Accepted Window from Checkpoint Charlie to PW

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Sep 16, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
A window from the Checkpoint Charlie control room into PW. Would also need to remove/move the filing cabinets there to allow the space for that. Alternatively, the door into the control room could instead be replaced with one of the glass doors like is in the D-block testing line.

Ideally also, making the windows into the checkpoint itself have a pixel gap or something to allow voice chat to actually work through the windows (currently, you can only communicate via text chat, which is annoying).

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I could find.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • Allows IA/whoever is manning the checkpoint to see what is going on in PW
  • Allows anybody going through CPC to see if it is manned and act accordingly.
    • Currently, people just assume it won't be, so they keep going into control room and wasting time when IA are already in there to open it for people. It's annoying for IA, and it wastes people's time.
  • Gives a bit more purpose to CPC overall, so people might man it more often than just during breaches.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Small amount of mapping time - it's a very easy and minor change, so shouldn't take long

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It's a pretty minor mapping change that makes Checkpoint Charlie a bit more useful, less boring, and removes the waste of everyone's time that is opening the control room every time you go through because you don't know if it's being manned or not.

I Cannot Possibly Overstate How Much I +Support This
every time i'm on IA and have to man checkpoint charlie (yes, we exist), people always come into the control room first because it's just habit. the whole point of us being there is to make movement in and out of PW easier for foundation and harder for intruders/SCPs.

Reactions: Zen
Status
Not open for further replies.