“The Doctor’s” Ethics committee application [USA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBootyWarrior

Apr 29, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:129205472
Discord name: Doc Killinger#8891
For how long have you played on CG SCP: pretty much since the beginning of the US server.
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: GMT-6
Character name(s): “The Doctor”
Civilian name: Robert
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: E-11 LT, Nu7 Cpl, O1 Cpt, and currently hold ECA and 096 whitelists.
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: long ago.
-
What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why: I am applying for Ethics Committee member, and I am applying so I can continue my work as an ECA at an even higher level, ensuring that the CoE is upheld to the highest standard.
-
What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?: Well I have a lot of experience with being an ECA and O1, I genuinely enjoy being able to help uphold the CoE, and I truly care about helping people and feel I would be able to do this at my fullest potential both in character and out of character as an ECM.
-
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?: First and foremost is to ensure that the facility operates within the guidelines of the CoE. They also do department reviews, delegations, and they are the highest (public) form of leadership that the facility has.
-
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?): If I am not mistaken (which I could very well be) they handle ECA applications, ECM applications, GenSec whitelist applications as well as Site Admin applications (excluding the council and their assistants of course)
-
Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Keep in mind that this is far from complete, but I will provide what I do have for your viewing.

██████ “The Doctor” █████ was born February 23 19██ to parents SSgt ██████ and █████████ █████ in █████████, Germany. From an early age “The Doctor” moved around a lot due to his fathers work in the U.S. Army, and then as a recruiter for various companies, simply following the money. In March of 19██ the family finally settled in ████ █████, Texas, which quickly became “The Doctor’s” home. Although very intelligent, “The Doctor” didn’t do well in school, in part because of his social anxiety, and partly due to the work being boring to him. After many grueling years of the torture that was school, “The Doctor” graduated from high school in 20██ and promptly went to the local recruitment office to join the Army like his father before him. Having told the recruiter what his grades were in school, the recruiter didn’t have high hopes for “The Doctor” when it came to the ASVAB but was absolutely stunned when he scored a 98 out of 100. “Well fuck, you can do anything you want in the army, and I thought you were dumb as shit looking at your grades!” Looking over his options, “The Doctor” settled on becoming a combat medic. After one year, two months and 3 weeks, “The Doctor” was finally a doctor! For his first deployment he was sent to █████, Afghanistan, where he treated casualties of some of the fiercest fighting. He quickly became an expert in medicine and treating of wounds. He had to keep as many of his fellow soldiers alive as he could. After 13 months he finally got to go home from his deployment, albeit as a changed man. He was deployed again, this time for 14 months, but it was the same as his first deployment. Keep as many men alive as he could. He started to become jaded, hateful. Why should all of these men, boys really, die for no reason!? Fucking wasteful. After his time off from his second deployment, he was sent overseas for his third, and final, deployment. Everything was business as usual until one day, about 4 months in, a major pulled him aside and told him that he was hand picked by Col. ██████ for a special mission. He was to deploy as a squad medic and travel to ███ ██████ to recover something special. At least they said it was special. It was just a black rectangular stone. The team arrived at the location on █████████ ██, 20██ at 21:00 hours. The object in question was, quite frankly, unremarkable. Yeah, it was a perfectly carved stone rectangle and it was obviously old, but there’s plenty of this kind of stuff around the world, and even more remarkable things at that. “special assignment? What the fuck is this, who did I piss off?” He said to himself. The team walked up to the stone and started at it. You could