Accepted New Epsilon-11 Models

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
- What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This change adds new Epsilon-11 models to replace our current models. The workshop link for the models will be below. Photos of the models will be attached to this post.

Alll bodygroups disabled:
1709159465550.png

All bodygroups enabled:
1709159470913.png

1709064873575.png

- Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Yes. This was previously suggested many months ago, though was denied due to the models being orange and too bulky. This suggestion changes the bio color to blue, and showcases that there are blue versions of each model. It also showcases the customizable bodygroups to make them much less bulky than they can be.

- Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Refreshing look to E-11

+ Improved visuals throughout the server

+ Custom models made specifically for CN (at the time)

+ Easier to distinguish jobs

- Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- File size increase (Though is around the same size as the Nu7 models)

- Opinions

- Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall I think the models could use a change. We've been with our current models for a long time without changing anything about them. Almost every other department has received updated or entirely new models, including every other MTF. The current models that E-11 have are very old and outdated, and while they may have been touched up just two years ago or so, theyve existed for much longer and have texture issues and undesirable visual traits. These models we use are also used on other communities.

These new models were commissioned specifically for CN. They have higher resolution textures, minimal bugs, and fit the aesthetic of E-11 and the server very well. The file size is an increase of our current models, though I believe the visual quality and custom nature of these models, along with every other department having similar file sizes, would be a fair trade off. The old E-11 models, including bio, can be removed.

Note: These models are very customizable. I can change their colors/textures, and can work to reduce file size if really necessary. The content team just has to contact me and we can work it out. These models were agreed upon with both server CO teams and some SL members.

Attachments

• 1709159323616.png
    1709159323616.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 1709159343613.png
    1709159343613.png
    264.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Witch

Sep 22, 2023
-Support tbh
Can afford to get E-11 brand new models yet 90% of jobs can't get female player models, 1984
Never forget being denied the option to use a female model that literally exists in the files

• Sad
Reactions: Zen

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
-Support tbh
Can afford to get E-11 brand new models yet 90% of jobs can't get female player models, 1984
This was commissioned by a previous US E-11 COM. CN had no involvement in the creation of these models.

Kree

May 17, 2023
Might as well leave some feedback while this is in review
+Support
+Models look very cool imo
+E-11 finally get updated models
-There are some issues (shiny textures) but I believe this can be fixed

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
-There are some issues (shiny textures) but I believe this can be fixed
yeah i believe this was fixed, if you check some of the more recent posts from frostbyte, they show with the correct textures

there's apparently some ongoing issues behind the scenes that is making implementing this actually pretty prickly

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
yeah i believe this was fixed, if you check some of the more recent posts from frostbyte, they show with the correct textures

there's apparently some ongoing issues behind the scenes that is making implementing this actually pretty prickly
From the sound of it, it might be an issue with the shields addon rather than the models, it's just something about the models consistently triggers issues with it.

Kree

May 17, 2023
I can't believe this was denied and we never got these new models, so sad

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Approved

Hi @FrostByte,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Gizzmo and 'Blue'
Status
Not open for further replies.