Denied Allow SCP's to fight eachother.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

One of the Johnny's

Apr 4, 2023
UK Server
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
As the title says i propose allowing SCP's to fight eachother within lore accurate reasons, let me get a few things out of the way first.
SCP's can choose not to attack eachother during breaches, unless they have a reason not to be able to choose. Such as 939 should not attack another 939.

If you think this massively nerfs SCP's, maybe but for the majority of breaches SCP's rarely interact much anyways, and those that do are usually the ones that are intelligent and can choose to team. 682 Alltough he wants to kill everything i think within reason can avoid attacking other SCP's so long they stay out of his way as he primarily wants to kill humans.

This is also usefull for crosstests or "Termination Tests", making them have much more interesting interactions. You could also give SCP's tools that can only attack other SCP's or are only really usefull against SCP's.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More interesting and fun SCP crosstests
Highly increased lore accuracy
Better SCP interactions
More Roleplay as SCP's

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Large rework = Large development time
Small nerf to SCP's breaching

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The benefits outweigh the negatives, alltough SCP's are slightly nerfed, as explained earlier they rarely interact and when they do its mostly intelligent SCP's. It allows for much more to do as SCP's than simply kill, though you still have the option to simply kill. I believe cross testing would be massively improved aswell, giving you more of a reason to do them.

Last edited:

One of the Johnny's

Apr 4, 2023
UK Server
honestly i see no need for this to happen outside of the crosstesting room, you can easily imagine some E11s hopping on SCP 939 ganging up on 682 because "they are pack hunters and 682 is their prey" purely to help their MTF friends end a breach
Wouldn't that be job abuse, also E11 is incredibly inactive. And thats not how breaches work, you have to wait long times to get breached and i doubt any E11 would commit to that, just to end a breach thats already happened/is going to happen.

Wouldn't that be job abuse, also E11 is incredibly inactive. And thats not how breaches work, you have to wait long times to get breached and i doubt any E11 would commit to that, just to end a breach thats already happened/is going to happen.
give me one good reason why two or more SCPs who breach together would ever see the need to (or even want to) fight each other?

One of the Johnny's

Apr 4, 2023
UK Server
give me one good reason why two or more SCPs who breach together would ever see the need to (or even want to) fight each other?
I don't really understand the purpose of this question, It's their choice if they want to or not. Unless its forced such as 939's not being allowed to attack eachother. It gives much more purpose to the cross testing chamber, and you have more options during breaches.
GOI's can take advantage of this or have more fun interactions.

Once the SCP's arrive all they do is mindlessly walk around for 2-3 minutes until they find a civillian to kill and repeat or get captured by GOI's, they could also start fighting eachother there.
I also reckon it would be fun to fight as SCP's.

Lore reasons; 90% of SCP's are unintelligent hostiles. Those that aren't usually fight if they have something to gain/hate another SCP.

So they can choose to if they want to, unless forced for the purpose of accuracy.

Mette Frederiksen

Nov 4, 2022
+Support
But i think it should only be in crosstests and not breaches because it would probably end up being heavily abused

I don't really understand the purpose of this question, It's their choice if they want to or not. Unless its forced such as 939's not being allowed to attack eachother. It gives much more purpose to the cross testing chamber, and you have more options during breaches.
GOI's can take advantage of this or have more fun interactions.

Once the SCP's arrive all they do is mindlessly walk around for 2-3 minutes until they find a civillian to kill and repeat or get captured by GOI's, they could also start fighting eachother there.
I also reckon it would be fun to fight as SCP's.

Lore reasons; 90% of SCP's are unintelligent hostiles. Those that aren't usually fight if they have something to gain/hate another SCP.

So they can choose to if they want to, unless forced for the purpose of accuracy.
Allowing SCPs to fight among each other would be like allowing MTF to kill each other whenever they want. It's a very extreme comparison purely to get the idea across to you. All SCPs are part of one team whose only goal is to kill humans.

As i've said, I wouldn't mind this in a certain boxed area like the crosstest room (or even on the surface since it's the SCPs choice to stay topside and not press F2 to escape) but allowing them to attack each other whenever they want will add no new meaningful interactions.

The only way I see this ending up is with a salty SCP who doesn't like their teammate for one reason or another killing them and getting away with it.

Feb 27, 2022
This would be heavily abused by minges..
096 murdering 049-2
939 murdering 076-2
etc

That's true though, what if maybe SCP pvp would only be enabled in certain areas like Cross Test area or on Surface, like that would be pretty cool, a battle of the beasts on surface, or what if the SCP would have to explicitly toggle SCP pvp on to attack and receive damage, (ofcourse it shouldn't be toggleable off within a certain timeframe to avoid abuse)

"Bigstone"

Jun 18, 2023
That's true though, what if maybe SCP pvp would only be enabled in certain areas like Cross Test area or on Surface, like that would be pretty cool, a battle of the beasts on surface, or what if the SCP would have to explicitly toggle SCP pvp on to attack and receive damage, (ofcourse it shouldn't be toggleable off within a certain timeframe to avoid abuse)
I think it should only be in cross testing chambers, since SCPs having to fight each other just after they escaped together + the overwhelming numbers of foundation and ci wouldnt be so good

World

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
May 31, 2023
honestly i see no need for this to happen outside of the crosstesting room, you can easily imagine some E11s hopping on SCP 939 ganging up on 682 because "they are pack hunters and 682 is their prey" purely to help their MTF friends end a breach
I mean, the 939's would still have to be breached. That situation is not possible.

I mean, the 939's would still have to be breached. That situation is not possible.
CI say "flag on 939", two E11 get on 939
D-class say "Flag on Type Green", E11 get on Type-Green
it's very easy for a situation like that to happen and besides, even if this situation wasn't possible (which it is), there's still other bigger problems and motives of annoying people that nobody can figure out

Nightmare

Oct 5, 2022
Like Communism, it sounds good in speach or text but will not work in a real world scenario. I dont see this working well but it is a good idea.

Auburn

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

The SCP SWEPs are not coded to be able to damage other SCPs, and it would not be a good use of dev time to remake an already functional addon. If you want to add more interesting interactions to tests, you can always contact a Gamemaster to assist.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.