Denied Allow Riot Shields to Block Humanoid SCPs

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben10083

Jun 21, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Modification of Staff Ruling 2.09 to allow for use of riot shields against humanoid scps
2.09 Body blocking - Riot Shields can be used to body block players; they may not be used to block SCPs.
to
2.09 Body blocking - Riot Shields can be used to body block players; they may not be used to non-humanoid block SCPs.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+Shields allow for easier handling of breaches
+Riot Shields specifically have many drawbacks and vulnerabilities (can be shot at feet, jumped over if crouched, can be sidestepped to shoot at side)
+Easier to deal with type greens (At least their guns, I can't imagine the shield does much against magic.)
+Already done by most with shields, just ruling not enforced

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-Melee SCPs could be blocked by a shield (076 loses to RRT with shield if RRT at doorway)
-Can be annoying to deal with
-Without type green, good shield user can be hard to deal with

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Many already use the riot shield for this purpose, and it's impact I feel is not against the spirit of the server. It allows for more tactical play against breaches instead of just unga bunga rush down the scp with bodies, and with SCPs increasingly using ranged weaponry, gives the "Good Guys" a tool against it without breaking the rules

Also it makes sense that a humanoid SCP could be slowed down with a shield.

Oct 4, 2022
Other than maybe 035 since he’s just a regular guy until he gets weapons, this makes zero sense against most of the SCPs.
966 can phase through doors, so a shield isn’t going to stop him.
106 will just pocket dimension you anyways.
096 cannot be stopped by anything
049 would just have to touch you once to zombie you
049-2s I guess could work
7722 and 076 would go through a riot shield like a hot knife through butter. They don’t even protect from 7722s crossbow
The type greens can just pop your head if you’re in their way
The 9000s would also be at best slightly annoyed if you tried to stop them with a riot shield
912 I guess it could maybe work against until he shoots your legs
And 008, well… yeah good luck with that

This makes no sense in the case of most SCPs, and would be a nightmare to enforce staff wise.

-support

Ben10083

Jun 21, 2022
This makes no sense in the case of most SCPs, and would be a nightmare to enforce staff wise.

-support
I don't see how this is difficult to enforce staff wise, like you said most SCPs can easily counter someone with a riot shield, I just want it to not a rule against using it (but for SCPs like 682 its fine if that is not allowed

Landon

Nov 30, 2022
-support

008 breaches

Gensec with riot shield: STOP IN THE NAME OF THE LA-

Dies

That is the only way I see this suggestion going

ModernKiwi

Apr 7, 2023
New Zealand
Honestly, I think the only 2 SCPs that riot shields could/should be allowed against would be 912 and 035.
So specifically for those 2 SCPs I do support allowing riot shields to body block, otherwise I don't think it should for any others.

Regarding the argument that it would be a nightmare to enforce this rule change, I disagree if the terms specify 035 and 912 only. There could be situations where someone does end up body blocking another SCP, however, that should be easily handled with proper training, and if ignored warnings and punishment as standard for FailRP.

So +support but only for 035 and 912

Ben10083

Jun 21, 2022
-support

008 breaches

Gensec with riot shield: STOP IN THE NAME OF THE LA-

Dies

That is the only way I see this suggestion going
I don't think that saying GENSEC would just skill issue if the rule changes is a good reason for -support.

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi Ben,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This would be extremely unrealistic due to most SCPs having insane strength.
If blocked by a shield they would either break it or just break the hands of the person wielding it.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.