Denied Increase 035 Skill Cap

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrath

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
May 17, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Increases SCP-035s total level requirement so that new players do not have access to it. Arguably, this SCP needs to require an SCP level of like 10 and a total level of like 75-100.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I'm sure it has, as to why it wasn't accepted I have no idea.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
035 is arguably the most technically complex SCP to play, in order to do well you need to understand the server mechanics, hacking, and map knowledge. Additionally, the possession mechanic is normally not well understood by new players, causing them to never actually breach and make sits about how bad their breach was. The fact this SCP is total level 10, but incredibly hard to play makes no sense to me and most of the experienced player base. Most new 035 players can barely even understand how to breach, let alone breach more scps VIA hacking/breach tooling which is the entire point of 035 to begin with.

The current server logic is that 035 having an SCP level of 0 and a total level of 10 is easier than 457, 049, 082, 173, 9000s, 912, and 939s. All these scps are very straight forward, you breach you run at people, you kill people until you die. 035 requires you to know pretty much every mechanic on the server in order to have a chance of a successful breach. Very simply put, this is not a beginner friendly scp, yet it is the only combative scp new players have access to.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
More experienced people leads to bigger breaches
Some of the lower SCP skill levels might need to be re balanced in order to provide access to new players.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe this suggestion should be accepted both so new players are not shown the new server experience to be an incredibly complex SCP who they waited in breach queue for multiple hours to play as just to get RCed instantly, as well as limiting the scp to players who can actually understand the basic mechanics of it and what a successful 035 breach looks like. There's really no downside to moving 035 to a much higher skill cap as new players very basically do not have the knowledge of how to breach as 035 and do so successfully.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
what SCP would take 035s place as the newcomer's SCP (which has any possibility of being breached) lol

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
i agree on 035 being dumb as the very first SCP you play as that breaches
Even 106 is easier than playing 035, its stupid
+Support
-who knows maybe make 457/173 a more beginner SCP

Sully

Feb 10, 2024
+Support
Good points and makes sense so I don't see why not. Now we just need another beginner SCP but that shouldn't be too hard.

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

Boris Johnson

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
May 24, 2023
+Support
Me when level 10 gets a host but doesn't know how to get back to his CC.

Langstädtler

Sep 19, 2023
+Support
SCP 035 overall is a bad introduction for new Players, you need to know how to hack, need to know the Map of HCZ , need to know how the Possesion works.
From all the SCPs we have on the Server, SCP 035 should not be the First SCP Players get.

fyzar

Feb 22, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Increases SCP-035s total level requirement so that new players do not have access to it. Arguably, this SCP needs to require an SCP level of like 10 and a total level of like 75-100.
035 is complex yes, but this suggestion is just plain awful.

If you want high level people with the knowledge to play 035 effectively theres nothing stopping you from just clicking "become SCP-035"
Limiting the levels to 75-100 is just pure insane, I've been playing a good amount of hours every day and for the past couple months and im only around total level 80. Limiting the amount of SCP's you can play as a beginner will just weaken the fun of it, its fun to be in-experienced and learn, and its also fun to absolutely own a new player.
Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
035 is arguably the most technically complex SCP to play, in order to do well you need to understand the server mechanics, hacking, and map knowledge. Additionally, the possession mechanic is normally not well understood by new players, causing them to never actually breach and make sits about how bad their breach was. The fact this SCP is total level 10, but incredibly hard to play makes no sense to me and most of the experienced player base. Most new 035 players can barely even understand how to breach, let alone breach more scps VIA hacking/breach tooling which is the entire point of 035 to begin with.

The current server logic is that 035 having an SCP level of 0 and a total level of 10 is easier than 457, 049, 082, 173, 9000s, 912, and 939s. All these scps are very straight forward, you breach you run at people, you kill people until you die. 035 requires you to know pretty much every mechanic on the server in order to have a chance of a successful breach. Very simply put, this is not a beginner friendly scp, yet it is the only combative scp new players have access to.
The possesion mechanic is very simple and its perfect, nothing is wrong about it, makes sense that you gain whatever the person you possessed had. When I had my first breach it was with 035, it was really simple and fell under "run and people and kill them" I tried to breach by hacking the box, but as a new player I sucked and got domed by E-11. Knowing every mechanic is just how it works since 035 is just a player with lots of HP.

overall -support

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

Jeffrey Nut

Oct 6, 2023
first time i joined the server some guard ran into 035 cc and grabbed the mask, i went to hcz checkpoint and lit up some e11 lmao
+Support

YandereMuffin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Dec 25, 2023
I'm feeling Negitive.

035 is arguably the most technically complex SCP to play, in order to do well you need to understand the server mechanics, hacking, and map knowledge. Additionally, the possession mechanic is normally not well understood by new players, causing them to never actually breach and make sits about how bad their breach was.

035 can be played in a complicated way, but it doesn't have to be, playing the SCP just as a breached SCP with a gun and a bunch of HP is a perfectly valid move - a person playing 035 doesn't need to know how to hack, or map knowledge, or even a lot of server knowledge (although like most other SCPs, those things do help).

Maybe I am the insane one but even while knowing map knowledge and hacking, whenever I breach as 035 I normally use the breach took to break out 1 other SCP and then I just shoot people - I don't play it as some mastermind hacking out every possible SCP and I don't think that should be the expected path for a player breaching as 035 (whether they're experienced or not).

For testing purposes 035 gives a pretty good starter SCP, allowing a person to play similarly to a human and talk and stuff, while still RPing as an SCP - and it also doesn't have any quick option to kill which ruins many tests (whether just sampling or RP based).

All of this made me put a negitive, but I honestly do believe the that the possessing is weird and not the easiest thing to control as a new player - but I dont think the fix for a difficult to use character is to lock it behind a higher level (because playing it for the first time no matter what will be a similar experience), I also think your suggested total level of 75-100 is way too high.

Basically not everything is about the breach, and an SCP doesn't have to be used perfectly when it breaches.

appo

Donator
Jun 20, 2022
On US theres always this one guy who plays him and all he does is passive breach and dance.
peak usa serious rp

+ support

035 is not easy to play and tends to be a noob trap which could be seen as unfair for new players who didnt realise this

Neptune

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 4, 2023
England
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Wrath ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

035 has always been a starter SCP and is a staple for the community. Also increasing the levels needed inhibits the RP with people can create with 035.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.