Denied 912 Rebalancing Suggestion by Kaleb

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KalebStar

Aug 10, 2023
Hey, everyone! This is my first suggestion I throw out there into the world; hopefully something sticks with people!

Everyone knows that 912 is a pest at best during normal hours, and when he is breached during low pop he is more of a nuisance more than anything else, so here I'll be suggesting how I'd go about improving 912!

What's wrong?

912 primarly uses a stun batton, which once again is more of a nuisance to anybody during normal hours and during a breach, doing pitiful damage at best to dclass and other personnel alike. While 912 also receives cuffs during passive play, they are thrown out the window during a breach due to combat cuffing. On top of that, during a breach, 912 receives one of the weakest weapons on the face of the planet, a Glock, which does pityful damage, taking several magazines to kill a person. Overall, 912 feels underpowered, even at its low-level position as an SCP.

What could be improved?

Here I go with my opinions, but 912 deserves an upgrade not only for normal hours but for breaches as well. So what I would do is perhaps give him the armor mechanic from 7722 since the man is literally just armor along with either a more powerful gun along side the Glock or maybe a more powerful baton that takes people down faster, perhaps a reskin of the swords 7722 and 076-2 use. Another idea would be for 912 to spawn with a tranquilizer pistol and only get a gun that can kill during a breach.

What does this suggestion change, add, or remove?

Buffing for 912 with weapons and mechanics

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

More engaging gameplay for those playing 912 against him during a breach and outside of it.

More roleplay opportunities due to 912 having a slightly more varied arsenal.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

Development time.

Potentially overpowered scp for the level he is unlocked at.

Could easily abuse the tranq gun to annoy people, which can lead to failed situations.

Based on the Positives and Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted?

Because during a breach, 912 is utterly hopeless and deserves a much-needed update or upgrade.

Reactions: Boylanard9232

Change Z. "Somebody"

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Jun 13, 2022
-support
However I do agree that 912 should be buffed during breaches I believe that adding a tranq gun to 912 may cause balancing issues for D-Class basically adding an immortal riot officer.

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
Not the way to buff him, maybe give him 1000 armour on breach, the 7722 armour mechanic would make him too strong.

The reskin is unnecessary, as it is very powerful and probably wouldn't be used as their main weapon anyways as they wouldnt be able to tank damage.

The weapon i have in mine is either the MP5 or the Nova as they are both used by GSD and would fit well, the Nova could be used with the P80.

Partial +Support for Buff

Neutral leaning to -Support for these specific changes.

KalebStar

Aug 10, 2023
Not the way to buff him, maybe give him 1000 armour on breach, the 7722 armour mechanic would make him too strong.

The reskin is unnecessary, as it is very powerful and probably wouldn't be used as their main weapon anyways as they wouldnt be able to tank damage.

The weapon i have in mine is either the MP5 or the Nova as they are both used by GSD and would fit well, the Nova could be used with the P80.

I was talking about making a reskin so the batton would make a bit more sense than a sword. Also on the armor/weapons depending on how the scp is balanced if you lean towards ranged combat yeah I'd agree with removing the armour mechanic I talked about but if we fixate on 912 only having a big ol stun stick I think he should have it but not on the same level as 7722.

KalebStar

Aug 10, 2023
-support
However I do agree that 912 should be buffed during breaches I believe that adding a tranq gun to 912 may cause balancing issues for D-Class basically adding an immortal riot officer.
My experience on the UK server is that the tranq gun is almost never used unless people are trying to arrest someone togather with IA. I get the criticism since getting tranqued is annoying but at the same time its either get tranqued, arrested and put back into dblock or being sent back into dblock by 10 GSD magdumping you.

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
I was talking about making a reskin so the batton would make a bit more sense than a sword. Also on the armor/weapons depending on how the scp is balanced if you lean towards ranged combat yeah I'd agree with removing the armour mechanic I talked about but if we fixate on 912 only having a big ol stun stick I think he should have it but not on the same level as 7722.
I think that he should get a second weapon, 1000 armour, and a speed buff.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
His def needs a weapon change when breached at least an AR or some better weapon.

KalebStar

Aug 10, 2023
His def needs a weapon change when breached at least an AR or some better weapon.
Depends what you want to focus on with 912. If you want it to shoot things yeah give him an AR or some other weapon police/swat use.

François "Napoléon"

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Feb 16, 2023

Nova would be too strong however. it can one shot cqc and since 912 is a tank they could just run up to someone and blast em in one shot.

KalebStar

Aug 10, 2023
Nova would be too strong however. it can one shot cqc and since 912 is a tank they could just run up to someone and blast em in one shot.
Arguably it would create a playstyple around 912 when breached since the person playing needs to know how to aim and manage ammo in the magazine along with the option of just staying away from the man just like any other. I mean as 7722 and 076 you dont have to aim you just go up to someone and two or one shoot them

Foxatron

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Apr 16, 2022

Suggestion Denied

Hi ,Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The reason that we have denied this suggestion is because we feel that SCP 912 is powerful enough due to him being a low level SCP that is easily accessible to new players.
Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as Denied

kind regards

Foxatron​

Status
Not open for further replies.