Denied Allow for Cabinets to be opened with KeyCards

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura

Game Master
Game Master
Aug 12, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove?

This suggestion would make it so that Cabinets can be opened with the Keycard for it (EX: CL3 for a CL3 cabinet, CL5 for CL5 Cabinet and so on)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?

99% sure not

Possible Positives of the suggestion

1-Makes it so GOI's can steal information from each other
2-Instead of kidnapping being the only good mean of gathering Information, They can steal it using Cards and DC's

Possible Negatives of the suggestion

1-Minges might abuse it and steal docs
2-Makes it harder for GOI's so secure documents

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted

This would help GOI's steal documents without having to kidnap or going through several loops just to gather Information

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
I would love this so much, but at low pop at least 1 person will go out and try to steal some documents.

If theres a requirement of people on (Such as at least 100 people need to be on the server) then be my guest, thats a good idea. But i dont know if thats possible or not.
+/-Neutral

Reactions: Wolff

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
-/+ Neutral
this would need a population requirement, which in itself would be unfair to both CI & GOC, as most reasonable requirement counts would be able to be met by Foundation alone as the largest faction, meaning that at most low pop times with a lot of F and very few (or even no) CI/GOC, F could very easily take docs from CI/GOC without resistance

Reactions: Niox

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
Do you think a pop req would be possible with specific jobs?

E.G. At least 10 CI needs to be on to take documents, etc etc
i imagine it's possible to implement, but then it's a question of implementing it being worth the trouble - although that does open up specific job pop reqs to be used for other things;

for example, you could then use it to set up a visual feature for GOC/CI that just feeds a combined count of all MTF/DEA CL4 that are on, so that they can check it quicker and easier for raiding, rather than having to scroll through tab menu

although i would also like to note that these are both very combative things and may encourage more combative gameplay, at a time where to my knowledge, encouraging RP interaction is more desired - on that note, this could also potentially be used in RP-conducive ways: for example, to determine if there's enough of the appropriate people on for a GOI to run an SCP test - or to authorise a passive SCP breach (although this one is extremely shaky as the difference between servers regarding IC authorisation for passive SCP breaches is basically night and day)

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
i imagine it's possible to implement, but then it's a question of implementing it being worth the trouble
prob wouldnt be worth the trouble imo

for example, you could then use it to set up a visual feature for GOC/CI that just feeds a combined count of all MTF/DEA CL4 that are on, so that they can check it quicker and easier for raiding, rather than having to scroll through tab menu
yknow, just in case math is too hard

Reactions: Emilia Foddg

KingOfCommon

Oct 21, 2023
-support
Minges would just steal all the documents and it would completely kill what is left of the in game document system used for rp

Charles "Ze" Whittme

Apr 4, 2023
God no.

Minges would shred everything.
I like my Archive room and don't fancy losing it all one night when a random person abuses 914 at 4am.

elad

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 27, 2022
- support.

I don't want a class d coming up to floor 3 at 4am and stealing my femboy docs.

• Wow
Reactions: Prplex

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
-support
You will be offline raided. Your Documents will be destroyed. Evil.

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
-support

I ain't camping a cabinet at 4am because CI wanna NHU in at 6 in the morning cause they ain't got jobs

Aura

Game Master
Game Master
Aug 12, 2023
but then it's a question of implementing it being worth the trouble
As GOC/Foundation have no good way of gaining info on each other (US GOC and FOundation don't kidnap each other) and how almost is on SCIPNET or Boards

Aura

Game Master
Game Master
Aug 12, 2023
Or you can make it like 008 as in 10 DEA or 6 NU-7 have to be on to do it and you would need a Staff Member for it

Status
Not open for further replies.