Accepted Add a few new things to the server.

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LEONMORRIS46

Jun 17, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Well, I would like to suggest adding a few new things to the server, I know some of it may seem a bit hard to achieve, but I'm just giving some suggestions, I would love to hear some feedback from all the possible things we could add to the server! so here we go:

Suggestion Section 1:

- Three More SCP's:
SCP-082
("Fernand the Cannibal") - Would be a great asset to the roleplaying aspect of the server, would be really cool to see someone trying out a French accent and just chatting and just having a laugh, then suddenly killing a D-class because he interrupted his story. would be really fun to see and would be a breath of fresh air to the server.

SCP-2901 ("Mothman") - Mothman would be a surface SCP, with all that space to fly, I think it would be really cool to have a flying SCP, of course, it would only have a melee weapon, to swoop down and attack people, would be really fun to see!)

SCP-420-J - Could just Spawn around the map randomly, would just be a fun little thing to have, (one-time use, could heal and give armour, but makes you hungry*Munchies*)

Suggestion Section 2:

So that was the SCPs... next on my list would be for Exec. Researcher+ to inject SCP with Chemicals, I know, I know... It's a mechanic that has been removed because of some people that abused it a long time ago, so let me explain why I think why it would be a great idea if you could bring it back!

Reflecting on the Past: Lessons Learned

You may recall that the Injecting SCPs with Chemicals mechanic was once a part of our SCP-Server experience. However, its removal was prompted by instances of misuse and disruption. Recognizing these challenges, we have diligently crafted a more robust framework to ensure that its return is characterized by responsibility and oversight.
A Strengthened Approach: Collaborative Authorization and Ethical Oversight
To mitigate the potential for misuse and ensure ethical handling, we propose a meticulous authorization process. This process would empower Executive Researchers+ with the consent of four key pillars of our community: Executives, The Director of Research (DoR), The Ethics Committee, and high-ranking members of the Mobile Task Force (MTF Major+). This multi-layered approach guarantees that Injecting SCPs with Chemicals tests is undertaken with the utmost professionalism and ethical consideration.

Here's how the revised process could work!

• Authorization Document: let's say a Senior Researcher interested in conducting injection experiments would be required to draft a comprehensive document detailing the experiment's Aim of Experiment, Methods, Hypothesis, Findings, Conclusion and ethical implications. This document must obtain signatures from an Executive, the DoR, a representative from the Ethics Committee, and a designated MTF Major+. This thorough review process ensures that tests are well-founded and ethically sound.
  • Limited Authorization: Senior Researchers+ who fulfil the stipulated criteria can formally request permission to conduct an injection experiment. This prerequisite ensures that experiments are conducted by experienced individuals capable of managing the intricacies involved.
  • Whitelisted Authority: Additionally, we propose confining the injection ability to a select group of classes (e.g., Executive Researchers+), thus restricting the privilege to individuals who have demonstrated both expertise and ethical responsibility. This approach eliminates the potential for unauthorized or haphazard injections.

Suggestion Section 3:

As a Researcher, this next topic is very close to home for me, and many others. Chemicals, we need more Chemicals, or perhaps, just more chemical combinations. When conducting chemical experiments, some of the SCP blood don't really mix with anything and basically creates...nothing! let's take SCP-966's blood, for example, it's absolutely useless! it does nothing. I would have loved to see it make or do something, same with some other blood or chemicals, so how about creating something new with those types of blood we already have? some new abilities? for example, let's just add SCP-966's blood with I don't know... Oil? Water?, whatever, and then create a chemical that actually lets you turn completely invisible for 30 seconds after drinking 100mls, (let's say you can't interact with anything to make it fair) I think it would be a great way to just eavesdrop on conversations, would make a great chemical to do raids. getting chased by MTF? Just pop 100mls of that stuff and turn invisible, *poof* you're gone! it would just add a little more fun to the server! so again, how about just adding new Chemicals and giving the stuff that does nothing, a chance to DO something?

Suggestion Section 4:

again, From the perspective of a Researcher, the PC and Printers need a huge rework, there's no HUGE problem with them, but it could be a tad bit better.:
- Printers: Maybe instead of 3 token printers, perhaps 5 token printers? it's really annoying when I have a meeting and can only print 3 documents when I have 5 people in a room, so how about adding 5 tokens to the printer tokens? if not how about just making the wait a little shorter? Instead of waiting for half an hour, just make it 5 minutes, (us Researchers are very busy, we need our documents! :ROFLMAO:)

- PC: The PC Scipnet, Upload Document settings are great! the only thing that bugs me is that when I upload a document, I can't find it, It's gone into a different realm, not impossible to find, just really tedious and something that could be fixed and make the Researcher Experience better. so to sort this out how about you have 'your own page', where you see the document that you've uploaded and what grade it has been given, I think this could easily be sorted out and would make a much easier way to navigate the PC program.

