Denied Add one additional job slot for Site Command Assistants

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epicap

Jun 14, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
One additional job slot will be added for Overseer Assistants and Ethics Committee Assistants bringing each to a max of 3 on-site at a time.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
This is a request that the O5 / Ethics on US side have consistently heard since we have no cap on how many assistants we have, there are not enough slots for available players to use. This would put us back to 3 assistants on each side on site at once, which would be how it functioned previously without issue.
To reiterate, it would fulfill the unanimous request by the US O5 and Ethics.
It would allow players to actually be able to get on their job.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
By only adding one slot on each for a job where we train and trust assistants, I don't believe that an issue of size would be a factor, but that's the only slight issue I could think of with this.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This is a minimum effort job slot increase that does not require additional content and would satisfy many players needs on the server. That's low effort / high outcome productivity at its finest.

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
This has been said multiple times before, we don't accept 'add more slot' suggestions that use 'there aren't enough slots for players' as a justification, the point of a slot cap is to help appropriately control roleplay ingame by ensuring we don't have too many of a certain group or rank running around on the server. We don't increase caps just because they're being hit constantly - that's their entire purpose.

You haven't really provided any other logic to support this, a suggestion to change the slot cap based on 'because the cap gets full' generally gets auto-denied unless you explain why it is actually needed and how it will affect RP on the site.

Not passing any judgement on whether it should be increased or not so please don't reply to me with "wtf clok you always auto deny IDIOT", just saying you need to give a better reason, seeing thread #512 asking for a job cap to get increased "because there aren't enough slots" gets a bit monotonous.
I would like to point out that after SL downsized Ethics and O5 there has been a significant drop in activity from both sides. Having more assistants can and will fill in that gap. Just my opinion.

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
My Personal Opinion, is Assistants are the direct bridge between the Site and Site Command. Providing more opportunities for more Assistants on could help provide a stronger influence of the Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics, specially in terms of trying to enforce said doctrines.

Not to mention, Site Command heavily utilize said assistants to provide deep dives into departments and regiments.

Reactions: Wonka and Dalton

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
+Support
-i only see the same assistants all the time and i barely see assistants having more could engage in more roleplay and do more of the O5 and ethics needs.

Wonka

Donator
Jul 29, 2022
+support

having more asisstants on at the same time would be very nice indeed.

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied
Hi @Epicap,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because whilist it would be nice for you to have more players so that more people could play, it is still not a good enough reason on why we should add an extra slot to this job. On another note, similar suggestions have been denied for these assistant, as we believe the current number of slots are fine as it is.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

• Angry
Reactions: Dalton
Status
Not open for further replies.