Ace's Captains Application [UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:616457412 or 64 bit: 76561199193180552

Discord name:
Ace_63

For how long have you played on CG SCP: I have 242 hours on SCP-RP Screenshot 2024-01-23 201606.png

In what country are you located?:
England

Time zone:
GMT

Character name(s):
Ace Linguini "Spades"

Civilian name:
Samuel Sirloin

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
SCP-RP UK

Do you have a mic?: Not a usable one
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Nu-7 PVT (Holding), E-11 PVT (Held), CI Alpha (Held), SCP 096 (Holding)
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
Yes
image_2024-01-23_202335806.png
-
Why are you applying for Security Captain?:
I originally applied for captain as a one-off because I thought I was good enough. I was mistaken, however, as "good enough" isn't what I should be as a Cl4 GSD! Cl4 GSDs are the best of the best, not just "good enough." I was oblivious to think that "good enough" would cut it. I'm applying for captain now with fresh eyes to take on the responsibility of a Cl4 and the jobs that come with it! The job of a captain is to help his GSD in any way he can, risking his life not just for his squad but for his family; that's what being a GSD captain means! I want to be one of the best, known for being there and known for professionalism, activity, and dedication. I'm enjoying GSD and doing a good job at it, so why not take on more responsibilities and move up from officer?
-
What makes you suitable for Security Captain?:
Since the 10th of January, I decided to start a streak: GSD officer every day only. By the 23rd of January, I have been on GSD Officer for multiple hours each day. Recently, I have played a bit on Nu-7 and a bit on 096! The streak ends on February 6th; that was when I planned to make the application so I knew I would be ready for GSD Captain! But a recent talk with the CoS made me realize that if I think I'm ready, I'm ready. I'm suitable because I have the commitment to improve and understand. During the past twelve days or so, I've commanded a sweep, and I even oversaw a tryout; in addition, I have gained the SRU license and the HWL license, and I'm not stopping until I receive all of them. I'm suitable because I've put in the work and will continue to put in the work whether or not I make captain! Deciding everything with the code of ethics in mind.

-
What are the responsibilities of the Security Captain in RP?:

GSD Captains have a long list of jobs and responsibilities as a Cl4; a few include:

-Granting D-Class work permits

-Helping new GSD get the swing of things, outlining tips and tricks

-Coordination with Senior Forces to ensure D Block is run with little to no issues.

-Hosting different tryouts such as SRU and HWL for people to receive licenses

-Hosting sweeps of D Block and giving people different stations to man

-While this might be quite a list, I will ensure each and every one of these is always done! Without fail!
-
Please give some lore about your Security Captain character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Ace Linguini "Spades" lost his wife and daughter 12 years prior to joining the foundation. When he lost them, he lost everything with not a thing to his name; he clawed and grasped any memory of them that he had. He couldn't let go. After a while, he fell into a deep depression until the foundation came. They listened, they helped, they said the problems of the mind are not the problems of the soul; they promised help. Ace Linguini was hired as a GSD Cadet due to his past military experience. He quickly climbed through the ranks from cadet to guard and all the way to a GSD officer! He felt he had made it; he felt his family was proud of him, and he felt he belonged here. The job was tough, sure, but he knew he could do it, so he doubled his hours, ate, slept, and worked in the foundation! The Foundation was his home, his sanctuary from the issues of his past. He was good at it; some would say the best! He wanted to take on more responsibilities, aiding the Foundation to return the gift they gave him, so he set his eyes on captain.

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023
Note:
This past month I've been thinking about my notes section right here. I put in work and time I commanded a sweep and oversaw a tryout.
Everything Ive said in this application ive meant I want to help GSD as a whole most captains know me most ive given a good impression I hope.
I have really enjoyed playing this game since the moment I joined I knew there was something here and it was something good. Apart from occasional bugs I truly love this game, this server and GSD especially GSD I help cadets and guards who need help im serious in serious situations during the grind ive been doing I have been keeping track of some scores:
IA Jail: Twice, on chef
Staff warns: 2 since start of the grind
Licenses achieved: 2
I believe ive acted professional and in an appropriate way for most of my time. It would be greatly appreciated if I was told how to join headhunters as I want to make sure I’m as prepared as possible!

-Kind Regards
- Second best Ace

Last edited:

AceDiscounti

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 14, 2022
+Support Ive actually seen improvement from this guy. He's been a lot more professional as of late and actually seems to understand the duties of an officer pretty well. I also allowed him to run a sweep in my absence(I was doing a tryout) and he actually preformed quite well and had high praise from all his comrades. I feel like with the proper training and motivation he could be a really great captain.