- Document Storage: another one, when you print out a document, you get all the signatures you need, you put it in a file cabinet and log off for the night, only to come back to the same file cabinet that you put your document in to go missing, so now you need to go through all that work of getting the same signatures from different people all over again. it's annoying, so how about private document storage, kind of like the inventory storage space, but for documents, would make it easier for everyone, and you know it will be safe from theft.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
the overall experience would be much more fun, and easier. there are more things to explore! With Sections 2, 3 and 4.

Section 2: It would open a lot more doors in Research, and would give the Executives a bit more work, which is fun! Also for the new players that have never experienced injecting SCPs with chemicals, it gives them a new insight into what happens when injecting stuff into an SCP! again with the past problems, this is why I'm suggesting only Executives+ can inject Chemicals into SCPs, why only executives+? because we can be trusted. also, it's a smaller group of people to point fingers at, if for example SCP-096 was injected with a chemical, that makes you 10 feet, (I don't know this is just an example) you know who to blame, you know they're the only class who have that whitelist to be able to do that, so I suggest the misuse of injecting SCP without correct authorization and documentation will be instantly banned from the job for 2 weeks, this will send a great message, and it will then allow the proper usage of injecting SCP's.

Section 3: almost everyone I speak to about Chemicals, they always say the same thing, "More Chemicals, that would be amazing", so why not? it WOULD be amazing. I don't know how hard it is to code, and also I just want to thank the coders/Devs for this amazing experience to be able to make really cool things like make chemicals, there ARE a lot of chemicals, there's no denying that, but maybe lets just a few more new ones in? so the positive about this is that there would then be new different experiments, and also SCP's that don't really get tested on will now always be tested on because of what kind of chemical it could make! there are a lot of SCP that don't get enough love and I feel if we could make something cool out of their fluid, then it could be a game changer!

Section 4: It would just be an easier fun experience for all the researchers, just the navigation and file placement is a shambles, just a quick fix to sort this out, thanks.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Section 1: adding new Classes, finding the right skin etc, I know It's hard. I really don't want to put pressure on the Devs, that's my only real concern, the server is great! but maybe 2 or 3 more SCP would just freshen things up a little!

Based on the :love:Positives:love: & :mad:Negatives:mad:, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I've talked to a lot of people, and they all agreed with what I said, some were very enthusiastic about mine and other people's ideas, I actually went around the server and asked about 20 - 30 people 'what they would like to see on the server' and they truthfully said this to me, most of these ideas are from the server, I really want to whoever runs the server to just give us a chance and perhaps, change it just a little, I really want the best for this SCP server, It's fun, When I come back home from work after a heavy lifting job, all I want to do is play on this server ( it drives my Fiancee to the wall! :ROFLMAO::p) I just want to see it do well, so that why I would love to see these added to the server! I want to help and so do others!

Also, Out of pocket requests, Probably will never happen! but! this is why i left it till last! another server but SCP-3008 "Infinite Ikea" doesn't really have to be "infinite" just a huge massive room, full of shelves and boxes with different loot about that you can loot and put in your inventory, just thought that would be a fun idea, like a separate game.

Anyways, whoever decided to actually read all this, I just want to say thank you for listening to my and other people's ideas! Hopefully, one or two things will be added to just change up the server! I would also love to hear some very detailed feedback! Would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks,

EXEC. Researcher Leon Beck

One of the Johnny's

Apr 4, 2023
UK Server
+ Support, Although i believe SCP sampling actively makes the game worse (in terms of how every test is just sample for 30 minutes, yaaay!) i think your other ideas are a net positive, also great SCP ideas. I never even thought about how well 082 would fit.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
In the frequently ask suggestion. MTFs GOIs and SCPs wont be accepted and they will decide what goes in or out on there own time. Or something similar to that.

And Suggestions that suggest like 7 different things get denied alot

Reactions: LEONMORRIS46

Padisha

Aug 5, 2023
+support many good suggestions that are thought through. Good luck content management.

LEONMORRIS46

Jun 17, 2023
Hello, please update your suggestion to follow the suggestion rules: "Suggestions should be made for 1 feature or 'rework' (a rework can be e.g. a collection of suggestions about a single department or MTF), please do not group up multiple features or reworks into one
Fair enough. I'll do this in a bit. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.