Denied Allow SGMs or SL to grant temporary PAC access to people for events

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsoulist

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 23, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds a temp ulx rank or a command to be added to the server that only SGMs and SLs can use to grant temporary Pac access to players who are contributing to an event.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Because next to all events require PAC to be unique and good, sometimes events require help from others that don’t have PAC access, adding this would broaden the types of events that GMs can run without help from other GMs.
Would potentially open the gate for either server’s GM teams to do maybe do applications to have other players maybe be contributors to assist GMs in their events if they need help.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Could be abused by some corrupt SGMs and SL to give Pac access to their friends for a long amount of time.
Could have a bug if not coded right that it maybe last forever and may have to have intervention from cloak or ventz to fix which might be an issue with how clouded their schedule is right now(?)?
With more people using Pac it could cause server stability problems but I’m not a network developer nor an expert in anything about that stuff so I could be wrong.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
In my opinion it should be added as it could broaden the amount of events gms can do or allow them to do certain types of events easier. I had previous GM experience and I usually had to delay my events, the few that I did anyway, a couple days as certain people that I needed to have help me who had pac weren’t able to help me and because of that I couldn’t do them. This idea could allow gms to get easier help from the playerbase and trusted players who don’t have pac who they usually aren’t able to go to about it.

Last edited:

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
+support could be something like "Helper" rank that can be given for the duration of an event, maybe it should let you use a few ulx commands like !cloak or !god

RedSpeeds

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Mar 15, 2022
Helper rank already exists into the system and gives players prop and physgun/toolgun access as far as i know it wouldnt be super difficult into adding them to the PAC allowed list. And giving them more commands is just a matter of editing the ULX perms in game

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied
Hi @Lightsoulist,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because, whilist we understand this would be benificial in some events, it is also very likely that this could be abused.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.