no problems with this himself, however some one heard the explosion and it led to me being yelled at. At the time, the C4 device was heavily restricted, so It was understandable.

The First Infraction: I received this infraction for how I handled a discussion with a player in Event Feedback. The subject who imitated this dialog is a know player for being reasonable hostile in discussion, and as he was ignoring what I was telling him, as his points were valid and continued to attack my character, I begin to get slightly aggressive, however not too unreasonable.

This Infraction, I was attempting to appeal, however anytime I brought it up, it was shoved to the side for more Important matters. I speak of this, as attempting to appeal this infraction, and the lack of ability to do so, led to my removal.

The Second Infraction: This Infraction, I will not hide behind. This one was reasonably warranted, however I feel like it didn't need to be a big infraction. During some time while Auburn was visiting the US Server, he was set as an Alpha-1 Lieutenant. We had some fun on floor-3, involving a 8854 swep and a Super Double barrel, in which he left floor-3 and I intended to ambush Alpha-1 with the swep. Bear in mind, this was in good nature, and only suposed to be a fun thing.

While I spectated to find Alpha-1 in rock hallway, I attempted to ensure I didn't have anyone else around, in order to not set a bad example or impede some one elses roleplay. I unfortunately ran into the two CI Deepcovers, and when they attempted to hold me at gunpoint, I hit the first one with the 8854 swep and attempted to flee, leading the second DC to charge out and kill me. This situation led to the Alpha-1 who were nearby to hear and investigate, leading to a DC death.

I should note, that I backed up the Admin in the decision to refund the DC.

The Final Incident: Now then, this is the final part, and wasn't directly involved as an Infraction. Roughly a week before this meeting, I was disguised as O5 and running around the site. I came across O-1 and Zach having some fun in Core Sector, so I decided to engage. During this, we went into the Core Closet, and I begin to mess around with the C4 Device, I set it to 15 seconds, and then placed it on the floor. Zach then decided to grav gun it and charge at the O-1 who were watching.

Admittingly, this isn't idea, however this is where my opinion on the matter comes into play. This incident, happened when nothing else was happening, people where already having fun in the area, and nobody had a problem with the situation at hand, as no complaint was filed for this incident. Bear in mind, this is a Gmod Server, and some people are looking forward to the silly stuff that breaks up the monotony of the day to day operations of the foundation. I understand that there are guidelines in place for a reason, however I didn't break any guidelines from my side, and I didn't ever intend to "Give" the C4 to Zach, I just forgot that the C4 can be placed, as I'm used to it just being a suicide bomb.

Final Incident Addendum: I add this as a secondary thing, as I had an SCP object custom made that would morph people into fish. This object was used on Zach in which he was ferried around the site as a fish to interact with people. I should be clear, this object was approved by SSL, even if the SSL is no longer an SSL, that doesn't just completely invalidate its potential as an RP object. This object has had a file made for it, and is used as an intimidation product against high ranking CL4 Members. It has only directly turned 3 people into fish, one being Thato, the second being Site Director Skyfire, who is now housed in the current Site Directors office as a reminder what failure means, and the third being Zach, who I did as a recommendation from an A-1 LT. I am unsure if this was a deciding factor for my removal or not, however it was discussed during my demotion, and I took it as a deciding factor in my demotion, which seems unfair.

As a final comment, I would like to state, its a bit unfair to judge something off some one elses actions, even if the C4 being there was my doing, him picking it up and running at O-1 isn't necessarily fair 100% to pin on me.

I should mention, with this final Incident, and to the knowledge I was given from the Event Supervisor, is he didn't want to remove me due to this incident, I will not comment as to why this is, most likely due to him sharing my opinion in that no complaint was made, and it didn't hinder the servers health. I find it laughable that a Youtube Video can come up and some ones entire career as a GM is gone. This leads me to the idea that my demotion went over the proper jurisdiction of the event supervisor, which I find odd.
Is this true?: As the stations I've said above, yes, it is True. I am not going to sit here and lie, but just attempt to explain my point as to why I should still be a SGM.
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: Technically, Yes, at the time I was a Gamemaster, however I was informed I wasn't supposed to be demoted but suspended.
Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned?: No Kicks or Bans, but I have two Warns for FearRP from around 2 years ago.
What is your side of the story?: Overall, I am a long standing member of the community, I may have my ups and downs, however I deeply care for the server, and have put in a lot of effort to get to where I am, and that includes SGM.

The amount of RP I have pushed using my tools as an SGM can outplay the bumps I've hit, and I believe the last two bumps leading to my removal are outrageous. If some one had made a complaint on me, for being C4'd by Zach, I would understand the punishment, however I have had two recent incidents that have put me under fire, for a reasonable respectable record as a Gamemaster.

I follow the rules, push Roleplay, make unique scenarios that are fun for the players, and occasionally goof off, usually in a closed capacity, however sometimes you need to goof off with others, so they enjoy the server and feel like coming back.

Why should you return / what will you change?: First and formost, I would ensure that I would remain more closed, likely stopping with any shenanigan's. However, I would still find ways to continue to bring fun to others on the server. Within that right, I would crack down on my stupidity and "Lock In" as I deeply care for the GM team, and I wasn't done with it yet.

I would like to return, and if granted the ability to do so, I promise no future problems will occur.

In the light of transparency, here are the evidence used for the Infraction I agree is justified, and the incident behind my removal.
8854 Swep Incident: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/c...d1337AfVXUqE?invite=cr-MSwwUUgsMjA1MDcwMDk3LA
C4 Incident:
[ View the intro to see the incident in a cliff highlight style thing. ]

+support
i think the first infraction was about me malding in the event feedback thing and kind of insulting him making him mad and we argued about it, i think him getting mad was justified because i was being a lil bit of a bitch back then, he still is a good gm and has learned from his mistakes and i feel he deserves a 2nd chance 100%
Not going to Lie, I appreciate the Response here. I had a discussion with Insane recently and he kind of shed some light in regards to your personality.

Its a bit of old history this day, but I was trying to appeal the infraction I received from this incident, as I believe that my hostility in response to yours was... not too eccentric.

Regardless, Thank You, you made my day a bit reading this. :)

Last edited: