Denied Allow termination of failrping civilians in base

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Allow the instant termination of civilians in base that are not allowed inside, this would not allow you to KOS MC&D, parawatch or rangers.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Don't think so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
It makes more sense in RP
I don't have to waste my time doing RP with people who arent going to RP properly anyway (they are failrping to begin with)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
People who failrp won't have as much RP.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
So to start off this is something that has actually been enforced (atleast on US), I only found out it was not allowed after a message from SL today.

1696212442892.png
1696212460034.png
1696212514005.png

I strongly believe this ruling makes no sense whatsoever, I can understand it being RDM to KOS civilians which are allowed inside for the sake of their gameplay, however, protecting civilians like gun dealers, surface chefs and surface medics with the same ruling is insane. RDM is defined on this server as shooting someone without valid RP reason, as a member of site security, if I found a civilian deep within the facility I would automatically assume they are some kind of spy, and if they made it that far undetected they are dangerous and should be terminated instantly, I wouldn't treat it like a catch and release program where I cuff him, class-A him and let him commit espionage another day. That's even if it is safe to cuff him, if I am alone by myself by 914 or something and I see a civilian I would have to risk my life to put my gun away and pull my cuffs out so I can cuff him, something that would be the worst decision possible in RP. Based on the third screenshot sent it seems the opinion is that it would make sense within RP to KOS a normal civilian inside however they are protected for the sake of gameplay, someone who is breaking server rules should not be protected for sake of gameplay. It is objectively more realistic to terminate someone who is tresspassing deep within a heavily guarded and top secret facility rather than catching them and releasing them back up on surface. It is also worth noting if someone is failrping to begin with they are not going to provide a good RP experience if you interrogate them, there is almost no reason to do it, and even then, they should be shot afterwards regardless instead of returned to surface.

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
+support
especially when civvies walk in then start a raid with all mp7 or mp5s

Caboose.

Sep 25, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Allow the instant termination of civilians in base that are not allowed inside, this would not allow you to KOS MC&D, parawatch or rangers.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Don't think so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
It makes more sense in RP
I don't have to waste my time doing RP with people who arent going to RP properly anyway (they are failrping to begin with)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
People who failrp won't have as much RP.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
So to start off this is something that has actually been enforced (atleast on US), I only found out it was not allowed after a message from SL today.

View attachment 10258
View attachment 10259
View attachment 10260

I strongly believe this ruling makes no sense whatsoever, I can understand it being RDM to KOS civilians which are allowed inside for the sake of their gameplay, however, protecting civilians like gun dealers, surface chefs and surface medics with the same ruling is insane. RDM is defined on this server as shooting someone without valid RP reason, as a member of site security, if I found a civilian deep within the facility I would automatically assume they are some kind of spy, and if they made it that far undetected they are dangerous and should be terminated instantly, I wouldn't treat it like a catch and release program where I cuff him, class-A him and let him commit espionage another day. That's even if it is safe to cuff him, if I am alone by myself by 914 or something and I see a civilian I would have to risk my life to put my gun away and pull my cuffs out so I can cuff him, something that would be the worst decision possible in RP. Based on the third screenshot sent it seems the opinion is that it would make sense within RP to KOS a normal civilian inside however they are protected for the sake of gameplay, someone who is breaking server rules should not be protected for sake of gameplay. It is objectively more realistic to terminate someone who is tresspassing deep within a heavily guarded and top secret facility rather than catching them and releasing them back up on surface. It is also worth noting if someone is failrping to begin with they are not going to provide a good RP experience if you interrogate them, there is almost no reason to do it, and even then, they should be shot afterwards regardless instead of returned to surface.
+SUPPORT!

Jack "Fubar" Daniel

Feb 10, 2023
+support, a simple support man makes no sence, para mc&d and rangers were always the only ones allowed in, we shouldnt make any difference for people not allowed in

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
im pretty sure this is an IC issue already, they're tresspassing and if are found in base are AOS if you KOS them it's an ethics violation, not really needed a suggestion.
I was under the impression this was the case however as the screenshots from a senior admin say, it is considered RDM

Derek White

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Oct 12, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Alpa ,
Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

Due to this being a staff issue of normal civilians going into the base this will be denied. If you do see this in game feel free to make a staff sit and a staff member will deal with the civi breaking the rules. If you have any questions about why this was denied feel free to reach out to me or another member of SL.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.