Partially Accepted Add SCP-SCP specific interactions for abilities, and enable "friendly" fire via that

Content that has been partially accepted
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Enable friendly fire for most SCP abilities. Add specific interactions for SCP abilities on each other, e.g.:
  • 173 cannot target SCPs with the teleport kill, but can target them with left click - does a certain amount of damage, not instakill. Sentient SCPs with eyes contribute to it not being able to move (so TGs, 035, etc. stop it, but 096 and 939 don't).
  • 939 can hear other SCPs moving and bite them. Bigger SCPs like 682 would be more audible/etc. They should attack SCPs that they don't deem too big a threat for them, e.g. humanoid ones.
  • 106 can teleport any SCP that is around its size or smaller, but it is slower (maybe progress bar, hold click to do?) and specific SCPs have different reactions (e.g. 096 is pacified after exiting pocket dimension)
  • 8837 black hole has less pull on SCPs depending on their weight, so 682 barely moves, similar reduction for its levitate ability based on the same thing
  • 096 can be enraged and target any sapient anomaly that has eyes - includes 035, TG, 682, etc. but not 939, 173, etc.
    • Doesn't instakill, just does large amount of damage with long cooldown in between
    • If the SCP survives for longer than e.g. 1 minute after last seeing 096's face, they stop being a target
    • 096 players should go after these targets like they would any other
  • More specific 914 interactions for all SCPs?
  • Human-like SCPs can become infected with 008, but it has lesser/different effects. 076 becomes slower, coughs, gradually takes damage that it will eventually die of; 073 can't catch it; 035 has same effects as on a regular human, but becomes a final stage -2 instance upon fully turning; 106 has gets a visual effect on its player to indicate it is tired and has no teleport ability for the next minute or so until it clears up.
  • TG can only target SCPs with their abilities when the SCP is low on HP and the ability interaction makes sense (e.g. you can't kill non-terminable SCPs, so no dissolve or head pop for them)
  • 049's attack temporarily slows other SCPs and does a decent but not huge amount of damage, while 049-2s can hit SCPs with their melee attack and do their regular amount of damage
Specifics of interactions would be up to CT and devs to work out what is most balanced, what makes sense, what is feasible, and what is most interesting.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
There was a previous suggestion for simply enabling friendly fire on SCPs, which was denied for the possibility of accidental instakill crossfire (here). This suggestion is different as it also includes adding specific interactions between SCPs, rather than simply enabling friendly fire and leaving them as normal. Any interactions should be implemented in a way where SCPs are balanced when fighting each other (e.g. no instakill between any SCPs), and they can't accidentally waste their abilities in a way that is annoying (e.g. 173 can't teleport attack other SCPs, otherwise it would accidentally target potential allies and it would be very annoying).

This suggestion covers all of the listed problems in the previous denial, and also adds more features and interesting interactions.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • Adds much more interesting possible cross-tests, with a variety of different possible interactions between SCPs
  • Makes breaches more interesting - SCPs might choose to fight each other, where it makes sense. Teaming isn't essentially enforced, so they can work against each other where it makes sense (e.g. 7722 might fight 076 depending on how they view each other, 106 might fuck with other SCPs because he's canonically a dickhead, 096 would attack other SCPs for viewing its face, but might give up if it turns out to be impossible). This makes SCP breaches more interesting and RP-based than they currently are, and also may sometimes make them less of a pain to deal with during mass breaches if some are fighting each other.
  • Makes mass breaches slightly less of a huge PITA to deal with, as SCPs both may deliberately fight each other, and may cause each other some damage due to accidental crossfire.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Dev time to implement specific SCP ability interactions
  • May make breaches less of a pure "kill all humans together" thing, which some players like, though this is subjective and in my opinion it being more RP-based this way would be more fun.
  • Balances SCP breaches slightly more towards the humans, though this probably won't make a huge difference and the new opportunities for RP and gameplay are worth it in my opinion, and it wouldn't detract from the overall experience for anyone
  • Requires balancing work by CT to make sure no SCPs are too much of a problem for each other

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This would make cross-testing massively more interesting, as it's often quite boring/non-sensical (e.g. an 096 cross-test just turns out to be "the SCP looks at 096 and nothing happens", and the same for most SCPs as they can't do anything to each other). It would also make breaches more RP-based and potentially much more interesting, as SCPs might skirmish with each other on the way out, if not outright battle each other - neutral/partially-hostile SCPs might bargain with each other "we work together to get out, and then we go back to fighting", or they might attack each other for various reasons. Breach-specific stuff would be up to the SCP players, but it adds a lot of potential, and can make breaches a lot more interesting and tactical than they currently are, both for humans and SCPs (maybe an MTF member might lead 076 to where they know 096 is, maybe 8837 might use levitate to boost an SCP somewhere, who knows).

