Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Name: Valk (Valkon, Valkyrie)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22353377
Previous Rank: Senior Game Master
Date of resignation?: Unsure, but around 2 years ago
Why did you resign? Burnout and frustration after a long series of events. Wasn't in a good headspace at the time.
Prior to this resignation , have you ever been demoted or resigned?: I've been demoted from GM once for using a command that I wasn't supposed to, and I have resigned twice before this also. I was also demoted from GM on DarkRP.
Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned?: Several kicks for toxicity in 2020, one MRDM ban in 2021 and a few other bans that were false, other warns are just the standard such as RDM, Metagame and ROE.
Why should you return / why can you now commit to being staff again?:

Firstly I'd like to address why this appeal may be controversial, that being my demotion from GM on DarkRP. I don't particularly like making my private life public, but I was going through a particularly rough patch mentally where I was spending most of the day on DarkRP not really doing much. I hosted an event with the intention of getting myself banned. This was a mistake that I regret as I didn't fully understand the implications network-wide. Suffice to say, the problems leading me into that headspace have been resolved.

MRP has always been my primary community on CN and it's the server I keep coming back to. I've previously worked on a lot of the lore, map change events and I have led both teams as NHC and UHC where I would say I have been successful in promoting roleplay and in encouraging the various teams and regiments to perform better. As GM it gives me some more power and authority to set things up to promote this from the sidelines with things such as regular trainings, roleplay scenarios and so forth.

Lore-wise I've missed writing the stories and planning the events that go with them. If allowed to return I'd immediately start on a new storyline that should hopefully bring some people back. My events were always more incidental and the storylines were dynamic, changing based upon how the teams performed in the mini events etc. To bolster immersion I'd run regular peacetime events that are directly tied to the map change events, and the wider story.

I also am a big fan of mini-game type events that I can run on the regular too. These downtime events were mostly aimed at letting people blow off steam and have fun (bumper cars, tank wars, machete boxing etc). I usually did these events later on at night after the wars were done, but I can just as well do them in the more busier peacetimes to keep people engaged and playing.

My downfall last time was burnout and frustration, to counteract it this time I'll be taking more time to plan various events and working with SL to make them more engaging and not frustrating for players. I'd also like to add that I tried my best to make sure events I ran were fair and balanced, and this sometimes didn't quite go to plan (as with my last event where I was spawning USSR FOBs when they were outnumbered, which upset some NATO players).

I believe the current playercount for MRP is just enough to sustain a regular community but is not enough to encourage engagement and activity in peacetime, my main goal if bought back would be to offer players something more to do in peacetime, and hopefully improve player retention during the times between wars.

If bought back, I'd take a week or so to get familiar with the commands, controls and powers again, mostly just running test events and minigames in peacetime before moving on to the more lore-intensive events. I'll also be using more in the way of ARGs, custom voicelines and music (I'm a producer by trade and I can make some very dark sounding cinematic music) to keep things fresh as opposed to just a mass ping for an event announcement. I like to get people talking, and sometimes this involves placing things in game for people to interact with.

Completely understand if this is denied as I did somewhat tank my reputation on DRP. I've spoken to some NL and SL about this, and a blacklist wasn't issued, but it will have to be taken into consideration nevertheless.

(I would also like to add that I am not 'valk' Stefan, I'm the original Valk and Stefan has adopted my name, please don't get us confused!)

Best,

Valk

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
+support

valk is the reason why i got intrested with lore and all that so to him comming back a new era of lore will begin.

The return of the king is valk

Last edited:

Bubba

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
+support

Here comes the third Sun…

Michiel-MV

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 1, 2021
Belguim
APPEAL ACCEPTED

Hello @Valkon

We have decided to accept your appeal to return back into the MRP gamemaster team.
You will be brought back as an Gamemaster.

Please contact an Senior admin plus for your roles.

Regards
Michiel

Status
Not open for further replies.