Holding:
Ethics Committee Assistant
MTF Omega-1 LCPL

Held:
CI-B
Consultant

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: None

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:

I am applying to be an Ethics Committee Member.

After endless hours on Ethics Committee Assistant, I have decided that it is time for me to expand my possibilities and responsibilities within the Committee itself. I have reached my goals as an Assistant and truly believe that I am ready to take on the role of an Ethics Committee Member with no doubt. I have seen and experienced at first hand what being an Ethics Committee Member is like both in the better and the worse, and that does not startle me in any shape or form.

The reason I am applying for
Ethics Committee Member is because after being an Ethics Committee Assistant for an extended period of time, I have been able to identify points throughout the server where passive RP is lacking.
My aim as an
Ethics Committee Member is to benefit the server as a whole and have a wider impact and responsibility, this can take a couple of forms with some of them being the following;

- Creating RP scenarios for regiments and departments throughout the site and keeping the flow of the server and roleplay new and interesting for all clearence personnel.

- Overseeing and liaising with departments and having the ability to guide players in the right direction by offering input and advice wherever they ask, furthermore creating an atmosphere that allows players to develop and grow.

- Possibly expanding or optimizing responsibility to help change parts of the server which either doesn't get much attention from the player base or could be improved on to create a more enjoyable experience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:

After working for a long period of time in the Ethics Committee, I have learnt more about the site than I could of done in any other positions. In my position I have worked very close with the Ethics Committee Members and the Chairman, to the point where I was assigned as the Chairman's personal Assistant and Top Assistant.

Being a Top Assistant means I have the oversight over the other Assistants and being a helping hand for the Chairman to see if anyone is misbehaving during his hours off duty. I have taken this position very seriously since I don't want the Ethics Committee to have personnel that is giving the Committee a bad reputation.
Being the Chairman's personal Assistant has given me the confidence of being trusted and acknowledge of the work I have put in for the Committee where I have helped and held tribunals of clearance 3 and up to senior clearance 4 personnel.
After working as both Top and the Chairman’s assistant has made me realize that being an Ethics Committee Member is a responsibility I can take on with no doubt.

I also work very close with MTF Omega-1 in getting intel about other MTF groups and departments, locating individuals , kidnappings and assassinations and helping Omega-1 with generally building a good relationship and trust between the Ethics Committee and Omega-1.

After working as an Ethics Committee Assistant I have gotten to build relationships with a wide spectrum of people where I have been able to both work behind the scenes where I have put my recommendations to create better RP for departments and also in the moment where I have put input that has expanded the RP for the better, which is something I really enjoy doing.

Leadership is something I take seriously and when it is needed I go all in. During code blacks I take my life at risk to help other people out and make sure I can help as many people out from the danger as possible and make frequent announcements that the personnel of the site need to evacuate as soon as possible up to garage.
I always go up to garage to guarantee that people actually make it out rather than hiding on floor 3 with the other Committee and Omega-1. I also make sure that the right people, the clearance 4 personnel, are in the control room in garage and that the rest are on the east wall where DEA or/and Nu7 control and observe that the rest of the personnel are behaving.

Creating simple but yet fun RP for the lower clearance personnel is something I have been wanting to do ever since I was a consultant where I had multiple trainees approach me complaining on how the RP usually never involves the lower clearance level. This is something I would change with immediate effects to help everyone have a more enjoyable and exciting time on the server. I would also create RP for the higher clearance where I would focus on combining different departments and have them work togheter and build great relationships where they could keep expanding how they work together in the future and have better communication between each other.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
The responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP are the following:

- Overseeing and liaising with departments for feedback to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensuring that all personnel adhere to the set rules and guidelines of the Foundation Legal Codex
- Organizing and performing Audits on different departments.

- Approving the proposals of high profile tests such as SCP-008 or SCP-049 where an 049-2 instance is involved.
- Approving tests that are in need of more than 3 D-Class.
- Approving usage of biological content in SCP-914.

- Calling Code Black when the site has to be evacuated from an unmanageable breach
- Initiate the Alpha Warhead when ERT has failed to contain an out of control breach
- Authorising Mass termination of D-Class when dblock is uncontrollable and it is required.
- Keeping the Foundation Legal Codex up to date with the Committee and O5 Council.

- Taking on the role and responsibility as a Judge for tribunals.
- Utilizing Ethics Committee Assistants to carry out responsibilities and creating new and interesting RP on site.
- Offering advice and mentorship to Ethics Committee Assistants in regards to tribunals.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
IC Responsibilities:
Overseeing and handling different type of applications such as:

