Civilian name: "Bigger Dave"

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
SCP-RP Uk

Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Exec, MTF-E11, MTF-NU-7, SCP-096

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I have had a few warns over the years for FearRP, FailRP and mixing

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
I have been in the RSD now since the beginning and I love doing research and it has been my dream to be the DoR for the longest time as I have seen the work of all the past DoR's and they all have inspired me to keep going though all the hard times i have faced and i want a chance at being DoR so i can do the same for all my colleagues and friends. And to provide the best RP experience i can as the DoR. I also wish to become DoR as im very active and i believe that if i get the position i will be able to help Kevin with his duties and help the department flow better.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
Like as mentioned above i have been in research for years and i believe i have got the experience and the knowledge to be DoR as i have been a Executive researcher on and off for the last 2 years and worked closely with the past DoR's and have made some really good RP, tests and documents I also have been part of many events over the years where i have led the experiments and helped the RP be unique and in gauging so i believe i have what it takes to become a DoR.

1713636274055.png
also as you can see in the image above i have a very good record in research and i have the best in the whole department.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:

• Managing the Research Department and assisting the research team with tests and to help them advance their careers further by becoming a executive.
• Authorizing Cross tests if their approval is needed
• Enforcing the Research Policy by insuring that all research personnel carry out their duties effectively and ethically and giving support to research personnel .
• Creating and maintaining relationships with other Departments by getting them involved in RP alongside the RSD and assisting them when needed.
• Assisting and informing any Researchers that need help with their duties by doing lectures.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
James Ashford Is a smart scientist with a curiosity for the unknown and has Science degrees in Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science and Physics. He graduated from Imperial College of London at the age of 24 and then moved on to work inside of National Bio and Agro-Defence Facility [NBAF] Kansas State University where his skills and knowledge was picked up by the SCP foundation after being awarded with multiple Nobel Prizes in Bio Science and physics at the age of 29. And now working in the SCP foundation he has helped gather new information regarding some of the Biohazard SCPs such as: SCP-049,SCP-409 SCP-9000's and SCP-008 and due to his hard work he has been recognized as one of the foundations top Biohazard researchers and continues to find detrimental research in that field and as a exec researcher has been entrusted with knowledge to take on assignments given to him by the Ethics Committee and O-5 council that led to his promotion to DoR to carry out more classified research and to assist his fellow researchers advance in their studdies.

Last edited:

'The Affected'

Nov 7, 2022
Look, the app looks very bad. It is not detailed at all, lore is very poorly written, the application is very short with close to none formatting - not something expected from a Director of Research.
Big -Support

Last edited:

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
format application pls

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: Exec, MTF-E11, MTF-NU-7, SCP-096
What E-11/Nu-7 rank?

either way
+/-Neutral
-other than your silly aaaaaaa 008 tests, i didnt see you do much as a exec. (i havent been active over the last 2 weeks to take this with a grain of salt)

YandereMuffin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Dec 25, 2023
+ Support
- Very cool
- Knows how to control / assist researchers pretty well (from what I've seen)

- Some good CL3/4 SCP tests
- Did a good lecture a few days ago

Last edited:

Kayla

SCP-RP Staff
Oct 20, 2023
+/- neutral
Experienced with research and always see you willing to help out other people in the department, even assisting medical where he can.
Can be pretty toxic when things dont go the way you want.

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
Hello @BritishDooo I'll be leaving this a -support

I can appreciate how long you've been within the ScD, however that experience can ultimately amount to nothing depending on how you spent all that time. For nearly as far back as i can remember, you have done SCP-008 tests, up until this application where it was pointed out to me by an O5 did i learn that you did other SCPs, only when requested. A director that only does SCP-008 tests would be detrimental for the health of the department for the large scale logistical reasons behind the tests. Furthermore, since your most recent return to the server, numerous issues have been raised to me from CL4 and CL5 regarding your behavior and reaction to things not going your way or when a test falls apart. With the terminology used being "aggressive" i cannot in good faith support this application.

Best of luck.

BritishDooo

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 8, 2022
Hello @BritishDooo I'll be leaving this a -support

I can appreciate how long you've been within the ScD, however that experience can ultimately amount to nothing depending on how you spent all that time. For nearly as far back as i can remember, you have done SCP-008 tests, up until this application where it was pointed out to me by an O5 did i learn that you did other SCPs, only when requested. A director that only does SCP-008 tests would be detrimental for the health of the department for the large scale logistical reasons behind the tests. Furthermore, since your most recent return to the server, numerous issues have been raised to me from CL4 and CL5 regarding your behavior and reaction to things not going your way or when a test falls apart. With the terminology used being "aggressive" i cannot in good faith support this application.

Best of luck.
thank you for your reply and i do understand where your coming from and that is why for the last few weeks i have been focusing more on helping other researchers, doing lectures and taking on more diverse projects and testing. the reason why i like 008 the most is the unique and diverse RP i can make from it that gets everyone involved with this being said that is why im going for DoR so i can move on and do more interdepartmental RP and help others with advancing their careers and use my experience to guide their research. Finaly regarding my time in the RSD im wanting to move on and progress to other sides of RP.

Again thanks for your reply
kind regards, Ash

Quackie

Feb 19, 2024
-support
all i have seen is the odd couple 008 tests which wasted peoples time, took 8 years to get done because of your planning. Your attitude is awful, you seem to almost throw a hissy fit if something doesn't go your way (i wont say here as staff intervened with the situation afaik). Yesterday I saw you mock and make fun of a researcher's document without giving any sort of constructive criticism, if you can't help someone as an executive, how the fuck are you meant to do anything as a DoR.

Mishashi

Donator
Jan 6, 2023
-support

Mainly due to your immature behavior. Sure, you might not mean it, but if you plan on being DoR, you ought to act like one first. The DoR is the face of the science department. If he acts up, guess how that reflects on the rest of said department.

LuxPT

Dec 16, 2023
To be honest with you, as a fellow Exec. Researcher you've done quite a lot of good work that I've noticed, only had good experiences with you, and you've always remained neutral/professional.
For that reason you have my +support

Stealth

Dec 4, 2022
6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the ██ ███████.

Hello, @BritishDooo

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be denied. The reasons for this denial may be elaborated on should you decide to get in contact with us. No further action is required.

You may re-apply in two weeks' time.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.