Partially Accepted Nerf Keypad Scanner breaking

Content that has been partially accepted
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Reduces the chances of keypads failing to work when keypad scanners are offline (whether via blackout or chemicals). Currently I believe the chance of failure is 50%. This chance should be reduced to 20% for failure (possibly lower).

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Dunno, dont think so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+Keypad failures become a bit more fun

+Reduced player frustration

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Slight SCP nerf

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall, keypads breaking is not fun for anybody in the server except for certain SCPs (excluding SCPs like 035, 079, or even 049 in some cases who rely on keypads and suffer during this aswell) with the high rate of failure. Players will often experience moments where they need to do 10 - 20 attempts, spending 2 - 3 minutes, opening a single door. This becomes even worse when SCPs can decide to half-break doors, which severely increases the needed attempts and time spent to open a single door. Neither of these situations are fun, but happen extremely often. It is not fun for gameplay to be trapped in your bunks or in a hallway/room especially when you're not even in danger. It makes the gameplay much slower and more tedious, and frustrates many players in the community. Inputting codes into keypads also becomes impossible to do during keypad failures, it becomes even worse with such a high failure rate.

Reducing the rate of failure to around 20% or lower seems much more reasonable. It allows SCPs who rely on breaking doors to still catch up to players much easier when keypads fail, and still hinders human players. However it becomes much less frustrating and keeps gameplay moving.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+Support
Keycards failing gets my blood pressure up

Reactions: Harold Hawks

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
what do you mean? i love being trapped inside bunks for 5 minutes because the keycard scanner wont work!

+Support

Reactions: Ace 63

Geronimo

Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
+ Support
It really fucks with the gameplay loop when you respawn and have to open a load of doors just to get out of your spawn area. I think Security Sector personnel have it the worst, as well as A1.

Boris Johnson

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
May 24, 2023
+Support

it shouldn't take 10 attempts to open the door, it's just too much.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
I'd honestly rather they rework how it works than just make it less likely to fault. Maybe let people in who shouldn't be able to get into places, or something like that?

Cob Deen

May 24, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Reduces the chances of keypads failing to work when keypad scanners are offline (whether via blackout or chemicals). Currently I believe the chance of failure is 50%. This chance should be reduced to 20% for failure (possibly lower).

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Dunno, dont think so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+Keypad failures become a bit more fun

+Reduced player frustration

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Slight SCP nerf

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall, keypads breaking is not fun for anybody in the server except for certain SCPs (excluding SCPs like 035, 079, or even 049 in some cases who rely on keypads and suffer during this aswell) with the high rate of failure. Players will often experience moments where they need to do 10 - 20 attempts, spending 2 - 3 minutes, opening a single door. This becomes even worse when SCPs can decide to half-break doors, which severely increases the needed attempts and time spent to open a single door. Neither of these situations are fun, but happen extremely often. It is not fun for gameplay to be trapped in your bunks or in a hallway/room especially when you're not even in danger. It makes the gameplay much slower and more tedious, and frustrates many players in the community. Inputting codes into keypads also becomes impossible to do during keypad failures, it becomes even worse with such a high failure rate.

Reducing the rate of failure to around 20% or lower seems much more reasonable. It allows SCPs who rely on breaking doors to still catch up to players much easier when keypads fail, and still hinders human players. However it becomes much less frustrating and keeps gameplay moving.
+Support
Even tho i like to gamble, this keypad breaking shit makes my blood boil, once i counted a 26 fails streak

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+ Support
It really fucks with the gameplay loop when you respawn and have to open a load of doors just to get out of your spawn area. I think Security Sector personnel have it the worst, as well as A1.
the 7 level 0 doors stopping me leave:

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Deferred

Hi @FrostByte,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

This suggestion was not able to be discussed at today's meeting due to time constraints/suggestion load.

Your suggestion will be left up for the community to continue to provide feedback, and we will discuss it at the next meeting.​

Status
Not open for further replies.