Change CL4 restriction from chemical storage freezer in the chemical laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2024
What does this suggestion change?:
Change the chemical storage freezer restriction from CL4 (executive researcher) to cl2 again. i have attached a screenshot of the particular chemical storage freezer.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not at this time.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
The chemical storage freezer was used to store large beakers, beakers, centrifuge vials and chemical flasks for times when no pharmacist or similar was online to drop chemical equipment for chemical processing. No chemicals were stored in there to my knowledge, so no chemicals can be stolen.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
I have never seen any expensive chemical in there so it might only have positives to remove the restrictions from that particular biometric Cl2 chemical storage freezer in the science laboratory. Non-VIP/CL4 users are able to store chemical processing eqipment again.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The biometric CL2 chemical storage freezer in the back of the science laboratory was only used to store chemical processing equipment. So non-VIP/CL4 users can store their chemical processing equipment again.

Attachments

• 20240314171338_1.jpg
    20240314171338_1.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 17

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
Those fridges are CL4 now? The fuck? All they were used for was storing beakers and stuff for others to use.

+Support. At least one of them should be CL2, otherwise chemist makes no sense and it just makes it harder to be helpful.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
...did you open a bug report ticket on this? this feels like a funny keycard scanner oversight thingy

Feb 1, 2024
...did you open a bug report ticket on this? this feels like a funny keycard scanner oversight thingy
I have opened a bug ticket for that, they said the fridges are restricted to executive researchers and that i should try it here. I think someone has stolen too much chemicals. :coffee:

Joris "Brexit" Bohnson

Sep 10, 2023
-Support

They used to be cl2 on the US Server. Which was updated to Coded Cl3 so only members of the CRB could use it. And Imma be honest, no worthwhile chemicals were actually stored in there. Only thing there was 1 or 2 beakers which never got put back. I don't know if the UK server is like that too but if it is, then there is no real benefit to having them be cl2

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
-Support

They used to be cl2 on the US Server. Which was updated to Coded Cl3 so only members of the CRB could use it. And Imma be honest, no worthwhile chemicals were actually stored in there. Only thing there was 1 or 2 beakers which never got put back. I don't know if the UK server is like that too but if it is, then there is no real benefit to having them be cl2
if you guys never used it but the UK did then whats the problem

Feb 1, 2024
-Support

Thats the whole point. There were no chemicals stored in there, so why should it be restricted. Even the door is CL2 biometric, so why should the only reason the room is there a Cl4 thing.

Arron 'Spectre' Shepard

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
May 8, 2022
Hi @Vladimir Opiscosvic ,

After further discussion with other staff members it has been revealed that the change in access for these fridges (Behind the Bio CL2 door) was not intended. We have reverted this change so you should be able to access these fridges once again. Apologies for the confusion and inconvenience caused by this.

Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention. This thread will now be locked and moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.