Why do people take MRP so seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clouds

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
When the server opened up (when I played) everyone took this server as a game and nothing else, 6-8 months after it launched people started taking it so seriously that it made it so cringe which is the exact reason I left. So my question is, why do people take it so seriously when its just a GMOD server?

P.S. Anyone who says: "Uh BuT iTs a RoLePlaY SeRvEr!!!!!", let me remind you, GMOD is a sandbox game, not a sim like arma.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
I used to take it quite seriously, it was fun ordering people around and seeing your plans actually come to life, but since leaving and coming back, yeah I agree, it's just a videogame and we're all here to have fun, if you're not having fun, don't play, if you're making it not fun for other people, then you're an ass

There is roleplay I suppose but there's no real excuse to make it less fun for other people

Reactions: Fug

Hydro

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 19, 2020
When the server opened up (when I played) everyone took this server as a game and nothing else, 6-8 months after it launched people started taking it so seriously that it made it so cringe which is the exact reason I left. So my question is, why do people take it so seriously when its just a GMOD server?

P.S. Anyone who says: "Uh BuT iTs a RoLePlaY SeRvEr!!!!!", let me remind you, GMOD is a sandbox game, not a sim like arma.

Like you said, it's a roleplay server. I think the majority of the people on the server probably enjoy it quite serious, hence why they play on it. That being said though, we do have two factions, NATO and USSR. NATO is aimed at more serious roleplay whereas USSR is probably on the lighter side.

You knew this though, which is why you put the backup p.s. in the event that somebody actually told you what you already knew. If you dislike being in a regiment that is too serious then join a different one. I don't accept the "its gmod not arma" argument, because the whole server is very obviously configured to be a serious roleplay server in which you play as a soldier for either side.

If this thread was anything more than a blatant insult towards people playing on the server, and a pretty obvious post where you're looking for a fight I'd have probably left it unlocked. Unfortunately from what I can see it's just that you've been punished in-game for doing something - probably just breaking a law - and now you're lashing out on the forums where you've got immunity from your CO's.

To the best of my knowledge, the server is about as serious as it's always been. Thankfully we've got this new arrest system now though, so at the very least people who consistently fail to play their character will actually have to deal with lasting consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.