Denied 106 new dimension

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKupKake

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 13, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Changes the 106 dimension

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not sure

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Makes the new 106 dimension (The hall ways) less RNG Based and makes it more fun/skill based
"Mercy kills" Aka Glorified RDM becomes less common when taken by 106.
Makes people not dread 106 (not in the sense of oh no he is scary but in the sense of oh god im going to be stuck there for 3 minutes unless someone RDMs me)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Not only will people be not RDMing but people will actually have a fighting chance.

(P.S.)
For those people who might say "Its to unrealistic for people to escape 106 100% of the time".
You need to keep in mind that if we are going down the path of Lore, 106 always follows his pray in to the pocket dimension.So its not unreasable for people to escape more from 106.

And i forgot to mention.
106's new dimension is prosaically generated. Not the walls but some of the exits can get blocked off (yes i have checked many times and you can do it too. Run up to a dead end press C and hover your mouse over the wall, It should glow.

From what ive seen there are something around 5 exits. And more often then not all 5 are blocked off. ive talked to a few staff about this and they are sure that there is atleast 1 exit every time. (There isnt)

For the content team going in to check this spawn in blue lights (it works the best in there for some reason) and you can see out of 3/5 Times i ran the test it was blocked off. and it only resets once EVERYONE is out of the dimension

Lord_Fr3ze

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Mapping Team
Content Team
Jan 3, 2022
I mean I've seen people nhu through 106 walls and walk across the entire thing and not find an exit

I just went on and checked all possibilities that can be generated for the minigame, and the exit is always present and the way there is never blocked. So I don't know what to tell you. If people can't find it with abusing chemicals then they seem to just be running into the wrong directions.

Reactions: fyzar
Jul 15, 2023
"Mercy kills" Aka Glorified RDM becomes less common when taken by 106.
fairly certain this is just straight up failrp
2.03 Killing Friendlies - It is FailRP to kill a friend to prevent them from being killed by an SCP, especially SCP-323. Foundation personnel is expected to value each other's lives, especially those of CL3+ personnel. It is also extremely unfun for a player on an SCP to be unable to get any kills because Foundation personnel are constantly killing each other before the SCP can reach them.
i mean yes, 106 is unique in that it doesn't get exp from kills and relies on tp'ing them, but i'm fairly certain the rest of the logic surrounding this ruling applies?

Reactions: Niox

TheKupKake

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 13, 2023
I just went on and checked all possibilities that can be generated for the minigame, and the exit is always present and the way there is never blocked. So I don't know what to tell you. If people can't find it with abusing chemicals then they seem to just be running into the wrong directions.
im not talking about the exit 1 exit in the middle of the west wall. im talking about the connecting points between the spwan and exit. There is a high chance where its not even a exit. next time youre on the uk server lmk we can both go down there and i can show you what i mean

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @TheKupKake ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

As Fr3ze said there will always be an exit present when it comes to the dimension and as such we will be making no changes just because people can't find the exit.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.