Reactions: Ace 63

Gungus Gunlips/Grog Leo

Oct 18, 2022
Yooo Ace,
Soo yeah 2nd time applying the last time my reaction was pretty negative so lets see if this is more positive. So lets begin with your warns idk if you got those warns on gsd or not but never the less Metagaming is a little big thing when we talk about gsd like a D-Class with a weapon or 3 brutes running in showers with one of them having a weapon, So that is something you have to show that you dont do that. 2nd thing is that last time I have interacted with you, you didnt listend to what I said to you and just ignored it and ordered everyone around. Like idc if you do that if no one has given you the order to do something so yeah. You also had a bit of a oopsie in GSD comms when you called some cpt's pookie. So work on that aswell for some good things you do call things out in gsd comms like airlock being opened and D-class with guns. For most reactions on Cpt apps I say those things you can learn when on the job but for you not really you need to learn that Cpt isnt only ordering peeps around and standing at the window in D-block(we do that allot but we are just busy with external docs then). This is a pretty long reaction alr so this is where im gonna stop before it looks like the bible.

This will be getting a Big -Support (Not massive just big)

Matt Black

Jan 5, 2024
+Support He really held onto his promise and maintained his serious tone. He also successfully performed a sweep, demonstrating his capacity to be a leader.

Mr. Pondanski

Nov 13, 2022
Sweden
+Support mega +
+ Literally my G and he's really just amazing
+ Knows a ton about GSD
+ Really active
+ Suitable for captain (good leadership and is just made for the job)

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023
Yooo Ace,
Soo yeah 2nd time applying the last time my reaction was pretty negative so lets see if this is more positive. So lets begin with your warns idk if you got those warns on gsd or not but never the less Metagaming is a little big thing when we talk about gsd like a D-Class with a weapon or 3 brutes running in showers with one of them having a weapon, So that is something you have to show that you dont do that. 2nd thing is that last time I have interacted with you, you didnt listend to what I said to you and just ignored it and ordered everyone around. Like idc if you do that if no one has given you the order to do something so yeah. You also had a bit of a oopsie in GSD comms when you called some cpt's pookie. So work on that aswell for some good things you do call things out in gsd comms like airlock being opened and D-class with guns. For most reactions on Cpt apps I say those things you can learn when on the job but for you not really you need to learn that Cpt isnt only ordering peeps around and standing at the window in D-block(we do that allot but we are just busy with external docs then). This is a pretty long reaction alr so this is where im gonna stop before it looks like the bible.

This will be getting a Big -Support (Not massive just big)
Thanks for the feedback il try and focus on these flaws and get them hammered out! Also the metagaming was in regards to a Kayla kidnapping (bind was broken) I believe an E-11 said she missed an EOC meeting or maybe it was EEC I cant really remember regardless Ace Discounti was right to give the warning!

Kind Regards,
-2nd best Ace

MiQrzs

Donator
Dec 4, 2022
Dear Ace,
we need to discuss some important topics here. I appreciate you being online often on GSD and putting the work into the GSD as it is something worth noting, however, as i was looking through your application and interacting with you in person i am not pleased. First of all, i have noticed you have very recent warnings and one from 8 days ago which is not a long time ago and you have aquired 3 warnings already in this month. In GSD Metagaming is unfortunately a big problem so i want to adress that. Now moving into the more serious teritory, i have noticed that you have promoted atleast once your application in ooc saying that you are applying soon, this suggests that you are promoting the application which is not a good thing and because you want to join the GSD Leadership team, this is not a good thing to do. I have also seen you being unproffesional in comms like Grog Leo has pointed out and this is another thing that i would not want to see in a Gensec Captain as this, simply put, is unproffesionalism. I also want to point out that if you are applying for the GSD Leadership you should not just be playing for 3 weeks straight and then thinking that it is enough experience to apply for Captain.

For these reason you will be recieve a -Massive Support from me.

Last edited:

LaserDust

Jan 16, 2023
U.K
Hello Ace,
Let's Start with your warns, you have 3 Recent warns for the month of January 2024. Metagaming is a big thing. You tend to not listen to orders and sometimes ignore them. You called a captain "Pookie" in GSD comms, but you can work not to do that. Futhermore you have Good Calls and the last time i spoke to you you were adequate. I will say also to watch other captains when they do their job, and "follow" what they do. I Also would not like to see unprofessionalism from you. I do not feel like you are fit to be a GSD captain yet.

