Denied Warfunds for all factions (not for the obvious reason!)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
Preface:
This suggestion is NOT asking for warfunds to be added for the sake of combat.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adding warfunds to all factions that ARE UNABLE TO BE USED FOR ANY DEPLOYABLE ASSISTANCE.
CI and Foundation are unable to use warfunds for buying anything like an airstrike, again:

The use of these warfunds would be PURELY for NEGOTIATIONS and EVENTS ONLY! This doesn't apply to the GOC who get to use warfunds as normal.
All Factions (inc. civs) gets Warfunds, only GameMasters can access civ warfunds so that event characters can request money transfers!

This encourages all factions to take hostage negotiations seriously, gone will be the days you to have to pay 20k from your own bank to free somebody.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I suggested something like this probably a year ago, it was denied but that was so long ago I suspect most of the Event Team who was there to deny it has either resigned or left the server entirely (lol).

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • Encourages factions to pay off hostage negotiations (nobody has to lose money from their own pocket)
  • Improves overall RP
  • Communal money between a faction is a gauge of success (e.g. if CI has £2 million and F has £8 million when they both start at £5 million we see that Foundation has succeeded in the past month!)
  • Allows usage of actual warfunds on Foundation or CI's side if an SL member approves it
  • Allows for fun and new usage of warfunds, e.g. a GM could let Foundation call in a blackhawk helicopter (shameless plug of my epic helicopter pac seen below ? by transferring money to GM warfunds)
  • Warfund money can be used in events
  • More immersive RP

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Dev time adding money transfer abilities to warfunds (idk if it's possible)
  • May be underused
  • Genuinely cannot think of any more negatives, I don't see how this could be abused at all.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I genuinely don't see any negatives to this other than dev time.
Again,

I just want to clear this up so content team won't deny it because of a silly reason like: "We aren't adding warfunds to CI because it is a feature reserved only for the GOC!", which completely misses the point of this suggestion.

Last edited:

Pupper

Jun 6, 2023
this post hurts my eyes

-Support

I don't think it would benefit RP and I think the current system is fine as is, and If they were paid through wargames money that they can't use in any way what is the point of the warfunds system? If CI had such an insignifigant reward for kidnapping people they wouldn't do it

• Wow
Reactions: Johnson J. Marauder

François "Napoléon"

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Feb 16, 2023
+support, I also think that Nu-7 and CI should get air assets though (I am aware the suggestion said they shouldn't, but I think it would be a nice change of pace for surface combat)
Would make goc pointless. Giving ammo drops? Yeah why not. Crates? Sure. Strikes and bombs, too much.

Johnson J. Marauder

Jun 9, 2022
this post hurts my eyes

-Support

I don't think it would benefit RP and I think the current system is fine as is, and If they were paid through wargames money that they can't use in any way what is the point of the warfunds system? If CI had such an insignifigant reward for kidnapping people they wouldn't do it
Thats a good point tbh

Second

Would make goc pointless. Giving ammo drops? Yeah why not. Crates? Sure. Strikes and bombs, too much.
GOC have the strongest loadouts by a considerable margin, and the ADB is a valuable asset (on US, breaches on surface are not uncommon). Take it from a former GOC LTGEN, their loadouts are nutty and the Airstrikes add zero to that. In fact, for a while the US server's airstrikes didn't even work and we still curbstomped everyone in our way.

'Athena'

Feb 24, 2023
+support

I wanted to suggest something similar, and its something I spoke about with Yeke. Definitely think this would be amazing, especially for kidnappings.

Hope it goes through!

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
this post hurts my eyes

-Support

why do you think it wouldn't benefit RP?
Every few days, CI will kidnap a fucking ethics member or something and negotiations pretty much end up as "5k, take it or leave it" because nobody wants to be the one to pay 40k to CI.

The point of adding the warfunds system is so an alternate way of paying the enemy for hostage transfers is implemented (and it makes events where factions can use warfunds a lot easier to run!)

Also recall the following positives which also answer your question of "why would CI want to kidnap people if they can't do anything with them?":
  • Communal money between a faction is a gauge of success (e.g. if CI has £2 million and F has £8 million when they both start at £5 million we see that Foundation has succeeded in the past month!)
  • Allows usage of actual warfunds on Foundation or CI's side if an SL member approves it
  • Allows for fun and new usage of warfunds, e.g. a GM could let Foundation call in a blackhawk helicopter (shameless plug of my epic helicopter pac seen below ? by transferring money to GM warfunds)
Here's a few situations possible with this system that you otherwise wouldn't see:

Event mercs can be called in for stuff like:
CI or Nu-7 calling in juggernaut suits
Attack helicopters and fighter jets being called in during surface wars (yet another shameless plug of my pacs)

Bribes from one faction to another (e.g. Foundation pay CI to ruin their relations with GOC and hide the deal, or GOC are bribed by CI to hand over an SCP 008 vial)
Any auction events are easier to run (CI transferred £2 million, GOC transferred £14 million, etc...) and are slightly more realistic in that you don't need to use monopoly money or 'tokens'
Event rewards can be more than just a pat on the back and a permaprop in a faction's respective base
More DC objectives, e.g. a CI DC whose objective is to kidnap Nu-7 to find out how much money is in their warfund accounts
Possibility for actual warfunds usage on F and CI (paying mercs to do it or SL approval to do it directly from their tac tablets, and so on)

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Support
Foundation staff should be paying for hostages out of their accounts, not out of their pockets.

TripTrap

Oct 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Bill Nye The Guy,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

After discussing this, we concluded that the warfunds wouldn't really be necessary as they would only really be usable for a few things such as hostage negotiations. With that, it wouldn't really hold the same weight as actually kidnapping people.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.