Denied Allow for Cabinets to be opened with KeyCards

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura

Game Master
Game Master
Aug 12, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove?

This suggestion would make it so that Cabinets can be opened with the Keycard for it (EX: CL3 for a CL3 cabinet, CL5 for CL5 Cabinet and so on)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?

99% sure not

Possible Positives of the suggestion

1-Makes it so GOI's can steal information from each other
2-Instead of kidnapping being the only good mean of gathering Information, They can steal it using Cards and DC's

Possible Negatives of the suggestion

1-Minges might abuse it and steal docs
2-Makes it harder for GOI's so secure documents

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted

This would help GOI's steal documents without having to kidnap or going through several loops just to gather Information

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
As GOC/Foundation have no good way of gaining info on each other (US GOC and FOundation don't kidnap each other) and how almost is on SCIPNET or Boards
Use assessment teams and blend in to gain information, or Start kidnapping each other to gain information?

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
You guys remember when CI did this and lost like all of O5s larp docs because they died immediately? I remember.
-support
Hurts RP too much (Although they should add the xray/copier thing or whatever it is for filing cabinets)

Reactions: Max Henry

Ember

Jan 27, 2024
USA
While I think the idea is interesting, it's the minges that ruin it for me. The USA Server is filled with them especially Techies and Chefs, if one of them get into the Archives then all is pretty much lost if they have a hacking device, so the each and every cabinet would need to have a hacking alert on it and I'm going to guess the DEV Time to make that would be long.

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
Why should there be only one good method for gaining info?
because it is the only fair and interesting mechanic that can lead to solid RP. Going in and taking docs when no one is on then leaving has no RP benefit and makes the information gained feel unearned. All your suggestion will do is make cabinets not used, and further bore GoI interactions.

Last edited:

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Or you can make it like 008 as in 10 DEA or 6 NU-7 have to be on to do it and you would need a Staff Member for it
Big -Support
It wouldn't stop minges if there's no stuff member anyway. Just opens up Big potential for document griefing

Merrick Travolta

Oct 18, 2023
A better way to do this would be to introduce a way of copying documents that allows you to keep sigs, and removing a cabinet that is not from your team only lets you create a copy of it.

Aura

Game Master
Game Master
Aug 12, 2023
While I think the idea is interesting, it's the minges that ruin it for me.
Possible make it so you need a Staff for it so AKA you gotta make a sit and then you can, On this note, Make them make a copy of it and put the copy pack before you take it

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Aura ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This would allow too much abuse and rule breaks which would be hard to track and investigate.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.