Civilian Name: Damon Reckman
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
  • Clearance 4
    • Internal Affairs Director (Holding)
    • Internal Affairs Ambassador (Held)
    • MTF Omega-1 Captain (Held)
    • Ethics Committee Assistant-Coordinator (Held)
    • Security Captain (Held)
  • Clearance 3
    • DEA Senior Agent (Holding)
    • MTF Nu-7 Sergeant (Held)
    • CI-B (Held)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I've received 2 ERP warns, 1 RDM warn, and 1 FailRP warn. Information about any of these can be given as requested.

Why are you applying for Site Advisor?:
I am applying for Site Advisor as I believe I have a strong potential to guide others on a broader scale, bring success to multiple departments and mobile task forces, and advocate for change where needed. Given my time in Internal Affairs, I've been able to formulate an authentic yet impressive track record so far, bringing forth lots of changes and forming lots of strong bonds with those around me. I'd like to take my skills and potential even further by becoming a Site Advisor, maximizing the operational success of the departments that I may be assigned. As a Site Advisor, you can be assured that my activity will never fail, no one will be left behind, and criticisms on performance will be taken to heart; which will also continue to allow me to become the best version of myself.

All of these encompassing values and working with those above me, have allowed me to not only enjoy my time in Internal Affairs, but develop a strong interest in Site Administration; where I feel I can do the most good and be a beacon of knowledge and leadership to those under me.

What makes you suitable for Site Administration?:
What makes me suitable for Site Administration is my track record for success in Internal Affairs where I acted as a mentor to many and proposed several changes, communicated with other departments on IA changes and acted as a resource for those to share concerns or questions with, and keeping an open-mind at all times, which has allowed individuals such as Agents to share ideas they may have for the department. With all of these in mind, I've managed to build a short lived but very successful legacy, being commended by Site Command and Site Administration, and ensuring that Internal Affairs is a department that everyone wants to join, not run away from.

Internal Affairs has seen an astronomical amount of changes... including changing our disguise policies, overhauling our Internal Affairs Hub, implementing internal Ambassador promotion requirements, a bar exam, and so much more. All of these changes have been completed in only a little over a month of my position of being an Internal Affairs Director and with this ambition and creative thought process that I possess, I wish to take my skills even further; not to better myself, but to better those around me including the foundation of Site-65. I would be able to extend a creative hand to those leading departments; who may be stuck on ideas or proposals and unsure of what to do with them. Success has propagated through my department during my tenure as Internal Affairs Director, and I find it in my interest to continue this propagation of success to the whole Site.

Site Administration personnel are expected to be experts in communication, and understanding. I believe that given my extensive experience in clearance 4 positions, I am able to maintain these desired traits. During my time as Director, I've been able to fulfill my goal of being more communicative with those above and around me. I've been able to have constructive conversations with other departments, Site Administration, and Site Command regarding Internal Affairs operations. This has led to lots of constructive feedback coming to the department that we otherwise would not have had, and has allowed us to realistically remain in good graces and working relationships with a multitude of departments despite our rather unpopular role on site. I truly believe that during my time as a department leader I've been able to build up an approachable reputation, where colleagues, superiors, and subordinates are able to approach me with any questions or concerns they may have without fear of retribution.

Open-mindedness is also a universally desired virtue. As a Site Advisor, I would put myself in the shoes of the department leaders who may be coming to me about various policy changes or larger changes to their departments - trying to understand the vision they may have for their department just as I have had for Internal Affairs on several occasions. This mindset of being willing to talk about change will allow me to build even stronger working relationships with several departments and those above me which will even further increase the cohesiveness between departments, Site Administration, and Site Command in the long run.

I can confidently say that I am a suitable candidate for Site Administration, given my historic yet successful track record as Internal Affairs Director where I've managed to propel my department forward through a large series of changes, personnel assignments, and building strong, long-lasting relationships with Agents, Ambassadors, my Co-Director, and my superiors. Despite my record of success and desire to move forward in Site-65, I can also say that I would not leave my department in ruins. I would work with the Ethics Committee to recommend a successor, and ensure that the department rework or any other changes I am involved with moves forward; securing a pathway for success for Internal Affairs even past my tenure.

What are the responsibilities of Site Administration in RP?:
  • Authorize AA when applicable.
  • Handle department and inter-department coordination.
  • Approving or denying proposed policies from various departments.
  • Signing off on tests and samplings that require Site Administration approval.
  • Meeting with GOIs to discuss relations (Assigned UNGOC relations task)
  • Authorizing GOIs to assist with breaches that the Site cannot reasonably handle.
  • Authorizing KOS past airlock when applicable.
  • Authorizing D-Block sweeps when applicable.
  • Authorizing raids on GOIs when applicable.
  • Issuing discipline to Department Leaders, MTF Commanders, etc. when applicable.
  • Hosting Sr. CL4 meetings.
  • Attending Site Administration meetings.
  • Presiding over Court of Site Administration tribunals or other tribunals as requested.
  • Communicating effectively with Site Command on Site-65 operations.
  • Signing/approving appropriate D-Class work permits.
  • Assisting in maintaining the D-Class work program.
  • Helping create RP between multiple departments through proposals or tiny events.
  • Approving passive breaches for SCPs (Site Manager+).
  • Interviewing department personnel on the status of their departments, and completing reviews on said departments.
  • Ensure that all personnel are following the legal codex, code of conduct, and code of ethics.
  • Crediting personnel for good work done.

