Content Suggestion Amnestics Re-Work

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Currently, Amnestics are handled, in my opinion, a bit poorly. With Class-A through D providing little deviation from "Less Time you remember." As such, I wish to change how the Amnestics work in game, as well as possible add more from Lore in order to help promote a unique play for amnestic usage.

So, here is how Amnestics work on the server, and what I suggest is changed about them, and to my knowledge, changing how Amnestics works should be easy, and a member of SSL should be able to do it without any Dev Time. This has all been tested with 100ml Doses, and 200ml Doses, both warrant the same effect. As such I believe 100ml is a good standard for each dosage to remain at their suggested changes.

Class-A = Current: 1 Hour Memory Erasure
Suggested Change: 6 Hour of Memory Wipe

Class-B = Current: 2 Hour Memory Erasure
Suggested Change: 24 Hours of Memory Wipe

Class-C = Current: 4 Hour Memory Erasure
Suggested Change: Specific Memory Removal

Class-D = Current: 5 Hour Memory Erasure
Suggested Change: Early Memory Wipe, or perhaps remove all memories except skills, To be unique, it does NOT need to change your faction orientation, it just provides a unique roleplay opportunity to almost factory reset some one.

Class-E = Current: Targeted Memory Wipe
Suggested Change: A Chemical that makes people view something that would be abnormal, to be normal.

Class-F = Current: Complete Destruction of Identity and Memories, allowing brainwashing and reconstruction of subject.
Suggested Change: None, this can remain as is, however I do want to comment the recipe to make this is annoying, AMX Conversion sucks.

939 Blood = Current: 3 Hour Memory Erasure
Suggested Change: 1 Hour Memory Erasure

With this being aside, I do have one chemical suggestion to add, just because it can be a useful chemical , that being the following...

Class-G = Suggested Description: Makes you doubt specific information to the point where you aren't sure if its true or not, essentially gas lighting your memory.
Suggested Recipe: Class-C and SCP-457 in a Vacuum Chamber.

Each of the amnestic changes will help promote the roleplay opportunities each can produce, instead of most of them being copy and paste with a 1 hour difference. This will give members of each GOI and the Foundation to help pick and chose what type of amnestic roleplay they wanted to engage in, without making them all the same and just having people favor one or the other.

At the end of the day, Amnestics are rarely used, and even 939 blood gets used over Class-A since 939 blood is more effective then both Class-A and Class-B at this time, as it makes you forget 3 Hours.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
To my knowledge, it has not been suggested.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Promotes better Options for roleplay when dealing with infobreachs and other amnestic related issues.
- Actually promotes combining 939 and Amnesium to make Class-A, as atm Amnesium and 939 are just better Class-A.
- More incentivization to make Class-C, Class-D, and Class-E to be utilized for scenarios that might pop up.
- Less focus on just making Class-F, as you can make other things that can fill the gap that Class-F might need.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Possible complications with Class-G being added, but its hard to gauge.
- One More Chemical Combination

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
With this being all said, I am praying this will go through, as I feel the chemicals are really dumb at this time, and providing more utility in the form of making amnestics more broad, will just help roleplay, especially for things like ISD, Site Command, CI, and GOC.

Last edited:
Reactions: "Blobert"

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
bump
i like this suggestion, i want to use class B/C/D for once