Denied Add a new ability to TB/TG

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John "Kratos" Freeman

Oct 10, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
The suggestion would add a new ability to TB/TG's called persuasion. This ability would make the person effected by the ability have to listen to the orders of the TB/TG using it. Persuasion would cost 35 energy to use and would last for 15 seconds. Persuasion would only be able to effect one person at a time. The cooldown would be 40 seconds. This would be kind of like the jedi mind tricks that you would see in a star wars movie. The ability would not work mid fight and could only be used outside of PVP. (edit: After thinking it over, persuasion would not work with complex orders and other things for balancing. Things such as infobreach everything you know, go into 035, open 008 and other things such as that. Higher CL you have the more resistance you would have to persuasion. Such as CL1 and CL2 would be able to follow, kill a person, open doors and to get them self's killed. CL3 would only be able to answer yes or no questions, open doors and follow you. Junior CL4 would only be able to open the doors of a room that you are in and give answers to a yes or no question but would be allowed to call out in comms whats happening. Senior CL4 would only be able to open doors of the room your in and would be allowed to call out in comms whats happening. CL5 cant not be persuaded.)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I dont think there has been any suggestions of this.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
New RP scenarios could happen from this (TB/TG could make people open doors for them or help them hide.)
Makes TB/TG have more RP options instead of only PVP/killing.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Dev time
Could be annoying to fight against.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think this would be interesting addition to TB/TG and would add new RP to the server. This would overall make TB/TG less of a killing machine and make new scenarios with them. Research would be able to do more different types of experiments with this.

Last edited:

Kree

May 17, 2023
+/- Support
It would have to be extremely obvious you are under this effect and it kind of gives TG the ability to do pretty much anything he wants.
I can honestly imagine scenarios of TG rushing to floor 3 and just telling O5 to set off the nuke
+Adds more to RP and player interaction
-Would likely get abused

Reactions: Landon

John "Kratos" Freeman

Oct 10, 2022
+/- Support
It would have to be extremely obvious you are under this effect and it kind of gives TG the ability to do pretty much anything he wants.
I can honestly imagine scenarios of TG rushing to floor 3 and just telling O5 to set off the nuke
+Adds more to RP and player interaction
-Would likely get abused
-support
"Infobreach everything you know in open comms"
-Support
Me after CI tb orders me to open 008 cc
-support

how you want staff to think this would be used

- Tell others there is no CI in a room
- LARP getting people to leave you alone

how it would be used

- Walking into 035 good sir I think this breach needs to be extended another hour
- Open all 008 doors and inject yourself thx
- Walk O5 into SLAMS
- Kidnap people more (don't eat your cyanide oooOOooo) and not RP intero just do negotiation RP where you try to milk as much money as possible from Foundation players who don't want to give you money.

TGs already OP man, don't need new ability. :(
-support
I just cant imagine this would be too fun with TB, it wouldnt be enjoyable leaving F3, running into CI in EZ then just getting persuaded to be captured, not a whole lot you can do to outplay that!
-Support
tg already OP + some people would just not follow it & cause staff issues, also like someone else said TGs could use this to order people into 035 which would cause more mass breaches and those really suck
-support
Sounds easily abusable, I already imagine something similar to TG teleporting people into 035 cells on repeat for infinite breach tool.
After reading all of your reply's, I have edited my suggestion to fix the concerns that you all have.

Reactions: Landon

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
After reading all of your reply's, I have edited my suggestion to fix the concerns that you all have.
When something needs so many caveats and rules to function in a semi-healthy way, the concept its self is the problem. It feels as though this new ability requires its own section in staff rulings just to address all the potential abusable aspects, which means the issues it will bring outweigh the RP benefits it could have. Only way I see this implementation being somewhat manageable would be giving the ability to the helpers, allowing them to temporarily disarm combative personnel and usher them away from innocent non-combatants.

Reactions: Alpa

Landon

Nov 30, 2022
+major support
I feel like anybody no matter their card should be affected by this but it should only affect people with simple commands like leave me alone, forget what you saw here, or others also there should be a kind of hue around the persons screen like when you use inversion so they know when they Are being affected by it

"Arachnid"

Dec 5, 2022
Reality benders are already the most overpowered thing on the server, We don't look at snipers and go "Yeah we should make them fully automatic"
Why would we want a buff to something that will drastically increase CI kidnaps (Something that is already a hourly occurrence on the US site) which directly effects foundation players ability to have fun on the server.

Shark

Jun 4, 2023
Reality benders are exceptionally powerful, they do not need any sort of buff especially on this scale in the current server ecosystem. If I trusted every single TB/TG not to immediately abuse this or find loopholes, then sure. For now

-SUPPORT

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @John "Kratos" Freeman ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This can be done through /me during controlled RP and this would be abused or too powerful during combat

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.