A.R.A.'s Goodbye

A.R.A.

Sep 30, 2022
Site-56
This is something that I have been thinking about for some time now. I'm not really too sure how to go about this, and this is rather difficult to type, but I can start off by saying this:

This community has been amazing to me.

I was able to meet a lot of incredible individuals during my time here. I really do feel that I made so many great friends that have left a lasting impact on me. This was one of the only online communities that I truly felt a part of, especially after being given the opportunity to help manage Research with the outstanding people here.

In general, this server made me realize that I'm capable of more than I thought of, especially when it came to tackling new problems and expanding upon new ideas. I really wasn't expecting to get so into this community, especially since I hadn't been involved with the SCP fandom in years, nor was I too keen on roleplay. Despite that, I've been with this place for half a year now, and honestly, it feels like it's been a lot shorter than that.

This has seriously been a great journey filled with many ups and downs as I progressed through Site-56, meeting all kinds of new friends and being involved with all kinds of wacky scenarios. However, as the time went on, the game started losing its grasp on me after the hundreds of hours I placed into it.

This has made me come to the hard decision of ultimately retiring from the server as a whole.

I may occasionally jump back on once every blue moon just to see how everything has changed throughout the months, but the passion that I once had for this place, the passion that had kept me around for so long, it just isn't what it used to be anymore.

With all of that said, I want to give a huge thank you to the individuals that really made this place stand out to me:

@Crow Kalashnikov - You were an amazing Co-Director of Research that greatly helped shape the department into what it is now, and an amazing overall friend. I'm happy to see you in the Ethics Committee after all this time. You've earned it.

@Lunaro and @Ghoully - You are the people that made me realize just how much I could accomplish here at Site-56 with the help of others. I'll never forget how the three of us lead Icarus-4 into prosperity, and I wish the best for you two.

@Christopher Kings, @Jam Ma and @Sage Corleone - These are the Executives that really got me interested in continuing with Research, and those that served as the most influential mentorship figures on the entire server for me. I'm glad to have had y'all back when I was a goofy and clueless Junior Researcher.

@jhonny G, @MrBadger, @Cactus_Lady, @TheBigOgre22, @Sleepino, @Leaf Ericson, @Jinngle, @Suspect "khan", @stee ven, @(Craig Deez) and @Epicap - You are some great people that really made the server fun for me in my early days and all throughout. Y'all really helped me get into the community, and were some of my first friends here. Thank y'all for being awesome.

@"The Heretic" and @Biggz - You two really showed me what it means to direct a department, serving as incredible examples in leadership and professionalism.

@LittleMsStupid and @Pulsewalker - Some of the best members of the Council during my time. You two seriously helped both I and Research out during times of need.

@Jules and @Hound - Both incredible members of Server Leadership, and individuals that truly care about the community. You've both been very helpful to me whenever I needed help from SL.

@CatWithAGunXIV - If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have even applied to become a Director of Research, and I most likely would've stopped playing the server a long time ago. I haven't forgotten that.

@NeoAltra, @Caesar Kuznetsov, @Randalls, @MakoBun "Joker", @AzraelAODTR, @John Iceland, @JohnCSmith, @Liam Thompson and @CatFish - Some of the best Executives I could ask for during my time looking over Research. Seriously, all of y'all really helped out with the Department, and you were all great friends to me personally.

@Shadjust, @Dan McCarthy, @crossblinx, @Yukiri, @raptor and @blood - My medical days of the Foundation wouldn't have been nearly as impactful if it weren't for y'all. Medical is what really got me actively into the server in the first place. I even remember back when my ultimate goal was to become a Combat Medic. Those were good times, and you all were some of my earliest friends who helped me in the community. [HH-3 is still the best regiment.]

@Starling6 and @Richard - Both incredible members of Site Administration that really helped with Research, both as Advisors and Directors. I'm very glad to have worked with y'all.

@Foodeater - You are easily most talented modeler I have ever met. You helped me expand A.R.A.'s character by tenfold with that awesome model you made, and I won't forget that generosity.

@AbbieApple, @Sir Barry "Caesar" and @Canoon - Y'all are the best representatives of the Ethics Committee, and were incredibly helpful whenever I needed anything.

@Cheese Cooper, @Archie Bambozzini, @McApple, @Chan and @Kai "Void" James - Seriously some of the best agents that Site-56 has to offer. Buying IA merchandise from a robot and being apart of Operation Confetti was super fun.

@"Nexus One" and @Robin Trinket - Incredible members of GENSEC's leadership. You two really helped bridge the gap between Research and GENSEC during my time as Director.

@MrSiens and @Millzy - Two amazing Directors of Research from across the sea. It was a pleasure working with both of you during my time as Director of Research at Site-56. Seeing just how our respective Sites differ was super interesting to me.

@RadMomm - You are one of the most positive and overall nicest people I've met on the server, despite the fact that I've never heard your voice before. Terry II for O5.

@Lightsoulist - Arguably the most ancient active member of server, as well as one of the most genuine, down to earth people I've gotten the chance to be around. I still think about that conversation we had in the breach shelter sometimes.

Special mentions to members I couldn't find on the forums - Sr. Researcher Josh Andersen, Sr. Researcher Isaac Lewins, Sr. Researcher Scrim, Sr. Researcher Meka Meeseeks, Doctor Maxwell and Doctor Shanice Skinny.

I'm certain I've missed a few individuals. There's a lot of names to remember, and it's early in the morning. Nontheless, you are all greatly appreciated, and I'm seriously lucky to have met every one of you.

Thank you, again, as a community. It's been an honor to have met you all, and I'm so glad for what we've contributed to this server together. I won't forget the times that were spent here, and this experience will always be something that I remember back to fondly.

I wish the best of luck to you all with whichever paths you each go down in this life.

It's been fun.

A.R.A. Entering Sleep Mode

Attachments

• ara - no bg.png
    ara - no bg.png
    348 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Lunaro

Oct 23, 2022
Thank you for your friendship, your leadership as DoR + Executive, and so much more. Seeing you step up + do so much in the Facility was amazing to see, all the relationships you built, and I know for a fact that you left the Department in a better state than it ever was. Twas an honor to work alongside you!

Stay campy. We'll stay in contact. Best of luck to you in all of your future endeavors. ❤️

Reactions: A.R.A.

Ghoully

Oct 1, 2022
I'm gonna miss you so much ARA. Remember to Stay Gold.
Secure. Contain. Protect.

Reactions: A.R.A.