Nosey | Curious

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Jul 20, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[Have ISD Spawn with metal cuffs as well as elastic restraints]

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[Not to my knowledge]

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
[ISD often has to arrest when no ISD is available. Both O1 and A1 are involved in grabbing high-level foundation members, and as such these cuffs would make it much easier to do so. Most ISD grab metal cuffs when they need them, but having them spawned in would be much more useful]

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[This may encourage ISD to interfere with IA work, as they will be given the impression of increased arresting responsibility]

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[Would allow ISD to detain people easier and save time having to grab them from dispensers each time]

Reactions: Prplex

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+support
Sometimes elastics can be finicky and are harder to use and can allow people valuable time to do stuff such as panic button or attempt an escape and overall metal cuffs are just easier in a lot of situations. Also significantly easier to use if its just you trying the arrest because you can't hold them at gunpoint and elastic them. I also think it's fairly minor change and would've replace IA as unless it's a major factor violation isd don't often arrest people like that. Just think it would be a small but handy qol and it fits with their internal security role

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
-----Support
-Spawn with Elastics, Interro Tool, Best Guns, CL4, and you want more?
-ISD just isnt IA. If you need them for something, buy them like a normal person.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
hmm
-/+ Neutral
i get why you want it, but... ehhh. also, assistants spawn with both kinds of cuffs, if you have an assistant with you, you can get them to metal cuff if you're like on cooldown.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
-support

ISD isn't internal affairs, they are fine getting them from the dispenser when needed
I don't think isd can actually use the arrest menu right? I believe that's ia only and sometimes it's better to arrest people where they stand if it's something big than order an arrest

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
I don't think isd can actually use the arrest menu right? I believe that's ia only and sometimes it's better to arrest people where they stand if it's something big than order an arrest
Both A-1 and O-1 can use the arrest menu, along with assistants and SC.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Both A-1 and O-1 can use the arrest menu, along with assistants and SC.
Oh maybe it was just broken when they re did the interior to ia then

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
+support A-1 / O-1 enforce the code of conduct / ethics and its annoying getting cuffs every time we need to arrest someone

holymilk

Nov 12, 2023
+support: ISD can issue arrests already like IA can, so yea they deserve handcuffs so they too can enforce CoC or ethics without needing a dispenser. Only bad thing I see is that handcuffs take up the slots where assault rifles usually are, so it might be a bit annoying to have to scroll past (at least thats a problem for me, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.