Denied Limited Ground Vehicle Ammo

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graves

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 2, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Giving tanks limited ammo

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No idea

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Gives a more balance to tanks so they can't just be spammed until they decide to explode
Gives more realism to the game as tanks are not supposed to have unlimited ammunition like its gta or something

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Couldn't think of any except from copium

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I feel like this should be accepted as it would bring more realism and balance to the game as its unfair in a way where tanks can shoot all they want without any consequences except from a small cooldown along with turreted vehicles whilst infantry get only 2-3 rockets to shoot at it which barely scratches them unless you got an army of them. If heli's have limited ammo, why cant ground vehicles?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Bobby1

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 8, 2021
Changing my verdict to a -support

I forgot how terrible tanks are at the moment, another nerf would make them close to useless at this moment of time they need a buff

Last edited:

parker

Sep 24, 2022
Heavy -support, I believe this is one of the worst suggestions I’ve seen on mrp, your making a suggestion to debuff a tank regiment that gets bombed by helis 24/7, I’m in a heli regiment and I think it’s op against them.
Helis has limited ammo as it’s completely unfair if they have infinite, if I had infinite ammo with no cool-down what so ever, I would hold left click dogfighting helis hold left click while shooting points, fobs will go from 200k to 0 in about 5 seconds.

Graves

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 2, 2021
Heavy -support, I believe this is one of the worst suggestions I’ve seen on mrp, your making a suggestion to debuff a tank regiment that gets bombed by helis 24/7, I’m in a heli regiment and I think it’s op against them.
Helis has limited ammo as it’s completely unfair if they have infinite, if I had infinite ammo with no cool-down what so ever, I would hold left click dogfighting helis hold left click while shooting points, fobs will go from 200k to 0 in about 5 seconds.
Isn't that the whole point of helis job? Have missiles capable of destroying tanks and support ground? Most definitely not the worst so I don't know where you got that from. I mean hey the game lists rp, didnt think we be playing laser tag

Vladislav

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Aug 5, 2021
Youre mothers bedroom
Isn't that the whole point of helis job? Have missiles capable of destroying tanks and support ground? Most definitely not the worst so I don't know where you got that from. I mean hey the game lists rp, didnt think we be playing laser tag
Uh huh and thats why we should make game unbearable for tank regiments? Because we are not playing laser tag?? Last time i checked this is a garrys mod server, where its just not possible to balance things like this. Go play like arma or something if tanks give you skill issue to a degree where you come to make a suggestion about it.

Like has it even crossed your mind that that tanks infact dont do enough dmg against like anything other than people to just limit the ammo like that? Or the fact that you can't "bring realism" by blatantly suggesting nerfing tanks. In "realistic" scenario something like an m1a2 would carry around 50 rounds that have nearly 700mm of armour penetration (base AP round, not to mention the HE rounds and others). One of these would be enough take down whatever is shot, whether its a tank a wall or anything else and guess what with current simfphys addon it doesn't do that much damage (shocker) and would be op.

Not to mention that its hard as it is for tank regiments, explosion from the main cannon is not big enough to kill anyone unless directly hit and shooting fob walls is pointless unless you have like 10 minutes on your hands or something it doesn't do nearly enough dmg. Because this suggestion brings a nerf only to tanks and no change to counters, tanks would be used only in tank to tank combat (because going against infantry would become high risk low reward task considering the restock timers on some tanks can go up to 4h), which defeats the whole ground support point .

Oh and you couldn't find a negative in a suggestion other than copium could you

This is a joke and you shouldn't be allowed to make suggestions imo

Heavy -support

• Haha
Reactions: Graves

MAXTAWAN

Jun 4, 2022
-support
How is this gonna balance it more? Won't it just make it so that tanks have to rtb every five minutes causing to be even more vulnerable. Tanks already get bombed by helis, shot by at4's, shot by other tanks and get 1 shot by a kwk. I just think this would unbalancs tanks as they seem pretty useless with limited ammo.

NotTuga

Mar 19, 2023
UK
www.tiktok.com
London, helis have 200 ammo of CAS and 24 missiles but realisticaly they would have less then 200 ammo of CAS and they would have 16 missiles helis are good the way they are and so are the tanks, even tho its a decent suggestion it will never work in a Gmod server, tanks will have to either die or RTB which would make tank regiment a hell hole for them to gain people interested to get pounded by CAS and it would put them at a disadvantage if this was to be accepted then i would say buff the Tank health by double other wise its a big -Support

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
-Support

At that point just remove tanks, we are currently already weak, we have to be really picky on when we bring out tanks as 75% of our deaths are via CAS, so having to also think about how we use our tank rounds, which we only use really on FOB structures or other vehicles, would just make it unbearable.

CORE.

Oct 5, 2022
Everywhere
-Support

-1stAL/17th would be in a bigger disadvantage

-Imagine this during Tank/IFV battle if they run out ammo mid fight they would immediately lose by the Enemy Tank/IFV

Nirvan

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 30, 2021
-Support
Anyone who +supports this needs to be forced to play a tank regiment for a week to see why its so dumb.

Reactions: Kvalax

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
-Support

Might seem crazy but have you considered countering the tank. I know this might be difficult but you could hide behind a tree, or in a building. Or behind a rock. Then you are completely safe until an AT team rocks up to harass it or air regiments fire one volley of missiles and it dies instantly. Tank ammo really isn't an issue.

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Graves ,
Your suggestion has been denied.
The community has shown that they dont want it and a we will not add it for that reason.
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.