Status
Not open for further replies.

Alias

Jul 7, 2023
In-game name:

Alias

Steam ID

STEAM_0:1:580018974

For how long have you played on our servers?

around 9 months back when I used to actively play the scp RP server.

What country are you from?

UK

Time Zone

GMT

Do you have a mic?

Yes

Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous ones:

This my first Dev app

Have you received any bans?

I was banned for exploiting. It was because I abused a hacking exploit to instantly hack
But I got in contact with cloak and he unbanned me after I reported 6+ exploits to him
and came clean about what I did. Unsure about the warns I have.

How confident are you with GLua? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide):

Front End(UI, Visuals etc) 5

Back End(Code that makes stuff work) 10

Do you have any experience with Git?:

Yea

Do you have previous experience as a Developer for GMod?:

Below I have linked my portfolio which shows most of my experience

Portfolio

How many hours can you commit to developing per week?:

This will really depend on what I'm doing. If I'm in college then around 10 hours a week.
If I'm not in college then more. But this can change depending on motivation etc.

Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?:

Overall I'm just looking for extra experience.
I feel like I can make a good addition to the development team. So I thought I would apply.
I am able to carry out 90% of the tasks and projects. That mostly require backend code. But with visuals I will need assistance.
Other than that I am fully independent or able to work in a team.

Take a look at my portfolio above or below which will give you a good insight on what I can do.
Portfolio

Stealth

Blacklisted Player
Dec 4, 2022
+/- Neutral - Leaning towards - Support

Aside from the code which looks okay as previously mentioned by Lion, however within recent days you have been constantly minging on the server as a tech expert, constantly running up to people with a knife, stabbing, killing and threatening them. After constantly doing this for over an hour I really don't trust your overall behaviours and engagement within the community for you to assume this position, especially with such responsibilities it involves.

Regardless of the above good luck,
Falcon

Alias

Jul 7, 2023
+/- Neutral - Leaning towards - Support

Aside from the code which looks okay as previously mentioned by Lion, however within recent days you have been constantly minging on the server as a tech expert, constantly running up to people with a knife, stabbing, killing and threatening them. After constantly doing this for over an hour I really don't trust your overall behaviours and engagement within the community for you to assume this position, especially with such responsibilities it involves.

Regardless of the above good luck,
Falcon
I've only received a verbal(for baiting) from playing within the past week. Not a single warn. If you feel like some of my actions was mingy or against the rules. Then you can make a complaint.

Hydro

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 19, 2020
I have some issues with what you've shown - pretty much all the code files you've shown is either client-side or shared code, I've not seen anything here that couldn't just have been ripped from other people's servers in the portfolio. Also, the only GitHub repository that you've got public has a single commit in it - again - very easy job to falsify by just copying and pasting into it. Not meaning to nitpick but the single file in the repository doesn't even have a file extension on it.

I just find this really weird, given that you've rated yourself a 10 in server-side code and a 5 on client-side, but you've only got client-side to show for it (with the exception of a couple of potentially server-only snippets which I can't validate weren't from a shared file). I totally understand that there's the potential for exploit hunting when server code is shared, but with the experience you have I assume you'd have something you're comfortable to show off.

it would also help if you enabled this setting on GitHub so that we can confirm the claims you've made in a screenshot on your portfolio document.

1699112972438.png

Alias

Jul 7, 2023
I have some issues with what you've shown - pretty much all the code files you've shown is either client-side or shared code, I've not seen anything here that couldn't just have been ripped from other people's servers in the portfolio. Also, the only GitHub repository that you've got public has a single commit in it - again - very easy job to falsify by just copying and pasting into it. Not meaning to nitpick but the single file in the repository doesn't even have a file extension on it.

I just find this really weird, given that you've rated yourself a 10 in server-side code and a 5 on client-side, but you've only got client-side to show for it (with the exception of a couple of potentially server-only snippets which I can't validate weren't from a shared file). I totally understand that there's the potential for exploit hunting when server code is shared, but with the experience you have I assume you'd have something you're comfortable to show off.

it would also help if you enabled this setting on GitHub so that we can confirm the claims you've made in a screenshot on your portfolio document.

View attachment 10933
I can't publicly show the server side code as its actively being used by a server. And I don't have permission to show the server side code from the server owner. I'm willing to show ventz or anyone handling the app server side code etc. For the repo only having one commit is cause i just uploaded the code so you can get a better look at the code rather than just looking at screen shots. While developing for the server that I have most of my experience from I would just directly upload it via SFTP. I have also allowed private contributions on my profile.

Last edited:

Herr Kvarkar

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 19, 2020
Application Denied

Hi @Alias ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a programmer application.

I have chosen to deny your application given that you have a previous history of exploiting of which greatly affects your trustworthiness and therefore my ability to trust you with access to our addons.

Status
Not open for further replies.