Denied ADD RP BACK TO TESTING

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura

Game Master
Game Master
Aug 12, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove
This would add a few things back to SCPS like 1:Letting people inject SCPS with chems and other things that would help people RP during tests with having to go the extra mile to even do so. The devs would choose what to add and what to just keep in the ideas area until they are either thrown out for being god awful or used later when the time is right, It could also add things like the ability for SCPS to do certain tasks like sit down,eat food,Etc which would all allow for better RP and that also goes for the GOI's like GOC and CI who could learn more about stuff from the SCPS

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?
Not to what I know but I could be wrong due to that fact that I have not looked at any so far.

Possible Positives of the suggestion
1:Better RP during tests without people having to write long worded /it's and without having to come up with lore on the spot
2:Allows for real research to happen and for people to learn more stuff on SCPS and how to either contain them better (foundation) or terminate them (GOC) or maybe even let them get class-F'ed and then forced into the CI for like one raid, All things which just make doing tests and playing with SCPS all the more fun and not just text walls that have to be read and then just written down by some poor low rank

Possible Negatives of the suggestion
1: The amount of dev time it would take to add all of the changes in and make it harder to get the more needed features but could be handled by either adding less of the features at once orl putting them into the backlog to be worked on
2: People abusing this and doing dumb shit with it like injecting an SCP with 106 while there not breached and being TPed outside of there CC or someone injecting 073 with 008 and then getting infected with 008 and then saying it was an accident or several other things people could do which would take admins time to sort out

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted
This would let people RP during tests instead of just sampling or just sending in a D-class to touch an SCP and then leave the containment chamber, Also could make testing for D-class more fun as you get to see new things. Along with people being able to research and not just take samples from SCPs which is what testing has turned into on most GOI's, even if they don't add all the ideas at once it would still be cool if they added a few of the features or even just one which could help bring research back to life from getting samples from SCPS just to farm chems into people testing out new ideas and seeing out how two SCPS react to one and the other

Reactions: fiski69

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
This suggestion would be cool, but /it's and /me's and people putting effort into the tests allows for them to make the scenario how they want, allows for extended RP for quite literally endless possibilties. Adding dev work to void this and make 1 preset outcome for a test for injecting an SCP with a chem allows for no RP extension

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
kinda half-agree, kinda half-disagree. mostly because of what naffen said, i think there could be iteration on the way SCPs work and interact with certain things just so everything isn't run off of /me and such, would encourage RP, would encourage events, would encourage cool tests (something research needs desperately) - but it also can't unreasonably conflict with it or reduce the level of possible RP. it needs to make it better, not worse.

this is also kind of vague, i get why. but unfortunately CT tend to prefer more specific things especially when it comes to screwing with any existing system - i mean you've given an idea without any real substance, if you could provide some examples of how these things could be altered and/or extended in ways that could encourage and enhance RP with SCPs, then that might probably save this suggestion from being denied imo

regardless, as far as the idea goes,
+Support

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support
Adding chem and other interactions would give a lot of opportunity for interesting roleplay and experiments around interaction of chems with SCPs.

To make this more interesting, it would be cool if different SCPs interacted with different chems in their own ways. Like, injecting 106 with 106 shouldn't do anything, injecting TG with something like Stable Quantum Matter or the other constituent of that which doesn't come from itself (Anomalous Matter) could maybe give it a temporary power boost or something.

Building on from the TG idea I just mentioned - an interesting idea would be making it possible to inject a Type Blue with Anonymous Matter (which, together with Unstable Quantum Matter, creates Stable Quantum Matter - or maybe just that chem itself) or something to stabilise it - would reduce its power but make it not decay anymore. Would make it possible to do some experiments with D-class Type Blues, could be used tactically by CI or something. That's a suggestion of it's own that could be built on.

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
Honestly I never knew you can't use chems on SCPs now. Big +support since I killed 682 once after he was injected with decaying matter.

Aura

Game Master
Game Master
Aug 12, 2023
kinda half-agree, kinda half-disagree. mostly because of what naffen said, i think there could be iteration on the way SCPs work and interact with certain things just so everything isn't run off of /me and such, would encourage RP, would encourage events, would encourage cool tests (something research needs desperately) - but it also can't unreasonably conflict with it or reduce the level of possible RP. it needs to make it better, not worse.

this is also kind of vague, i get why. but unfortunately CT tend to prefer more specific things especially when it comes to screwing with any existing system - i mean you've given an idea without any real substance, if you could provide some examples of how these things could be altered and/or extended in ways that could encourage and enhance RP with SCPs, then that might probably save this suggestion from being denied imo

+Support
It would not remove that but it would allow for both those people and people who can't larp so well to still RP in tests

Aura

Game Master
Game Master
Aug 12, 2023

+Support
It could add the ability to inject SCPS with chems as I said but also let SCPS really interact with each other by letting them hurt each other (Only when not breached), Let them use there SWEPS on each other and let player SCPS have the effects of Non-player SCPS

Aura

Game Master
Game Master
Aug 12, 2023
This suggestion would be cool, but /it's and /me's and people putting effort into the tests allows for them to make the scenario how they want, allows for extended RP for quite literally endless possibilties. Adding dev work to void this and make 1 preset outcome for a test for injecting an SCP with a chem allows for no RP extension
Also as I said, It would not remove it but just allow players who are ass at LARP to do tests and have fun

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
+support

Ngl when I'm on a scp, if a mother fucker sends a D-Class in with a syringe and a pat on the back to just sample me with no other RP, that D-Class is dead if I can't get the researcher.

We're told to RP, not to let them get their samples and go.

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
I disagree with this sentiment quite a lot, /me and /it RP is essentially impossible without a game master present. The vast majority of researchers cannot have a gamemaster present at every single test they do. You could argue that the SCP could just do /me and /it back, that is just unbelievably boring, /me and /it RP without seeing a physical result is not good RP. I think the majority of people agree with me with the sentiment that standing next to an SCP typing /me ... and waiting for a response is not a very fun experience, the only way it is enjoyable is with a gamemaster present. For the argument of it would prevent potential RP with dev work, that is just not true. You could just do your /me RP instead of actually injecting the SCP with the chemical. All this suggestion does is allow lower ranked researchers who don't have a gamemaster watching over their tests to actually do some new and exciting testing, this does not impact researchers who want to /me an entire test.

+Support
Though a few chemical interactions would have to be ironed out and some new cool interactions could be made.

Mr_poptart

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 17, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi <Aura>,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

<This is seen not needed>

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

• Angry
Reactions: Zen
Status
Not open for further replies.