Denied Let E-11 Officer/Commander job credit D-class

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Duper Carpe Time

Nov 16, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
what it says on the tin, E-11 Officer and commander job would be able to give credit to D-class

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I looked for precisely 3 seconds and couldnt find anything

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
E-11 fairly frequently use D-class without a researcher present for stuff like 106 recontainment and SCP chamber maintenance so if we wanna credit them for that we have to hunt down a researcher which is like, a whole thing
More incentive/reward for D-class cooperating with researcherless RP
doesnt really cut into the amount of researcherful rp cuz E-11 still wont be like, running tests or whatever
its probably pretty easy

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
honestly idk, im accepting contributions from the crowd for this part
a bunch of people can already credit D-class (Thanks Harold <3)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It would be pretty cool
better for D-class
I can use my !credit bind more often

P.s. idk if I copy paste the format correctly so if the code stuff doesnt work for formatting. i dont care

Last edited:
Reactions: Langstädtler

Harold Hawks

Staff of the week!
Staff of the Week
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
-Support

Not needed. Researchers, assistants, SA, SC, can all shoot this guy a credit before he goes anywhere. If a D-Class wants credit for being used for 106, he can make a sit and they will absolutely credit him. Even then, should use one of the many available personnel on site to credit him to begin with before taking him away.

Prplex

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+Support qol change

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
-Support

Not needed. Researchers, assistants, SA, SC, can all shoot this guy a credit before he goes anywhere. If a D-Class wants credit for being used for 106, he can make a sit and they will absolutely credit him. Even then, should use one of the many available personnel on site to credit him to begin with before taking him away.

I don't think staff should be taking tickets to credit people especially since it's not very important. I've been in plenty of situations where E-11 would witch hunt someone to get me credit and wouldn't be able to find anyone. Let them have this.

+Support

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
to be fair you suggested almost half the jobs on the server and this one is only suggesting E-11 Officers.
if you check, you'll see in that suggestion i said
consider as many of the following jobs as possible
it was deliberately left flexible so that it could be as few as one, up to the whole list. this was inclusive - i never intended for the full list to be accepted in its entirety. this also says nothing about the denial reason, which still applies here.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support
Minor QoL improvement for situations like 106 recontainment (not enough time to get someone else to credit for it), work program stuff in HCZ (nobody comes into HCZ upon being called there, ever, so getting somebody down to credit them just isn't going to happen).

I honestly think Content Team is way too strict on who can credit who - there's just no need to be that strict and all it does is prevent people from incentivizing good RP. Another example is E&TS staff - nobody except SA can credit them, so they never get credited, and they get way less XP than any other job and have no incentive to e.g. respond to someone calling for them, or engage in RP.

Reactions: Niox

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
if you check, you'll see in that suggestion i said

it was deliberately left flexible so that it could be as few as one, up to the whole list. this was inclusive - i never intended for the full list to be accepted in its entirety. this also says nothing about the denial reason, which still applies here.
I dunno after my suggestion for preventing more Metagame I don't think they read the entirety of the suggestions.

Reactions: Zen

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Super Duper Carpe Time ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

E-11 COs and Commanders do not need the ability to credit D-class because it is not central to their gameplay loop. Other incentives may be given to the D-class to participate in RP or a researcher can credit them.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.