Accepted Add a quick fill/empty option for centrifuges

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Random K.

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 8, 2023
Site 54
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
A quick fill/empty option for centrifuges

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I searched for 'centrifuge' and got no similar results

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Centrifuges are by far the most annoying, and time wasting part of chemistry, would make it quicker

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Makes creation of some chemicals 'easier', as the tideous process of filling and emptying every vial one by one would be skipped

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
At the moment, all chemistry options are quite simple and could perhaps even be considered a fun and reasonable time investment
For centrifuges, it doesn't just take long for the chemicals to mix, but it is also an extremely annoying and time consuming process to empty all the vials and fill them up to then put them inside again.
Having an option to quick fill/empty vials in a centrifuge by interacting with it while holding a beaker or flask would make it a lot less frustrating.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Support
but how do you propose this works? not like on an exact technical level, but like

let's say i wanted to make some anima. i have my 1L of 323 blood and i have my 1L of anomalous bone marrow. do i just go up to the machine with flask in hand and each click puts 50ml in every empty vial?

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support
At the very least, there should be a quick empty option for the centrifuge itself, where you press the button and it dumps all of the vials out of the centrifuge onto the floor at your feet.

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
+Support
but how do you propose this works? not like on an exact technical level, but like

let's say i wanted to make some anima. i have my 1L of 323 blood and i have my 1L of anomalous bone marrow. do i just go up to the machine with flask in hand and each click puts 50ml in every empty vial?
+support was thinking of proposing this. button that puts 50mL into each vial from the container in your hand. Quick empty to put contents of every vial into held container.

Reactions: Zen

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
+support but just remove the centrifuge in its entirety, causes way to much lag on the server and takes my precious living minutes

• reaction_title.7
Reactions: Eizaas

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
I FUCKING HATE THE CENTRIFUGE MADE ME GO INSANE WHEN MAKING CLASS-E
+Support

Reactions: Zen

StockOfCrates

Nov 8, 2022
+SUPPORT
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO THIS CENTRIFUGE IS TOO DAMN LABOR INTENSIVE FOR LARGE QUANTITIES

Lightsoulist

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 23, 2022
+support
The centrifuge vials are an absolute BITCH to fill so please.......... for the love of god add this shit

Dr. Ternith Plague

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Dec 13, 2023
+Support, massively
I don't think you realize how much this would DECREASE the amount of lag and frame drops we'd have if we did this. The current method involves pulling all vials out, filling them up one by one, and then putting them in one by one.

It sucks. Like. It sucks. Both frames and gameplay-wise.

Reactions: Niox

Dr Random K.

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 8, 2023
Site 54
+support was thinking of proposing this. button that puts 50mL into each vial from the container in your hand. Quick empty to put contents of every vial into held container.
Id say 25ml, since thats how much you can usually fill into a vial at once

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Approved

Hi Random,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.