Denied Add a new ability to TB/TG

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John "Kratos" Freeman

Oct 10, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
The suggestion would add a new ability to TB/TG's called persuasion. This ability would make the person effected by the ability have to listen to the orders of the TB/TG using it. Persuasion would cost 35 energy to use and would last for 15 seconds. Persuasion would only be able to effect one person at a time. The cooldown would be 40 seconds. This would be kind of like the jedi mind tricks that you would see in a star wars movie. The ability would not work mid fight and could only be used outside of PVP. (edit: After thinking it over, persuasion would not work with complex orders and other things for balancing. Things such as infobreach everything you know, go into 035, open 008 and other things such as that. Higher CL you have the more resistance you would have to persuasion. Such as CL1 and CL2 would be able to follow, kill a person, open doors and to get them self's killed. CL3 would only be able to answer yes or no questions, open doors and follow you. Junior CL4 would only be able to open the doors of a room that you are in and give answers to a yes or no question but would be allowed to call out in comms whats happening. Senior CL4 would only be able to open doors of the room your in and would be allowed to call out in comms whats happening. CL5 cant not be persuaded.)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I dont think there has been any suggestions of this.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
New RP scenarios could happen from this (TB/TG could make people open doors for them or help them hide.)
Makes TB/TG have more RP options instead of only PVP/killing.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Dev time
Could be annoying to fight against.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think this would be interesting addition to TB/TG and would add new RP to the server. This would overall make TB/TG less of a killing machine and make new scenarios with them. Research would be able to do more different types of experiments with this.

Last edited:

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Major Support
i like it conceptually, but this feels like it would be awful to fully implement. i suppose it would have to be locked off the moment you kill someone as a TG, but then that ignores RP situations where it would be reasonable

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
I like the idea of having a new ability but I kinda wish each Reality Bender had one unique ability of their own.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
Considering how not even this has been implemented yet (This was accepted 339 days ago), i feel like this would just never get implemented until 20000 years later

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
+
out of combat only seems cooler, like a trance as opposed to mind control

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
-support
Sounds easily abusable, I already imagine something similar to TG teleporting people into 035 cells on repeat for infinite breach tool.

John "Kratos" Freeman

Oct 10, 2022
-support
Sounds easily abusable, I already imagine something similar to TG teleporting people into 035 cells on repeat for infinite breach tool.
By the time that TG would be doing this TG would be most likely called out. Him being called out would be very hard for him to get 035 since E11 and other MTFs would be in groups.

Pupper

Jun 6, 2023
-Support
tg already OP + some people would just not follow it & cause staff issues, also like someone else said TGs could use this to order people into 035 which would cause more mass breaches and those really suck

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
-support
I just cant imagine this would be too fun with TB, it wouldnt be enjoyable leaving F3, running into CI in EZ then just getting persuaded to be captured, not a whole lot you can do to outplay that!

Reactions: Gizzmo

Painter

Jun 18, 2023
[REDACTED]
-support

how you want staff to think this would be used

- Tell others there is no CI in a room
- LARP getting people to leave you alone

how it would be used

- Walking into 035 good sir I think this breach needs to be extended another hour
- Open all 008 doors and inject yourself thx
- Walk O5 into SLAMS
- Kidnap people more (don't eat your cyanide oooOOooo) and not RP intero just do negotiation RP where you try to milk as much money as possible from Foundation players who don't want to give you money.

TGs already OP man, don't need new ability. :(

Reactions: Gizzmo
Status
Not open for further replies.