tell everyone was thinking the same thing. “What is this shit?” All of that changed when they heard a soft scraping coming from INSIDE the stone. Suddenly, a perfectly fit door that was unable to be seen opened and there stood a motionless middle eastern man covered from head to toe in tattoos holding a sword. His eyes were closed and he didn’t seem to be breathing. Looking down at the tip of the sword on the floor of the box were scratch marks. Suddenly “The Doctor” remembered the faint scratching sound he had heard from inside of the box just moments before and took a step back and readied his weapon. His squad mates were bewildered by his actions but before they could ask what was happening, the tattooed man opened his eyes and stepped out of the box. “It has been many years since I have had opponents. This should be fun.” “The Doctor’s” squad mates did as he had done just a few seconds earlier and stepped back and readied their weapons, unsure of what was about to unfold. “I see your choice of weaponry has changed since the last time I fought you humans, but I still prefer my sword. Shall we begin?” And without a seconds hesitation the man rushed forward and slashed one of the squad members across the chest with his sword. Immediately everyone opened fire on this man to put him down. After the shooting had stopped the squad members were stunned. This man with the tattoos was still standing! Quickly “The Doctor” dropped his mag, put in a fresh one, charged his carbine, and immediately opened fire again, followed shortly by the rest of the squad. The tattooed man seemingly unfazed, danced among the squad, dealing vicious blow after vicious blow, systematically eliminating members of the squad as if it was nothing. “The Doctor” did notice one thing though. While this man wasn’t bullet proof, he resisted the rounds very well. But the more rounds that were put into him, the more it seemed to effect him. “Keep shooting!” He yelled at the top of his lungs “I think he is starting to weaken!” And indeed he was, but not fast enough. After a couple more minutes it was down to just “The Doctor” and this tattooed man, and “The Doctor” was out of ammo for his carbine. The tattooed man was still standing but he was very obviously in bad shape and moving slowly. “Fuck” he muttered while pulling out his sidearm. “That won’t cut it, human, but I applaud your tenacity” the tattooed man said with a grin. “You have put up a good fight this time, but it is time for you to die.” The tattooed man said. Without a seconds hesitation “The Doctor” raised his side arm and started shooting. Once he finished his first mag he reloaded at lightning speed and started shooting again. Then the inevitable happened. *Click* He was completely out of ammo and this tattooed man was still slowly walking towards him. Defeated, “The Doctor” threw his sidearm to the ground and fell to his knees. He was about to become one of those casualties he couldn’t get off of his mind. “Fuck it” he said to himself and steeled himself for his death. Suddenly there was a terrible cacophony of gunfire from behind him. Startled, “The Doctor” spun around and fell to to his back to look at his saviors. 6 men in completely black uniforms with a strange logo on their right arm and what appeared to be a nine tailed fox on their left arm stepped forward towards him. “Holy fuck, I thought I was dead! You guys came just in time! What regiment are you from? I don’t recognize those patches.” Said “The Doctor.” A look was exchanged between a few members of the team, one member chucked, and one other shook his head. The apparent leader turned to look at them and they immediately snapped back into ready positions. “I am “Punisher” and we aren’t with the army.” The leader said as he turned back to “The Doctor.” “I am thoroughly impressed by how you handled Able.” He continued. “Able?” “The Doctor” interjected. “That sword wielding fuck is named Able? How the fuck do you know that? And if you aren’t with the army then who the fuck are you?” Grinning, “Punisher” said “We are with the SCP Foundation, Epsilon 11 task force, E-11 for short. Normally we don’t recruit from outside the Foundation but we were watching you..” “Watching me!? You watched all 8 of my squad mates die and didn’t help!? What the fuck!?” “The Doctor” interjected. “Well we were going to let all of you die, but something told me to save you and bring you in. I’ve already radioed my superiors and they have okayed it. What do you say?” “Punisher” asked. “Well…” said “The Doctor”…

