Accepted Add the Illness system from SCP to MRP (with slight tweaks)

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamal Dingle

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Event Team
Group Moderator
May 14, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
It bring the illness system from SCP over to MRP. For those who don't know it basically adds illnesses such as the common cold and influenza to the game. They give you side effects which worsen till they are cured. If you're close to an infected there is a chance of infecting you, which can cause an outbreak.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Doubt it

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Creates more RP for NWO,NATO and Civilians
- Gives people more things to do during Peacetime
- Gives medic/doctor jobs a purpose during peacetime

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Could be annoying during war (unless the code can be changed when brought over to MRP so that no one will be infected during war/base raids)
- Might take time to transfer over/write up the needed code

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think it should be accepted as it grants a large amount of roleplay scenarios to be created and explored across all factions on the server, aswell as an extra activity during peacetime.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
+support

I think adding diseases is a great idea, it could help increase rp for certain regiments such as SAS/STS causing outbreaks in enemy bases, or making it so people cannot eat raw meat!

It will also bring more reason for the medic job and to also add more use for the med bay which I have only used once! We should implement ways that only certain people who are trained can deal with these diseases

Great suggestion!

(If accepted I can’t wait to see this added in 2027)

Jamal Dingle

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Event Team
Group Moderator
May 14, 2022
-support seems like a pain for war, and just basic peacetime (if i got a illness, i could infect all of nwo + nato) could be MRDM without kill logs
Firstly it wouldn't be MRDM since it's a sickness outbreak an ingame RP feature. Secondly I don't believe any of them kill you. Also if you read I suggested for it to not be active during war

Jamal Dingle

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Event Team
Group Moderator
May 14, 2022
Neutral
A good idea, and concept, but personally, don't think adding new stuff should be the focus of devs, but fixing, and improving current content, and broken content, otherwise it's just more and more new stuff, and the stuff that's broken still broken
i get where you're coming from, but adding this shouldn't take too much of dev time. Even if it does, it'll greatly benefit the server so I'd say it outweighs the time put into adding the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.