Why does my game keep crashing? ( MRP)

fiski69

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
So everytime i load into the mrp server my game keeps crashing after usually 1.5-2 hours of connecting to the server.
Right before i crash my game usually has FPS drops for a couple seconds and then it crashes by instantly closing the window. Or my game just instantly completely closes.

I already re installed gmod and verified my files. and deleted the map the server is on

Kuroi7

CG Diamond VIP
Donator
Jan 4, 2021
I have the same issue. After 1.5-2h, it seems like I get overload, and my game crashes.
Few seconds before it crash my fps drops rapidly.
(I have really good pc that can run cyberpunk on high specs)

fiski69

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
I have the same issue. After 1.5-2h, it seems like I get overload, and my game crashes.
Few seconds before it crash my fps drops rapidly.
(I have really good pc that can run cyberpunk on high specs)
For me the only way to prevent a crash on the second war i attend is literally just restarting my pc, even if i restart stream and then verify files then connect my game still crashes on the 2nd war

Kuroi7

CG Diamond VIP
Donator
Jan 4, 2021
I play DarkRP and I have this issue only on CivilGamer server.
I deleted all my addons and downloaded just the pack and have 0 errors but it crashes anyway.

LuZ

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 29, 2020
Not sure if you've done this already, but you can try putting your GMOD to run as 64bit, that stopped my game from crashing completely when I used to have the same issue.

To put your GMOD into 64bit -> open steam -> right click Garry's mod -> Properties -> Betas -> x86-64 chromium

Risky

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 26, 2020
U.S.A.
So everytime i load into the mrp server my game keeps crashing after usually 1.5-2 hours of connecting to the server.
Right before i crash my game usually has FPS drops for a couple seconds and then it crashes by instantly closing the window. Or my game just instantly completely closes.

I already re installed gmod and verified my files. and deleted the map the server is on
Try getting rid of some addons that you dont need that causes frames and crashes.

Fatal_Titan

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Not sure if you've done this already, but you can try putting your GMOD to run as 64bit, that stopped my game from crashing completely when I used to have the same issue.

To put your GMOD into 64bit -> open steam -> right click Garry's mod -> Properties -> Betas -> x86-64 chromium
This is true , for some reason i have found to seem this is the most stable version for our servers , i had a major issue like you before i switched to that version. if that does not work go to your gmod files and look for your crash dump file and go to the discord support section and ask for help there.

Reactions: LuZ

fiski69

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
if i turn off multicore rendering my fps is too fucked even if u turn off recording off,i will try the 64 bit thing

LuZ

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 29, 2020
if i turn off multicore rendering my fps is too fucked even if u turn off recording off,i will try the 64 bit thing
If you have any questions about putting yo GMod into 64bit you can message me on discord (find me through the MRP server).

Hopefully that fixes your crashes, I know it’s fixed mine and a few other peoples issues.

fiski69

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
yeah my game stopped crashing now i put it on 64 bit
what even changed now i put it to 64 bit? i havent noticed any changes

Reactions: LuZ

LuZ

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 29, 2020
yeah my game stopped crashing now i put it on 64 bit
what even changed now i put it to 64 bit? i havent noticed any changes
No clue what changes, think it's meant to be more optimised for your system, but no clue tbh, all I know is it stopped my crashes.
64bit is even worse, it's experimental
^^ Seems to be helping a lot of people, have you tried it in 64bit?

TheAntiGarry

Dec 28, 2020
I would also play around with different launch options.
Something I have always done on source games and a few others, is running the game in a borderless window as it makes tabbing in/out very seamless and stable.
Minimising the game to tab out like it does when in full screen gives it an opportunity to crash quite a lot!
And borderless window is still the same full screen experience! (It sometimes messes with vsync/freesync/Gsync) but usually ok.

I run the 64bit chromium binaries which made a huge improvement for crashes and then I also force DirectX 9.0 and manually set my heapsize to increase memory stability. I have it set for 16GB of ram even though I'm at 32GB, it's generally pretty stable and crashes maybe once a week or two rather than several times a day like it used to. And if it's gonna crash, it usually does so pretty quickly, usually because something didn't load in correctly I would guess.

My Launch options are as below. You right click GMOD in your library and use the textbox at the bottom of General.
-dxlevel 90 -windowed -noborder -Heapsize 16777216