Denied add assassination weapons that wont be noticed during a search for d class

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
adds a hairpin that lets you break out of cuffs silently costing 500 scrap that cant be seen or taken off of you in a search
adds a poison needle that kills guards 30 seconds after being hit with it that can be used while handcuffed and cant be searched for 1000 scrap
adds a new d class called d class pickpocket that can take a guards keycard without them noticing with just a touch only 2 slots must be level 40 d class to use
Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
allows d class to actually escape during testing for a high price by letting them kill the guards covertly poisoning them without them realising and escaping cuffs without notice making dealing with d class during a test an actual challenge because currently cuffs and restraints are overpowered and have no counter

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
makes gensecs lives hard im sure they would complain daily about these if added
could be overpowered in some senarios if a d class uses it to take over heavy containment

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
i think these need to be added to make d class fun again how many times has a d class been able to escape during a test as of late the answer is almost never because cuffs are simply op this would give d class hope and an actual way to fight back by assassinating the guards with poison

• Haha
Reactions: AstroHD

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
you guys dont seem to understand developers can just nerf it if its overpowered it will just take some time to get a good balance though trial and error i just want to see some d class actually escape during a test 99 percent of the time now they cant because how do you break out of cuffs and fight multiple guards when you have no weapons and they search you to make sure and they can hear you breaking out its not fair cuz theirs no counter its just to give them a small chance so they actually can do it and once again if its op it can just be nerfed lol

i just want to see some d class actually escape during a test 99 percent of the time now they cant

To which the answer is

It's meant to be unbalanced, it isn't meant to be a fair fight for D Class, they're literally prisoners they shouldn't have a big chance to win fights
you are a prisoner going against a force equal to that of a small army it shouldnt be balanced dclass should rely on tricks and deceit to win not brute strength
I feel as if the whole point of rioting, killing guards, etc.. is that it's meant to be difficult, making it more fun/rewarding, because if it was otherwise then it would take away from RP. Also, I'm against something that allows you to break out of cuffs, it sounds fun in theory but it would be a huge nightmare.

They are meant not to be able to escape that 99% of the times you mention. That makes the remaining 1% actually feel like an achievement and a challenge. Once again, if they keep escaping constantly, it ruins the experience for all non combatives, who also deserve to enjoy the server. Keep in mind it's a roleplay community, there are plenty of other alternatives where you can just have a fair and square fight without actually having to roleplay if that's what you aim for (which really seems to be the case).

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
you guys dont seem to understand developers can just nerf it if its overpowered it will just take some time to get a good balance though trial and error i just want to see some d class actually escape during a test 99 percent of the time now they cant because how do you break out of cuffs and fight multiple guards when you have no weapons and they search you to make sure and they can hear you breaking out its not fair cuz theirs no counter its just to give them a small chance so they actually can do it and once again if its op it can just be nerfed lol
Dude the last time they was buffed even slightly they kept getting out and 3 hour riots happened

Reiner Zufall

Aug 1, 2022
I'll be honest gensec have already enough problems, this would lead into 2 hours long riots i don't think that they can handle that, researchers would have to wait for much longer because of this. As a d class lvl 50+ myself i can tell you that d class are smart enough and they causing enough chaos already.

Status
Not open for further replies.