Content Suggestion 173 suggestion/rework

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.
Jul 25, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Proposal for SCP-173 having the ability to manually choose it's target instead of just choosing the nearest player close to them.

Objective: To make 173 more fun and engaging to play, instead of simply just hitting a simple button and praying that you will teleport to somebody and won't get stuck on them or nearby objects.
---------
Details: Instead of 173 being unable to move their camera and being stuck in place, unable to do anything as they helplessly get mow down by MTF and GENSEC.
173 should be be move to move their camera and be able to choose to "snap" whoever neck they are looking at, instead of being helplessly and their HP get shredded down, causing frustrating experience for new players and old.
And causing the breach to last longer instead of lasting more 3-4 minutes.

Conclusion: Adding this simple feature would make 173 more fun to play as and engage instead of it just simply being dwell down to you being the closet to the SCP and dying from it.

-----------
Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[Yes I am sure this has been suggested many times, and more so in the discord server of CN, but I'm hoping this time this will be consider!]

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
[Newcomers and old would have more fun experience instead of hoping the game would allowed them to have fun, they have more choice in the manner of choosing to engage or not.
The RP experience on the other hand will be enhanced as 173 can now follow the "Golden Rule" more thoroughly instead of relaying more on players input.]
---
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[One issue that may arise of this is that SCP-173 in-game speed is the fastest of all the SCP'S on the server. Due to my suggestion it may cause 173 be harder to capture, and more unfair and frustrating experience for MTF and GENSEC, instead of the player who playing as 173.]

----------
Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The reason I feel like my suggestion should be accepted is mainly how SCP-173 suffer from the lack of updates to it's basic kits, and how new SCP's being added will do SCP-173 job "but better"; by what I am suggestion, I remain hopeful that this simple change will allow 173 to shine amongst the other SCP'S instead of being push to back-burner!

dale_earl

Jul 15, 2024
+ massive support

The ability to actually pick a target means you can actually focus on people shooting you instead of janitors who keep acting like meat shields

werta600

Jan 5, 2024
+Support

Yes yes yes please, that way 173 can focus on people shooting him or avoid targeting neck-snap inmune players like ERT