Denied A new way to refund Type-Blue's

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: This adds a way to refund type blue, how do we do this with out screwing the system you may ask? I suggest creating a seperet non visable in F4 menu type Blue job in that staff can switch people over to if they get RDMed or metagamed or bugged, etc.. with out screwing up the regular time coded one..

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

1. New way to refund type Blues
  2. Could be used for events
  3. And people could get their role back if a rule break happend that lead to them losing their role

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Non.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It has happened to me many times before were someone rule breaks and that leads to me losing my role that I am playing on, that really ruins the fun and even if the staff member wanted to refund he couldnt. that is because it will break the type blue timers. So with this suggestion, the time would remane normal.

Reactions: Aura
May 2, 2023
+Support

I personally think this would be more convenient method to refund players TB as they are being lately metagamed so hard based on by looking at their HP and goes "oh this guy feels weird man" and proceeds to call up 5+ gensec over on TB d-class that they still don't know if he is really TB OR NOT in character.

Reactions: 'Blue'
May 2, 2023
-Support
POV: you made this suggestion because you got RDMed or METAed as a TB a couple of times
There is nothing wrong with this suggestion, Infact this is an healthy suggestion and it's valid by all means.

People are infact metagaming like crazy when they see a player with 500hp and goes "ah this dude is weird , alright I need 5+ gensec surrounding this d-class for a single test" ?

Reactions: 'Blue'

Babalowa

May 17, 2022
+Support

I personally think this would be more convenient method to refund players TB as they are being lately metagamed so hard based on by looking at their HP and goes "oh this guy feels weird man" and proceeds to call up 5+ gensec over on TB d-class that they still don't know if he is really TB OR NOT in character.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
This has been denied before.

I think the reason was. If staff do this. It breaks the job and its coding

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait
This has been denied before.

I think the reason was. If staff do this. It breaks the job and its coding
If you read the suggestion, it won’t break the job cuz it’s a mother job it’s a copy of the TB job but it’s just for refunds and only staff can switch you on to it

Jonas Enry

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
If you read the suggestion, it won’t break the job cuz it’s a mother job it’s a copy of the TB job but it’s just for refunds and only staff can switch you on to it
I think it’s coded with the reality bending jobs though I doubt it would be implemented soon with darkrp shave released recently

Of your three reasons to do this, 1 & 3 are the same, and 2 is not really needed as GMs can already turn people into reality benders for events by giving them the reality bending swep.

This isn't really high priority, I'm not eager to add a way for this to be refunded in the first place due to balancing reasons - it's just further extending the amount of time type blues are online for. I don't want to have to program a way to 'hide' jobs either.

I'm not eager to add a way for this to be refunded in the first place due to balancing reasons - it's just further extending the amount of time type blues are online for.
The only time TB would need to be refunded is if they were killed outside of the rules; you're not "further extending the amount of time type blues are online for" if their time on the job was never supposed to end?

I'm no coder, but you can already force ERT waves to spawn in, right? Is it very difficult to implement an identical sort of thing for CI and Class D type blues? Or maybe even just a command to remove the TB cooldown like the !menu command to force an SCP breach.

Once again, I don't know if the above is possible but I'm pretty sure there's more than just one way to go about this aside from the one that you seemingly aren't keen on doing.

The only time TB would need to be refunded is if they were killed outside of the rules; you're not "further extending the amount of time type blues are online for" if their time on the job was never supposed to end?
Talking about the fact it resets hp / destabilisation time unless we track that and set it back to its original value.

Status
Not open for further replies.