I will Give you a -Support.

• Haha
Reactions: Prplex and Ace 63

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+support
frequently on gsd and always see him trying his best

Elijah "Xenon" Kamski

Sep 17, 2022
Site-65
Greetings, @Ace 63
As the new captain in the gensec force i decided to give you -Support on this application for the following reasons.

Positive support
-Active

Neutral support

-N/A

-Negative support

-Sometimes does not follow orders from other Captains.
-You have recent warnings.
-You shown some toxicity towards others. (including captains)
-I have never seen you take a leadership role (like hosting a sweep with captain's permission)
-Promoted application in OOC
-Unprofessional.

From what i have seen, you have a long way to go before becoming a captain, please take some time and study what is the role of captain about, its not just playing officer for 2 weeks and hoping that will be enough, you have to be professional and competent for this position as its CL4 position.

This feedback is not here to harm you on your jurney to become a captain, but to give those reading the application a feedback from the member of the community.

Best of luck on your application and have a good day,

-Captain Elijah Kamski

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023
Greetings, @Ace 63
As the new captain in the gensec force i decided to give you -Support on this application for the following reasons.

Positive support
-Active

Neutral support
-N/A

-Negative support
-Sometimes does not follow orders from other Captains.
-You have recent warnings.
-You shown some toxicity towards others. (including captains)
-I have never seen you take a leadership role (like hosting a sweep with captain's permission)
-Promoted application in OOC
-Unprofessional.

From what i have seen, you have a long way to go before becoming a captain, please take some time and study what is the role of captain about, its not just playing officer for 2 weeks and hoping that will be enough, you have to be professional and competent for this position as its CL4 position.

This feedback is not here to harm you on your jurney to become a captain, but to give those reading the application a feedback from the member of the community.

Best of luck on your application and have a good day,

-Captain Elijah Kamski
Thanks so much for the feedback in regards to the sweep Ace Discounti has vouched I did the sweep and those participating spoke highly of me also on overseeing tryouts I’ve now done two total one with captain ted and one with captain Trent scope! Could you clarify on where I showed toxicity to a captain?

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Thanks so much for the feedback in regards to the sweep Ace Discounti has vouched I did the sweep and those participating spoke highly of me also on overseeing tryouts I’ve now done two total one with captain ted and one with captain Trent scope! Could you clarify on where I showed toxicity to a captain?
I can also agree as I was there during those sweeps and your conduct was good

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023
Note: this application is basically doomed a warn 8 or 9 days ago is too close to the date of submission I have clarified that Kayla who I said in comms I haven’t seen missed an EOC meeting which was said by an E-11! I will reapply if this gets denied because captain is my dream in the server currently!

FortuneF

Jan 26, 2024
+Support

Ace you've helped me a lot since I got onto base being flexible and enthusiastic about your duties while making better use of your time while helping me to sharpen my skills to be more efficient and productive. With all the leadership , determination & serious commitment you've shown not only me but a lot of other cadets , I believe you've become more valuable to the community and made a bigger contribution for the overarching expectation that your superior command members expect you to perform by.

{I might be a newbie/new to the community but most of the negatives or "differ" comments from the other players/community members I have not seen/had an encounter}

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023
+Support

Ace you've helped me a lot since I got onto base being flexible and enthusiastic about your duties while making better use of your time while helping me to sharpen my skills to be more efficient and productive. With all the leadership , determination & serious commitment you've shown not only me but a lot of other cadets , I believe you've become more valuable to the community and made a bigger contribution for the overarching expectation that your superior command members expect you to perform by.

{I might be a newbie/new to the community but most of the negatives or "differ" comments from the other players/community members I have not seen/had an encounter}
Thanks for the feedback which cadet were you again?

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023
+Support Ive actually seen improvement from this guy. He's been a lot more professional as of late and actually seems to understand the duties of an officer pretty well. I also allowed him to run a sweep in my absence(I was doing a tryout) and he actually preformed quite well and had high praise from all his comrades. I feel like with the proper training and motivation he could be a really great captain.
-Support, Too many captain Ace's

Just kidding, you're alright my guy. +Support
+Support mega +
+ Literally my G and he's really just amazing
+ Knows a ton about GSD
+ Really active
+ Suitable for captain (good leadership and is just made for the job)
+support
frequently on gsd and always see him trying his best
+Support

Thanks for all the supports guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.