A pickle for the knowing ones (Swanson goodbye)

Dr. Swanson

Jul 24, 2022
Good evening,

7 months ago Dr. Swanson entered into the foundation having absolutely no clue what he was doing and 7 months later it still very much feels that way. I have many reasons for wanting to leave that I will not bore you all with but I am officially leaving CN at least when it comes to consistently playing, Dr. Swanson may still visit from time to time but I wouldn't recommend counting on it. Before I go into the rants I primarily wanted to do for this I wanted to give a shoutout to some of the great people I've met on this server as is tradition for these.

Les Claypool/Leaf Ericson/ Resident madman/"Swanson info breach event happening in 5..": Truly the reason I stuck to this server, when I was just a wee little junior researcher the now dead Les Claypool was there to properly introduce me to everything important about the research department and actually made writing multi paragraph essays seem entertaining enough for me to trick myself into becoming the Director of Research

Biggz Bonez: The second person who ensured I got to where I did on the server, after Les Claypool mysteriously vanished he was there to take his place. An absolutely amazing director and executive that really got me wanting to put effort into this server and was always chill to hang around with.

Kings: My partner in crime though it all, from senior researcher to site command stood by my side as a friend and partner in anything I decided to put my mind to and always brought amazing rp to the server.

Hikov: An always had absolutely amazing RP, really pushed me when I was director to truly use my power to its proper extent and was always chill to hang around

Sage: While I wasn't as close to him as the last ones listed I am very proud of his commitment to the positions he put his mind to and how quickly he shot up the ranks when he left my executive team

Crow: Someone who always know how to walk the line between being goofy and actually doing his job, good leader

Abbie: Someone I didn't get to talk to much while on the server but every conversation we've had has been quite nice

Jules: The best chairman of ethics I have seen on the committee and was always super approachable for any issues as well as being extremely goofy to be around.

Oren: Was always really cool to hang around both in and out of the server

Manson/Crispy: Has so far been a really effective -1 and was certainly a effective Site director and -4, easily approachable and always ensured things were done effectively and in a proper manner.

Ms. Halo: Absolute enigma I have no idea what goes through her head, super fun to talk to but I would never turn my back to you, officially the most powerful person on the server (trial game mod)

Éléanor/D.O.C Bot: Was always lovely to be around and talk to both in and out of the game, was sad to see you leave

Muffin: The one and only good chef was always really nice to be around and gave me better milk than the tap water bullshit the foundation sells me

Hound: Was one of the only SL I truly felt I could speak my actual opinions around, created really good RP as his time as O5 and the events he hosted

All of A1: I had way to many names to list so I will just do all of you in a big list, by far my favorite regiment to be around and not just because you were forced to be nice to me but because you are all delightfully goofy in every way, lets hope there isn't another mass exodus

Garry Davids: Was a really cool guy, sadly he went insane around SCP-035 and had to be mysteriously taken away

Terry II: Based

Okay now for the rant, basically everything I think NL could improve on/I don't like about them that I didn't feel I could speak my mind about as O5

More than anything it is communication, from the US perspective it is repeatedly assumed time and time again that NL has a direct bias against us and this is for various reasons but ill keep this simple. Cloak it does not matter how many examples you bring up of how behind the curtain you dealt with people treating US unfairly or mocking US or how you and ventz are trying to do what you can to help and its for a very simple reason, you only ever point these things out or try to act like US matters to you when you need to specifically defend yourself or the UK side as a whole. Every interaction I have seen from UK SL+ has been openly antagonistic towards the US side without either of you intervening in any public manor, yes you deal with these things behind the scenes and reprimanding these people is great but we need an actual voice from you, US is met with constant criticism from UK with "US Moment" becoming a constant and reoccurring theme and NL has done nothing publically about this, but when the US vents to themselves about something they believe UK is responsible for you come immediately swooping in to defend them. US assumes NL+ does not like us because all you do is say you are going to fix a problem, say you are going to handle it, say you care about both sides equally but not once have you publicly came to the defence of the US side in anything. If you want US to trust NL and the executive team and actually go to you about issues we may have with SL/NL you need to act like someone we can talk to because the only times you ever show interest in US is when UK is attacking us and you are backing them or you feel the need to remove someone.

