What features would you like to see in a forum

• Thread starter Deleted member 4984
  • Start date

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
a way to mute the downbad people talking about femboys and shit i just wanna browse suggestions i dont wanna see that

Reactions: lybbx

Deleted member 4984

Ive been building a django forum app with the intent of making it so that all you needed to do to build your own forum was to was build or insert a template and change a few values in the settings.py file without any backend code,
here is the link if anyone wants to try it out, but be aware its not encrypted
Ive been stalling on the project, Im not even exaggerating when I say that 90% of the time im supposed to be working im procrastinating, I don't know what to do tbh. Anything that is even slightly tedious I cant bring myself to do it.

I have a few todo stuff like

#TODO Add post pining
#TODO Add thread moving
#TODO Add ability to add badges without django admin pannel
#TODO add a context generator
#TODO add password reset
#TODO Add post history

and while at most this would take like 2-5 hours since ive already done it or know how to do it, I can't seem to bring myself to do any of it, today all I fucking did was add a delete function to post objects something that Ive already done and is harder with comments yet it still took me till fucking 5:14pm to finally do, im so sick and tired of this I want this to end, and tbh I dont know how I will do in an actual job if this is the fucking way im working on something that I "enjoy".

Btw if you wanna try out the app you can log in with the email blob@gmail.com and password civilnetworks, the account has superadmin access, althought you will need to setup badges with perms for it to work

The forum backend is like 80% done at this point but I dont know if I will be even be able to finish it

Deleted member 4984

ngl, looking back at how much time I spend procrastinating on what should have been something easy and quick just makes me want to kms