Denied Add a cooldown timer to the Primary HCZ Entrance elevator

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Morrow

Jun 1, 2023
What does this suggestion add:
Adds a cooldown to the button functionality on the elevator leading to HCZ. Not a long one. Maybe 5 seconds or so.

Possible Positives of the suggestion:
Could prevent people from getting stuck inside the elevator shaft behind the door at the top because someone was impatient and pushed the button before everyone made it through, potentially saving someone from falling to their death. Not to say that it is always impatience. Sometimes, it's just someone outside of the elevator trying to call it without realizing that it had just barely hit the opposite side of the shaft. Also (This is basically the same point.), it gives people more time to get on and off which seems to be needed, especially for researchers hauling 3 D-Class around. It may also help with escaping D-Class using the lack of a cooldown to just ride up and down to avoid capture, and well as prevent any trolls from slamming the button over and over because (It's fun!).

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
What negatives? I guess if the cooldown is too long, it could be an issue. But, that's easily fixed by adjusting the cooldown if needed.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because Stone Cold said so? No seriously though, the pros greatly outweigh the few and almost negligible cons. Unless I overlooked something, this should be easy to implement and have potentially no drawbacks.

Lord_Fr3ze

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Mapping Team
Content Team
Jan 3, 2022
This has already been implemented in the upcoming map update, I am currently awaiting new models from Foodeater for 106's Containment, after that I will be able to compile the map and release it.

Glazzing

May 31, 2023
Des Moines, Iowa
Please yes for the love of god, also make it not need a jump to get out of the elevator (Makes SCP-173 unable to enter heavy through the elevator without calling staff sit)

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
This has already been implemented in the upcoming map update, I am currently awaiting new models from Foodeater for 106's Containment, after that I will be able to compile the map and release it.
Are you actually going to add a purpose to the random cl5 bio doors or are they just going to be usless doors throughout the map.

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Moving to denied as this is already being implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.