Wybert ban appeal SCP RP UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

cityismy

May 10, 2023
Your in-game name: Wybert "Goober" Zephyran | Gavin "Victim" WilliamsYour SteamID: STEAM_0:1:587655060
Your steam community link:https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199135575849/home/
Date of ban: 31/10/2023
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): MRDM | #Waulkter
Who banned you: Holland
Ban length?: 2 weeks
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will no longer carry auger miniguns as I am a danger with weapons and I am very bad at not crossfiring people.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes, many times I have been warned, however all of my warns and bans apart from this are expired.
Why should you be unbanned: This instance of MRDM was completely accidental, caused by my low framerate and lag, I was trying to kill 2 008-2 instances however I gunned down ~8 people in the process, yes that may be a lot of people, however please consider the following. It was accidental, I in no way meant to kill those other players or ruin their roleplay experience, another thing to take into account is that all of them were going to die anyway, as we would not have had enough time to get to the garage no matter what and there was around 15 seconds till the nuke. this is a horrible lapse in judgement that will NEVER happen again, if you look at my warnings you will see I have not been warned in a long time, this shows that I have made a great improvement since my past mingery and that I truly wish to roleplay on this server.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I will always keep up to date with the server rules.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: The main reason that I want to rejoin this server is so that I can continue playing with the great people that I have met here, I adore this community greatly and I am very sad to be banned, many people agree that this ban was unjust and that I should not be banned, I would also like to add an apology to those that I have RDMed, O5-2, O5-3, O5-4, John dear, Cameron bowler and whomever else I had murdered, I will never commit such a heinous action like this ever again I promise to you.

Arthur Affton

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Jan 27, 2022
civilgamers.com
Hello Wybert

I banned you for Mrdm for the reason of killing like 8 people
However, I do understand under Ur fps this Could have happened but due to the amount of kills I had to punish for MRdm
but in the sit you were very apologetic and respectful when you knew a ban was incoming
if this ban appeal gets accepted I would recommend not using the Auger or try to work on your aim at the kill house

The proof I have

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1Bn6lVGp4GMZ9h/Gg9mA7otNNXX?invite=cr-MSxGM1UsMTY2NzkzMTYyLA[/URL]

Last edited:

cityismy

May 10, 2023
Hello Wybert

I banned you for Mrdm for the reason of killing like 8 people
However, I do understand under Ur fps this Could have happened but due to the amount of kills I had to punish for MRdm
but in the sit you were very apologetic and respectful when you knew a ban was incoming
if this ban appeal gets accepted I would recommend not using the Auger or try to work on your aim at the kill house

The proof I have
Again I am very sorry for my actions however this has brought on more than just a ban but also removal from both of my regiments and also my ambassador whitelist, it is also worth considering that some of the people that i killed may have been -2 instances as in the proof given i only see 6 kills by me and I can only confirm that 4 of those players were on a foundation job at the time

Last edited:

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
While we do appreciate people coming to the sides of others in their time of need, please do not reply to the Thread unless you are the staff involved, thank you.

John “Atlas” Kent

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 9, 2022
Vietnam
Appeal Accepted

Greetings, @cityismy

Thank you for taking the time to file a ban appeal on our forum. Before giving out my verdict, I will address some of the issues below

To begin with, after reviewing the clip that was provided by Arthur, I noticed that the player who shared the clip was also experiencing lag spikes due to some reasons. In addition, you were being remorseful and very apologetic for your actions. Thus, I can agree that shooting an Auger while having lag spikes might lead to crossfire, which can lead to severe consequences.

Next, about the ban, I understand that the damage was too severe, and Arthur was following the Punishment Guidelines. I also realized that there was no reason to accuse you of murdering those people; the clip showed that you were only aiming at the lift, and Arthur stated that there were instances of SCP-008-2. Given the context, I believe this is justified.

Based on the above, I have decided to remove your ban. However, I would suggest that you should be more careful in the future to prevent this from happening again.

Kind regards,

Atlas

Status
Not open for further replies.