"Ghost"

Nov 20, 2023
+Support
So much great RP could come out of this, especially cross-tests.
As a good example an 073 and 076 cross test was attempted, in lore every time such tests happen 076 immediately attempts to kill 073 and in the attempt dies. Due to the no FF with SCPs this can't happen.

To date the only way I've seen SCPs damage each other is if they're given other weapons by Staff

Reactions: Zen

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support
-this actually sounds like a fuck ton of fun with crosstesting

Alex/John Dingle

Donator
Sep 7, 2022
+Support,

But (maybe i didn't see it) there should be a way for staff to active friendly fire for scp's. Otherwise newer players could go arround fucking up breaches as SCP's

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support,

But (maybe i didn't see it) there should be a way for staff to active friendly fire for scp's. Otherwise newer players could go arround fucking up breaches as SCP's
Part of this is that I want SCPs to be able to fight each other during breaches. As long as they have an RP reason to do so, and the SCPs are balanced, that shouldn't really be an issue.

Neptune

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 4, 2023
England
-support
Not during breaches.

Only if a GM enables it for crosstests sure.
I feel like RP should be able to happen without the need for a GM every time we are an RP server not a wait for a GM to do RP server

Geronimo

Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
+ Support
Not in breaches though, whilst it would make sense for it to work in breaches, I can't realistically expect an SCP to target an SCP, and would hate to see people's 6 hour breach queue be ruined by a guy who simply targets an SCP over a player.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+ Support
Not in breaches though, whilst it would make sense for it to work in breaches, I can't realistically expect an SCP to target an SCP, and would hate to see people's 6 hour breach queue be ruined by a guy who simply targets an SCP over a player.
I feel like people are forgetting that this is an RP server, not a breach server. Even as an SCP, you should be carrying out RP in some way, not just killing everyone because "wooo, breach!".

Reactions: Rushi

Geronimo

Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
I feel like people are forgetting that this is an RP server, not a breach server. Even as an SCP, you should be carrying out RP in some way, not just killing everyone because "wooo, breach!".
I absolutely agree but that's the current nature of the server, without significant changes, it'll remain like this, and I am definitely not for minges going around and breaching solely to ruin other SCP's day

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Support
i think this will be thrown out for either like minge concerns (imo if someone was of the disposition that they're going to minge with this, they were likely to minge in another way anyway. this just makes it easier to catch. and then you can refund any ruined breaches) or technical concerns (as you mentioned the balancing, likely response will be that this is not needed, too much dev work for something that won't provide enough RP benefit to warrant it; too open-ended for minges to interfere with, etc.)

but i do like the idea of being able to friendly-fire as SCPs. why is SCP always a 'team'? why can't it be a FFA sometimes? what if 7722 thinks TG-A is a heretic? that sort of thing. i did also enjoy being able to kill 073 as 096 because that was a very fun bug.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
I absolutely agree but that's the current nature of the server, without significant changes, it'll remain like this, and I am definitely not for minges going around and breaching solely to ruin other SCP's day
This change would be part of said significant changes. There's no way for breaches to be anything other than complete passive RP or just killing everyone right now, and I feel this would significantly help improve the time most people have during breaches, as for e.g. any non-combative, it's just "stay out of the way, die repeatedly, not get anything done the whole time". If SCPs can actually interact with each other more, it provides more for the people playing SCP to do during breaches other than "kill, kill, kill", and it makes the experience more interesting for the human players around them who are observing/fighting them. The variety then also brings the opportunity for more/better RP.

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Approved

Hi Zen,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

We will be accepting this on the basis that this will only be possible when SCPs are not breached. This is to revitalise Research RP and give more interesting interactions for players to experience.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
This change would be part of said significant changes. There's no way for breaches to be anything other than complete passive RP or just killing everyone right now, and I feel this would significantly help improve the time most people have during breaches, as for e.g. any non-combative, it's just "stay out of the way, die repeatedly, not get anything done the whole time". If SCPs can actually interact with each other more, it provides more for the people playing SCP to do during breaches other than "kill, kill, kill", and it makes the experience more interesting for the human players around them who are observing/fighting them. The variety then also brings the opportunity for more/better RP.
that's actually an interesting though. 076 is a combat-oriented SCP. like, guy's a battle junkie with a preference for fighting the strongest thing in the room. so i imagine it'd be reasonable to actually like, have him ending up actually want to fight 682 in a breach situation - not like in terms of teaming with F, but you get the idea. i think that would also be interesting.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.