*3 Years later*

Groggily waking from a dream about his first encounter with an SCP and his first contact with the SCP Foundation “The Doctor” looks around the dark bunk room of E-11 and is simply amazed by how far he has come in such a short time. Now a Command Sgt in the task force that he has come to call his family he looks at his heavy duty equipment at the foot of his bunk, still covered in blood and gore from terminating the last of the 049-2s late last night after 049 himself was recontained, he shivered despite being fairly callused at this point after seeing all the horrors that the Foundation keeps hidden away from the public. They lost 3 good men to this breach, one of which was a fresh private. It was his first week with the regiment and his first breach. They thought they had killed all of the -2s, but no one noticed the last of them, a solitary former GenSec that got a little over zealous and tried to help E-11 with the recontainment, that was crouched down silent in a dark corner. As soon as private Jimothy (he hadn’t even earned a code name yet!) turned his back to that corner the -2 pounced upon him and ripped his throat out from around his back with his now sharp bone tipped fingers. “Doc” (as his shortened code name is for now) screamed and dumped a mag from his EBR-14 into the -2. 30 rounds of .308 ripped it to shreds in a heartbeat. Dropping his rifle onto the ground and running over to put pressure on the privates wound he knew immediately that the private wouldn’t survive. It would take 3 minutes to get him to the med bay, but he didn’t even have one. Seeing the fear and pain in the young privates eyes all “Doc” could do was try. It simply wasn’t enough though. With a final gurgling the private died. “FUCK!” Yelled “Doc.” Everyone standing around was somber and saddened at the loss of this young man that had so much potential. Snapping back to the here and now, “Doc” knew he wouldn’t be able to get back to sleep at this point. Looking at his watch it read 0523. He got up out of his bunk, put on his navy blue uniform, bagged up the bloody mess that was the uniform and equipment he had worn last night, and quietly left the bunks so as to not wake up the rest of the team. First stop was to drop off his equipment with housekeeping. They were masters of removing blood and even nastier stuff from any material that they were given. With a smirk to himself “Doc” thought that it was almost anomalous how they were able to do that. After dropping the bag off he went to the canteen for a little bit of breakfast. He was on a strict diet to bulk up a bit. All of the Command Sgt’s in the regiment were muscular due to the weight of they equipment they are issued at that rank, and “Doc” was still fairly lithe and tall. An egg white omelette with shredded chicken was what he ordered at the window. Sitting at one of the communal tables and waiting for his order he noticed one of the Law Enforcement personnel sitting in his jet black uniform watching “Doc” as he sat there. “Must be waiting for his food to take and run back up to floor 3 to eat.” “Doc” muttered to himself. All LE personnel wore some sort of a mask or something to cover their face. They were a redacted unit that no one was supposed to know about but everyone muttered about in the less travelled hallways of the Foundation. Hearing his name called “Doc” got up to get his food, made himself a cup of coffee, took a pill from a small tin he kept in his breast pocket and downed it, followed with a quick sip of coffee to help it go down his throat, and sat down to start eating. He wasn’t hungry but knew he had to get something in his stomach other than some coffee and a Dianabol. He ate what he could, hollered a thank you to the chefs back in the kitchen, and left the canteen. At this point he didn’t even notice the LE getting up after not having gotten anything to eat himself and following at a distance. Feeling a little more energized after popping the Dianabol, he went to the equipment room, got fully kitted, and went to the site gym to get a workout in. Upon arriving at the gym he noticed 2 more LE standing in a corner talking quietly. Or maybe it was the original LE “Doc” had seen that morning in the canteen and one additional. There was no telling since he couldn’t see anything but their eyes. Other than himself and the two LE, there was a solitary Nu7 at the gym. A huge guy, standing at 6’8” and built like a tank, “Bear” was casually repping 400 pounds on the bench press like it was nothing. “Fucking Nu7, always going overboard.” “Doc” thought to himself. Pulling out the tin in his pocket again he popped another Dianabol and with a full kit hopped on the treadmill to run a mile to start his workout. All while the two LE stood in the corner watching him. Having finished his hour and a half workout, “Doc” headed back to the bunks, took a quick shower, and got a fresh uniform on. By that time it was 0815 and knew he had to walk all the way to the Heavy Containment Checkpoint for his shift. It would take 30 minutes to get there which would put him there at 0845, the time he always showed up for his 0900 shift. Walking through the corridors