• Ethics Committee Assistant
  • Ethics Committee Member
  • Director of Internal Affairs
OOC Responsibilities:
- Giving Site Administration the
Ethics stand on the department in questions for the monthly review.
- Creating and discussing RP scenarios with different departments.
- Coordinating with
O5, SA and possibly other departments or parties that are involved resolving any issues that get brought up from an OOC standpoint.
Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Introducing:
Cece is a 24 year old girl who started her first 18 years of life in Sweden. She later moved to Canada where she was later introduced to Site 65 though a friend of hers. She has now been at Site 65 for almost 6 years and she is really enjoying. The reason she moved from Sweden to Canada was because of family issues that she wanted to escape from. In Ceces younger years she lost her dad to a medical condition that was unknown. This sudden death totally destroyed her family and life became really though. Her mother couldn't support the family on her own so Cece, at only 14 years of age, had to start working at every possible job that would let her despite her young age. She had to go through many sleepless night to be able to make a contribution for her family. After 4 years of continuously working her last breath off of her she decided to move to Canada at 18 years old to run away from the difficult situation in Sweden and have a fresh new start to life.
Introduction:
After Ceces move to Canada she started working at a hospital as a receptionist, which not much later turned into her getting an education in nursing from her bosses. They saw something in her which she couldn't see, but she trusted them and went through with it. This meant that Cece started working on another floor in the hospital and had to get to know new colleagues. This is where she first got to hear about Site 65.
Weeks and weeks went on with her secretly listening in on her colleagues about this place called Site 65. Apparently one of her colleagues brothers got deployed there after the Afghan war, and she has never seen or heard from him since then.
Cece went home that night and searched up Site 65 straight away on her computer where she found almost no information about this so called ''Site 65''.
This got her intrigued. A place that has a name but yet barely any information about.
Days went on and work got very busy so she completely forgot about ''Site 65''..

**Phone ringing**

Cece answers the phone call that strangely enough doesn't have a calling number on it.

C - ''Hello?''
?? - ''Is this Cece Kim?''
C - ''Yes?''
?? - ''We have seen that you have been searching information about Site 65''
C - ''Yes I have''
?? - ''We will be seeing you shortly''
C - ''Wait wha-''

**Phone hanging up**
Cece runs straight to her computer and deletes all of her search history about Site 65.. But it was too late.
** Knock Knock**

The door knocks and Cece freezes in shock. She quietly sneaks up to the door and looks through the peephole, but it is completely black, not a single light comes through. Just a second later she is currently laying on the ground with the door on top of her. They barged through the door within a second and no warnings beforehand.
All Cece hears now is multiple people screaming to lay still on the ground and put her arms up, which she cant since there is a door on top of her.
The door gets removed from her by someone and that is when she sees a group of what looks like to be military people of some sort around her.
Her heart drops and she complies with any type of order they are telling her to do. Shortly after she is handcuffed, blindfolded and gagged.
Hours has went past since she was kidnapped by the military personnel, but suddenly the car she was forced into urgently stops. All she can hear is bullets hitting their car and the military personnel screaming
''CI at foundation hill''. The car accelerates so fast that the wheels are just spinning on the spot, until it finally starts moving. She can hear some type of chain gates opening, which is a sound she remembers from the hospital she works at.
Little does she know it was not the hospital she worked at they were taking her.. It was Site 65.
Outcome:

At Site 65 she started working as a Sr Doctor in the medical department for a very long time. After months as a Sr Doctor she got the offer to become a Consultant which she happily accepted.
As a Consultant she helped many people, both within the medical department itself but also foundation personnel with curing them from illnesses, doing surgeries and a ton of psych evals everyday. After a while as a Consultant she saw an opportunity to apply for something else, since she started to realize that medical just became more of a burden for her than something she was enjoying doing. This is where she saw the Ethics Committee Assistant application on the website. Without even hesitating she applied for it, and just her luck, she got accepted. Now she has worked as an Ethics Committee Assistant for a long period of time and is enjoying every bit of it. But she knows that she can take on more and that is just was she is going to do!.

cityismy

May 10, 2023
+Support
I was not expecting to look at the forums and see this at the very moment
Very good RP, very nice person, good luck.

Reactions: Cece

Kayla

SCP-RP Staff
Oct 20, 2023
huge +support
good RP, knows her stuff.
love my girl <3

• Love

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
I usually wouldnt +Support a CL5 app if the op doesn't have Senior CL4 experience but the RP you produce is good and I believe you can handle it. If this is denied I suggest going for SA first.

You should expand on your lore but everything else is super detailed.

+Support

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
+ Support
Respected and Active player within the community. Anyone that plays the server knows who you are.
You are a Good RP Leader and you aren't scared to voice your opinion.
You seem a very good fit to any role within the foundation provided you get the knowledge to do its duties.

Wish you good luck. (Try not to nuke challenge)

Last edited:
  • Haha

Revolutionary

SCP-RP Staff
Aug 25, 2023
+Support
-Already proved herself with the RP she did as an ECA, Suitable for the position

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
+Support

Oorah did the same as I did when I started playing, I generally would put down like uh no snr cl4, however you have shown that you can produce quality RP and you basicly eat breathe and sleep as an ECA, so you deserve this role. If you dont get it, I would recommend SA or grinding for CO.

• Love

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support leaning towards +/- Neutral
-everything mentioned above, good person with good RP, made me a millionaire on CI.
-Although no Sr CL4 experience is always meh for me, you definitely have the ethics experience, but it’s always good to have held a SA role to get used to what to expect of a Sr Role.

Status
Not open for further replies.