TL;DR: If you want us to trust that you aren't just going to pick the UK side in everything because they're UK you need to actually show it, not just "Its going to be/It has been handled" you need to publicly defend US just as much you do UK and yourself.

Secondly with communication somewhat ties into my previous point but is less argumentative, again Cloak has constantly repeated the "If you ever have an issue come to me directly" and the issue with that is the fact that at least from the US perspective as I have not been on UK long enough to judge, people are always very hesitant to contact SL for any reason especially the community leader himself. I suggest if you truly want feedback from the people find out ways of reaching out to groups of people so they can talk instead of just telling them to randomly Dm you.

Tying into this is something I picked up on after the various incidents with A1 and that is that SL+ needs to learn how to pull actual criticism and things they can work with out of the people randomly venting instead of this "You said fuck me therefor none of your points are valid and I will continue to do nothing about it attitude" which to be fair is really hard to do, when someone is doing nothing but saying how much they hate x its hard to pull anything constructive out of it but again from what i've seen SL+ has repeatedly ignored completely valid arguments because they were expressed in a way that was directly hateful towards who they were talking with about it. Someone being an asshole should not be a reason to ignore their concerns, stop trying to defend your actions and character and try to actually try to ascertain what their issue is. You only ever show up when people are actively attempting to vent about an issue and are clearly upset there is no way you are going to get a constructive point so dont act like them being a dick in an outburst suddenly makes what they are trying to say mean nothing.

A man sits in a chair overlooking a doorway with his hands folded in his lap, gun in hand

The now former O5-5 enters the room and sits across from the man

A: Quite the stunt you pulled there John, did you really think I wouldn't find you?

J: Of course I assumed you would, but it's better than going back to the O5s you know what they'd do to me. Eventually they'll figure out that body is just an assistant

A: Fair enough, always the ruthless bunch. Still it took way more resources than I care to admit to clean up that mess, all for what?

J: I was such a good O5, when it came to how I handled myself anyways always made sure to stay out of any incidents and troubles. Had to go out with a bang.

The man stares blankly at Swanson

A: What is the plan now?

S: Depends on what you let me do

A: I will allow you to leave this room, this building. But after that what happens is up to you John.

S: Generous, well then I better get going.

Swanson leaves the building guarded by two unknown MTF units and drives away from the building. When he will be seen again is uncertain.

New email received! Seems its from command..
(This entire doc is ooc don't attempt to use anything in it IC)​

Last edited:

NeoAltra

Jun 12, 2022
Goodbye Swanson, and thank god someone finally said something. Your rant perfectly sums up the issues I had that also poisoned my time here. It's one of the thing that ultimately made me leave.

Reactions: Dr. Swanson

Starling6

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 15, 2022
Site-65
Goodbye -5.

May the Council stand tall; and you dissappear between the cracks.

Good luck with Endeavors of future.

While you and I might not have been close, you were a inspiration.

TheBigOgre22

Jul 13, 2022
Well friend it's been a hell of a ride and I wish you luck with where you go. And you are right that Garry Davids guy sure was a crazy fella. See you around Swanson

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
Goodbye -5. While I never talked to you prior to your entry into the O5, I absolutely enjoyed serving under you. You were up top with my favourite O5s in the council I served under and I appreciate someone finally speaking up for us. I wish you luck with whatever you try to do man, so long.

Last edited:

John Iceland

Donator
My personal favorite O5 to converse and work alongside. This truly is a massive loss to the US Server which should hopefully help shine a light through the fog of issues so that they may be fixed eventually.

Best of luck heretic, And may your future endeavors bring nothing but gain.

Jmoskee

Jul 13, 2022
o7, truly were one of the better O5 to server under. Props to addressing the elephant in the room as well. Myself and many others have also grown tired of the same issues hence my departure from A1.

AbbieApple

Aug 30, 2022
Oh Swanson, Ill miss you alot. You have always been kind to me and we have shared quite a few laughs together. Thank you for speaking the truth, it takes guts but it'll be worth it once things start going ahead. Thank you for your service, you grew so much on this server ❤️ Best of luck with everything!

Epicap

Jun 14, 2022
Time alongside you always made me laugh. I'll miss getting on to hear you have done something crazy with A-1. Only fits their father has gone out for milk one last time...

Goodbye Milkman o7 I'll miss playing with you.