he greeted Foundation personnel he knew, and others greeted him in kind. Up ahead of him he saw a LE personnel rounding a corner and thought to himself “I wonder what’s going on? I never see this many LE in a day unless they are guarding The Committee.” He hoped he wouldn’t run into one of The Committee members. They were nice and polite, but did seem a bit stuffy and proper in the expensive suits, and being a former soldier and current MTF operative “Doc” always felt out of place talking with them. Rounding the corner “Doc” stopped dead in his tracks. There were 5 LE members standing there, weapons pointed right at him. “Do as you are told and you won’t be harmed. The Director would like to talk to you.” Said the one in the front. “Doc” nodded that he understood and immediately a burlap bag was placed over his head, the rifle was pulled out of his hand as well as the M249 slung across his back was pulled over his head, he felt the sidearm being pulled out of the holster on his leg, and elastic restraints were slipped over his wrists and tightened. “Doc” was then lead away by the LE personnel through the back hallways of Site 56. He was disoriented by the sack over his head and quickly lost track of what direction they were going and where they were. After what seemed like an hour (even though it was probably only 15 minutes) the group came to a halt. “Doc” heard a button being pressed and the soft whirring of an elevator coming to the floor they were on. After a soft *ding* he heard the doors open and they stepped into the elevator. Another press of the button and the doors closed and the elevator took off going up. After about 20 seconds of the elevator being in motion it glided to a stop and with another soft *ding* and the doors slid open. “Doc” heard a pre-recorded female voice say “Floor three” as the group stepped off of the elevator. After 15 steps forward he heard a keycard being slid in a keypad and automatic doors opened up and the group stepped forward. Another swipe to close the door behind them. Another 12 steps forward and the group stopped again. Another swipe, another door opening. Proceeding forward there was another swipe from behind and the door they had just passed through slid shut and “Doc” could hear the automatic locking mechanism of the door solidly closing. At this point he was starting to get nervous. He had never been to this part of the site. He knew there was a floor 3, but that’s where LE, ISD, the Site Inspectors, and The Committee themselves stayed, but it was a restricted area. Only specifically authorized personnel were allowed up here. A couple of steps forward and then a right turn. Another door opening in front of them and closing behind them as they passed through. Finally “Doc” was guided to a chair and sat down. “Wait here.” One of the LE said and left the room. There were a million thoughts racing through “Docs” head, all at a million miles a minutes. Did I do something wrong? Am I going to be discharged? Am I going to be executed? Tortured? After a couple of minutes “Doc” heard the door open again and could hear two people walking through. The boots of the LE that had left earlier, and what sounded to be dress shoes. He felt someone grab the sack on his head in preparation to pull it off and then heard a soft, yet firm voice say “Go ahead.” When the bag was pulled off he was temporarily blind. He had become used to the darkness of the bag and the bright lights guts of the room disoriented him. As his eyes slowly focused he saw standing in front of him a young man, possibly around the same age as him, impeccably dressed in a pink button down shirt with a rose pinned on and nice black slacks. On his feet “Doc” could see the shiny black Oxford style shoes he had heard walk in earlier. Looking at the face of the man standing before him he was slightly darker in complexion with dark hair and square black framed glasses. “Do you know who I am?” The man said to “Doc.” Thinking about it for a second he replied with “Not for sure, but if I had to guess, you are the Director of the Ethics Committee.” After giving him an appraising look the man said “You are correct. I am Director Julian Brown. You may call me Jules though.” “Do you know why you are here?” He asked. “Quite frankly sir, I have no idea.” Responded “Doc.” Jules took a second to respond but when he did it was not what “Doc” was expecting to hear. “We have been watching you for a while now, and we believe you would be a good candidate to be a member of █████-█ ████ ████ ████. Someone with your medical background would be a very valuable asset in protecting myself and the members of The Committee.” “Doc” was dumbfounded. This was the last thing he had expected. “Um, are you sure, sir? I mean, it would be an honor, but am I the right person for this job?” He asked. With a grin on his face Jules responded with “Yes, I think you are. So what’s it going to be?” “Well…” said “Doc”…

(All actual character names are used with permission) and please remember, this is NOT the full lore for “The Doctor” it is still a work in progress.

Thank you guys for viewing my application.

Status
Not open for further replies.