Denied Addition to the Regiment Tab

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

It adds a button to the MTF/CI/GOC regiment tab where its a sort button, so like if you click it it shows options:

Sort: Active -> Inactive
Sort: Inactive -> Active
Sort: Default

Like that were it sorts people from active to least active or oppiset. If you click defult it shows the regular were commander is first up top etc..
Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

Not that I am aware of.
Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. Its really afficient
  2. Its a nice future
  3. It makes sence
  4. It makes MTF/CI/GOC CO jobs easier
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

None that I could think of.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Because its actually quite annoying scrolling through the regiment tab to find whos active and whos not. And as a CO it would be a really cool thing to have a sort button.

It adds a button to the MTF/CI/GOC regiment tab where its a sort button, so like if you click it it shows options:

Sort: Active -> Inactive
Sort: Inactive -> Active
Sort: Default

Like that were it sorts people from active to least active or oppiset. If you click defult it shows the regular were commander is first up top etc..
This seems arbitrary. There is no clear indication of what 'Active' or 'Inactive' represents in this instance. Additionally, activity requirements are not standardised across departments in the server. E-11 requires 3 hours over the past 3 days, Nu7 have their own internal measure of levels of activity, CI requires that you have been on at least once in the last 10 days. This would need more granularity in defining the threshold at which someone is active or not, otherwise the activity tracker will simply continue to not be used by departments like E-11, who's purpose it does not suit.

1. Its really afficient​
For doing what? The only people I know that use this feature right now is CI. E-11 and Nu7 have their own activity tracking systems for their needs, because the in-game implementation is ass - I mean if ISD use it, then sure, fine - But then this goes to my later point.

2. Its a nice future​
Finally realised you meant 'feature' here - Yes, I agree.

3. It makes sence​
Ok, I'll agree here, it does.

4. It makes MTF/CI/GOC CO jobs easier​
Refer back to my first couple of points. I'm an E-11 LT and have never interacted with this system because it's not fit for our purpose. What job of mine is this going to make easier? I agree that for CI, it's a lot of members to sift through and is therefore useful to them.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None that I could think of.
...There is the fact that it would take up dev time to actually go through the current in-game regimental tab and activity system, then make the necessary changes for adding this feature. And that's all without making sure to break important features of the regiment tab, such as transferring people into regiments, promoting/demoting & kicking.

If at all feasible and considered to be worth dev time, then I will +Support this, because this is useful to CI, but as far as I can see, this is only useful to CI (I mean, might be useful on US, too, but my point kinda still stands). Please try to get a measure of the audience you are making a suggestion for before actually making a suggestion for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.