Please give some lore about your Site Administration character and what storylines they would be involved in:

// Lore is from IA Director application and continued //

1995: James Kato was born on July 2nd, 1995 in the city of Bethesda, Maryland. While growing up, James took a strong interest in criminal justice. His favorite shows including Law & Order, as well as NCIS. He was always described as someone who had a creative vision for everything, and a strong desire to be someone bigger than himself.

2013: James graduates Bethesda High School as class Valedictorian. He then attends the US Service Academy at West Point under a full scholarship for Criminal Justice. During his time there, he got the opportunity to shadow the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, a privilege he obtained by winning an essay contest.

2017: James graduates West Point and is commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the US Army JAG Corps. The JAG Corps is the "law firm" of the United States Army and focuses on representing army officials in courtroom settings, as well as providing legal advice to senior army officials. James's career in the beginning was extremely slow, but was just about to ramp up.

2022: During James's short time in the JAG corps, he took on an unsuspecting case. Brigadier General Musgrove was being tried with murder after an email sent to the Chinese Army's Chief of Staff was found to be the cause of his death. Much of the information was sealed, but since James was on the defense, he was privy to it. It was found that SCP-7528, prior to its containment, hopped into a PDF file of policies the US Army was establishing to increase relations with the People's Liberation Army of China. It is unknown how SCP-7528 went into the file, but it must've been after James uploaded it as an attachment.

James was approached by Mobile Task Force Kappa-10 ("Skynet") and Mobile Task Force Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") where he was offered a position in the Foundation's Internal Affairs Department, so long as he completes his JAG assignment and assists with the anomaly investigation. Both Mobile Task Forces were quite impressed that James was not only able to unveil a false narrative against a high ranking Army official, but uncover an anomaly at that. James had significant trouble sleeping after finding out about the anomaly, and the fact that he was now under the watchful eye of two Mobile Task Forces. One word, and he's done for. Why didn't they just use amnestics on him? They saw the value. Later on, James uncovered that he downloaded a mandated update from a person in his IT department prior to sending the email and relayed such information to both Mobile Task Forces. His JAG case was complete. MTF Iota-10 assisted James with clearing the Brigadier General's name, and James was brought to an undisclosed location where his new career started. During his orientation, he was instructed to drink a rather weird smelling concoction and he forgot all about Kappa-10 and Iota-10, as well as SCP-7528 - but he did not forget about how he won the JAG case - as fuzzy as that is, and won an employment contract with this new place called the SCP Foundation.

2023 Part 1: James eventually got Ambassador - but it quickly wore out. Day in and day out. The constant pleading to not be arrested. The constant tomfoolery that the Code of Ethics clearly goes against. The constant blatant disregard for human life. It got to him. He visited the medical bay several times a week, venting and letting out anger at the Medical Department's psychiatrists. Previous to this, he learned that one of his friends in the Foundation had passed. Unfortunately for him, grieving isn't really an option in this facility. There's bigger tasks at hand, but he simply couldn't take it. The constant work stress, and the loss of his friend made him almost lose it. Eventually, he decided to reconsider his position and step down to slow life down a bit and not worry about the little things. He was able to continue going to see the psychiatrists to deal with his loss, and eventually, got motivated to start going again. As James likes to say, "When you go down the only thing you can do is get right back up!".

2023 Part 2: James was brought back into an Ambassador position and immediately began right where he left off months prior. Starting to feel in Cloud 9 with Internal Affairs, James noticed an unfortunate recurrence of events every time shortly after he woke up. Time and time again, like clockwork, James had to defend his life as the men in orange suits sprinted out of D-Block, shanks and guns in hand. "Where in the hell do they keep coming from?" he wondered. "Where is the sweep?!" he wondered again. This time was enough. He brought his concerns one morning immediately to Site Administration and some other Security Captains he's seen around site. Unfortunately for Recker, it seems this problem won't be fixed unless volunteers step up to help. Recker decided then and there he was tired of being ran at with shanks while he stands there in a $2,500 Dolce & Gabbana suit (Disclaimer: paid with a bonus check for making Ambassador). He decided that someone needs to take the mantle during those times, and he wants a vest to do it. One day he headed over to the Security Chief's Office, sealed an envelope with an application inside, and slipped it under the door. He's heard of other department supervisors helping in multiple departments, but nervously, he prayed as he remains unsure if he'd make the cut.

2024 Part 1: Life was going good for James. He was an Ambassador, a part time Security Captain to help out with D-Block. One day, James noticed a posting on the Ambassador's corkboard for the position of Director of Internal Affairs. This has to be his moment, the moment his career has been leading up to. A position where a larger difference across the Site could be made. That night, he begins filling out the application, with his fingers AND toes crossed. Regardless of whether or not he obtains the position, he's determined to show the Site who James Kato is.

2024 Part 2: After being selected for Director of Internal Affairs, James worked to bring forth changes never before seen to the Department of Internal Affairs. He worked meticulously to describe his vision to his co-Director, David, and the Ethics Committee. Change after change came. New Ambassadors, new policies, and new relationships. However, something was missing. He couldn't quite put his finger on it. Could it be the murmurs of miscommunication he's heard about in the various departments? Could it be personnel not understanding a policy, or just not understanding the intentions of Site Administration? He thought this one afternoon after lunch, walking through PW back to his office when he noticed pinned on the wall some Site Advisor applications. "Is this the opportunity I need to help better the communication around site? To help bring more cohesiveness between departments and Site Administration?"... he rubbed his beard, walked back to the office, and sat down. Application in hand. He began to fill it out...

Last edited:

Raixin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Mar 17, 2024
+Support
This man fits this job so well

Reactions: "Recker"