Denied Accessibility to COM for SCP-079

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Feb 16, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
The ability to monitor the general COM for SCP-079 when it is breaching.
For example, SCP-079 is able to see the messages that appear in the GSD COM “C5 guys, it is time now” and CL3 COM “What’s going on?” as soon as its breach is active. However, only OOC and local chat are available for it when its breach is inactive.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
As far as I searched, no.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. More organized and planned for SCPs
  2. More positive cooperation and communication between the SCPs, which is helping the SCPs growing.
  3. Let SCP-079 has new roles of commanding and also the reconnaissance , and more supportive for SCPs during the breach instead only hacking the devices.
  4. Add a new RP situation when the COM goes dark.
  5. Let SCP-079 more fit its lore.
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  1. The foundation may have less communication with each other to avoid informing 079 that can give its advantages, which may decrease the RP elements
  2. Increase the time of code 5, which may not friendly to researchRP
  3. Opportunity cost for developing
Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
SCP-079 is a very unique character in SCPs. It cannot interact with the surroundings and can't kill personnel directly. As SCP-079, the only goal is to help other SCPs get out. However, it's very limited in what SCP-079 can do, as it can only use its eyes to sweep the areas to gather intelligence, as well as hacking devices. If only SCP-079 could get information more efficiently, it could have the role of commanding SCPs and giving SCPs a clear view of what they can do and what they should do now, which may be very helpful to SCP breaching and RP. If the SCP-079 has no advantage in taking on the role of commanding, perhaps the SCPs will only kill individuals without goals and become a seamless killing machine, then be RC in 8 minutes.

In addition, as foundation personnel, you will feel more challenged when you attempt to share intelligence with someone else, as SCP-079 will use this intelligence to its advantage. This adds a new play method when the COM goes dark, improving RP when the foundation leaders try to solve the situation as they have to work together and plan harder to deal with breaches without COM.

For more , the COM accessibility is only available during the SCP-079 breach can prevent meta gaming and info breach.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support
Yeah, this'd be really cool. I'd actually like to "passive" breach as 079 and basically fuck with people, but I don't get the opportunity. This could help me do that.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support
-079 RP is amazing. Loved when I used to do it, so it would be nice to have an actual way to do it

KalebStar

Aug 10, 2023
+Support
This allows 079 passive breaches to happen so I can only give my support on top of everything else it adds.

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
-support
Breaches are already awful, turning communication intended to properly halt breaches into an asset for SCPs to utilize is a terrible idea.

KalebStar

Aug 10, 2023
Ok from the looks of it the US people be complaining so maybe they could add it as a trial feature on UK and see how it goes.

Lightsoulist

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 23, 2022
Neither is the US lol

As well as this, no offense, RP on site usually revolves around standing around for hours on end talking to people with researchers just spending 20 minutes to do a simple test only to stand around for 2 hours writing it out to get a thumbs up and a cliff bar as a reward.
It’s not gratifying at all and breachs, while granted dying 30 times in 10 minutes gets infuriating eventually, serve to break up the monotony overall which I like ?
+support

KingOfCommon

Oct 21, 2023
Ok from the looks of it the US people be complaining so maybe they could add it as a trial feature on UK and see how it goes.
Both servers get the same content at the same time, there isnt the ability to have only 1 server with content and one server without

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
+/-

Concept is good but I don't want to see breaches lasting hours continue to last hours on end

Joris "Brexit" Bohnson

Sep 10, 2023
I can understand for maybe Cl0-3 Comms, but beyond that it could be reasonably believed to be secured enough to not be readable by 079
And Def not Cl5 comms

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
I can understand for maybe Cl0-3 Comms, but beyond that it could be reasonably believed to be secured enough to not be readable by 079
And Def not Cl5 comms
CL5 aren’t the most used comms tbh
At least 079 isn’t being given ISD Comms

Status
Not open for further replies.