Denied ECM / Communications Jammer

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

0x48756773

Dec 4, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
My suggestion is to add an ECM / Communication jammer to certain classes (CI/GOC/Foundation). This jammer could be used to block all communications in either a certain direction (within a set amount of degrees in front of the character) or around the player using the jammer within a certain radius.

The Jammer would only function while it's pulled out, which removes the player using the jammer from normal combat.

While in use, any player within the targeted range of the jammer will be informed that their communications are being jammed. This will warn the player that something is coming that may threaten their safety, and may allow them to get out of the way and attempt to warn other members of their faction. During use, this will also blank out any body cameras of the targeted individuals.

This can be used when conducting operations and may allow for callouts such as intruder alerts to be postponed, allowing for opposing factions to get deeper into a raid without being alerted.

In order to prevent being abused, I would also suggest a time limit in actually enabling the ECM (hold out for 20-30 seconds before it can be activated), and have a timeframe that it can be used (1 minute?) and then a cool-down period before it recharges.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[Not to my knowledge]

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
This can be used when conducting operations and may allow for callouts such as intruder alerts to be postponed, allowing for opposing factions to get deeper into a raid without being alerted.

Allows for easier kidnapping of personnel without triggering Panic / Kidnap alerts.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Could be overpowered, allowing for raids to go further without anyone being warned.

This could result in an uptick in kidnappings.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think that this could be a realistic addition to the server. Communication jammers are a real thing being used. Once upon a time, we used to see cell phone jammers in use in some theaters.

Militaries often use communication jammers to interfere with communications while they are conducting operations and have land and air-based assets whose only job is jamming.

As for the CI, you can now purchase commercial off-the-shelf jamming equipment due to the decrease in price of tools such as Software Defined Radios.

Jack Kincaid

Mar 14, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi 0x,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because this would take too much dev work for a minor change that can be RP'd out.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

• Angry
Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.