Zen's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Sep 16, 2023
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): I have no idea, don't know how I would find this, and feel this is a really strange question. I have had many Steam names over the years, but have gone by Zen during my time on the server.
How many hours of playtime do you have? (vtime_menu in console): 4d, 1h in the past month. 1d 8h in the past week.
In what country are you located?: UK
Time zone: BST/GMT (depending on daylight savings)
Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): See forums signature.
Chaos name (include your rank): See forums signature, not active.
Civilian name: See forums signature.
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:94216966
Discord ID (name#0000): deniz3n
Do you have a mic?: Yes
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
This is the first moderator application I have made, though I have previously applied for addon developer here.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: No.

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?:
Yes. I have previously been staff on a Jailbreak server that no longer exists. Their rank structure worked differently, but I was somewhat equivalent to a Senior Admin by the time the server shut down.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
Yes, on this server. I am currently an IA Ambassador, and have been an E-11 CPT previously, and engaged in various roleplay as both. I also regularly (when the opportunity arises) do serious RP as a Tech Expert.

How many hours can you be on everyday?:
Based on my !time, it seems I have spent around 1d 8h in a week over the past week, and roughly proportional for the past month, so likely around that per week, which is around 3/4 hours per day. I won't be on every day, but I am very active, and should be able to keep up this level of activity (outside of LOAs) for the foreseeable future.

Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?:

I have been playing the server for quite a while now, and I often see players minging or otherwise breaking the rules. I want to help stop that, so that other players' experience isn't ruined by players like that. I also want to help genuine players by responding to queries and reports, and providing RP enhancements (props, etc.). I feel I have generally a pretty good grasp on the rules (and regularly read them and the rulings to keep up to date and make sure I'm not misquoting things when talking about them, e.g. to new players).

I also aim to work my way up to SL, as I frequently have to call sits and make tickets that require Senior Admin+, and I know from experience that this is a pain in the ass. I also want to have a more direct say on rule changes and rulings, which is something that I have spoken about with others at length in the past.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
I have played the server regularly since August last year, and have a good track record, with no warnings, kicks or bans. I also keep up to date with the rules and rulings, and regularly read through them when I am unsure on something. I believe my experience on the server, experience with similar roles in the past elsewhere, and proven track record would put me in a good place to start as a Trial Mod. I realise that there are other things I will need to learn that are taught during the trial period and beyond, and I'm happy to continue learning.

I also have a limited amount of server experience related to this, in that I am an IA Ambassador, and have also created the E&TS Infraction Log to allow E&TS personnel to actually get job banned for once. I plan to continue with both of these.

Feb 10, 2024
+Support

I have interacted with you countless times and most of them were when you were playing as Techie. You always seemed like a genuinely friendly, helpful and professional individual. I haven't seen you minge even once on Techie in all the times I've met you and that speaks volumes about your professionalism.

Your claim of wanting and trying to help new players is valid, as you have helped me in the past too when I was relatively new or just had some basic questions. The documents you have written for E&TS for example prove that you can be exceptionally determined, thorough and diligent, when it comes to things that pique your interest. Now, if you find moderation on this server to be enjoyable, then I have no doubt in my mind that your traits would be of great use to become an amazing staff member.

- Great RP and leadership
- Professional, friendly, determined and approachable
- Only positive interactions
- Great experience and seems to care about the rules more than the average person

I think Zen would make a great addition to the staff team!

Willow

Mar 14, 2024
+support
Zen is arguably one of the biggest cookers around just from the work I see them put into E&TS.

Kayla

Staff of the week!
Staff of the Week
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 20, 2023
Application Accepted

Hello, @Zen
Thanks for taking the time to make an application!

I am delighted to inform you that, following a thorough review by The Resources Team, your application has been accepted!

We invite you to join our Team Speak at your earliest convenience, wait in the interview waiting room, and put "Waiting for Interview" in your name so we can proceed with the next stage of the process. An interviewer will be with you as soon as possible to guide you through the next stage of the process.​

Status
Not open for further replies.